Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547209 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1380: February 24, 2013, 02:15:07 PM »
Well, Barca is now cut in half.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1381: February 24, 2013, 02:44:10 PM »
This situation sort of reminds me of the Nova server in Astro Empires. The biggest guild, King, would have several spies in the enemy guild suicide their fleet into the enemy fleet just before the King fleet crashed the enemies main JG. They didn't even need to do so in order to win, but did so anyways.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382: February 24, 2013, 02:53:47 PM »
Everything else aside, Terran and D'Hara have pretty much zero reason to continue fighting if Barca defects. I mean, D'Hara is intact, Terran is intact, and most of the rhetoric was over reclaiming Barcan regions, yet Twainwood defected. OOC, I simply don't see this lasting much longer.

Rynn would rather be fighting Lurians anyway. That's the cool thing to do.

I can very much imagine this happening, particularly in D'Hara. Of course Constantine will vehemently oppose it if it does but most D'Haran's are fundamentally pragmatic.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383: February 24, 2013, 02:58:17 PM »
Yea bro, 68 nobles (plus your 27 Saxon fellas) against the 152 of the realms that are actively involved in the war against Aurvandil, not taking on account any Astroist realm. Indeed in 1 vs 1 combat Aurvandil does fine, but thankfully you have been doing awful diplomatic relations.

It's 72 now actually. Also, those 72 nobles follow orders precisely and really want this war to be over. Oh did you die from the death duel?

I hope d'hara can see the futility in this war now. A quick peace would most likely be welcomed by mendicant

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384: February 24, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »
A new war is breaking out   (12 minutes ago)
Zuma Coalition has declared war on Aurvandil.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385: February 24, 2013, 03:17:41 PM »
Nope, I didn't. Live today to fight another. And contrarily to your rounds, I checked the realm list before writing; 72 is the current amount after the last deflections. Congratulations, you can be proud to be host of the greatest amount of traitors in Dwilight!

Of course nobody likes to renounce to the government of a region just to keep clean honour. And you are so thirsty of new servants that don't even mind to openly boast about your new acquisitions. I'm sure they'll do fine as long as things go well for Aurvandil.

Diplomatic isolation can be perfectly compensated by fighting just wars you know you can win and so keep happy your realm-mates, I admit you've done a good work there.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386: February 24, 2013, 03:26:03 PM »
Nope, I didn't. Live today to fight another. And contrarily to your rounds, I checked the realm list before writing; 72 is the current amount after the last deflections. Congratulations, you can be proud to be host of the greatest amount of traitors in Dwilight!

Of course nobody likes to renounce to the government of a region just to keep clean honour. And you are so thirsty of new servants that don't even mind to openly boast about your new acquisitions. I'm sure they'll do fine as long as things go well for Aurvandil.

Diplomatic isolation can be perfectly compensated by fighting just wars you know you can win and so keep happy your realm-mates, I admit you've done a good work there.
You seem rather bitter over this whole war. Defectors are something that has always happened in war. Some people always put wealth over  loyalty. I think some of the lords honestly think that aurvandil will be more fun to play with. I, for one, would be part of morek right now if I didn't value loyalty.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387: February 24, 2013, 03:57:07 PM »
Mendicant is so pompous that its impossible to be pragmatic around him anymore.

Also, with the Zuma's war declaration... things might change.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388: February 24, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »
Can you please quit? When has D'Hara ever claimed to be military geniuses? We haven't.

Um...how about every single time Chénier speaks about the war with Luria?

If you don't like what he says, go tell him to shut up, but don't try to pretend it doesn't exist so you can be rude to others.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389: February 24, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »

If you don't like what he says, go tell him to shut up, but don't try to pretend it doesn't exist so you can be rude to others.

Claiming the Lurias are inept is not the same as claiming that D'Hara is brillant.

I never claimed D'Hara had glorious awe-inspiring armies. I just repeatedly claimed that the Lurias' performances were pathetic.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390: February 24, 2013, 05:07:12 PM »
You seem rather bitter over this whole war. Defectors are something that has always happened in war. Some people always put wealth over  loyalty. I think some of the lords honestly think that aurvandil will be more fun to play with. I, for one, would be part of morek right now if I didn't value loyalty.

I have to admit my sense of loyalty is far less pragmatic, I guess I've always seen BM as a more sophisticated browser-game than many others where "fun" is for most of the players much more important than any other consideration. But it's true that playing the villain is very often much funnier than playing the righteous character.

It's not bitterness, but of course some things here have actually pissed me off. I don't like to lose in games, as everyone, but that's part of the game. What I have most criticised is the cocky and ignoble attitude I've seen very often (both IC and OOC) from a realm that puts so much emphasis in all the honourable thing. My bad anyway, characters are not alive but played by plain regular people and it's impossible to separate one from another completely.

Claiming the Lurias are inept is not the same as claiming that D'Hara is brillant.

I never claimed D'Hara had glorious awe-inspiring armies. I just repeatedly claimed that the Lurias' performances were pathetic.

That's definitely the way to get the opposition to Aurvandil divided and lose the war. The Greeks got united to fight the Persians, even Athenians and Spartans!  :D

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391: February 24, 2013, 05:35:12 PM »

Thats not D'hara claiming to be military geniuses, that's Chenier, a priest, pointlessly arguing about whether or not LN was inept.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392: February 24, 2013, 08:10:55 PM »
That's definitely the way to get the opposition to Aurvandil divided and lose the war. The Greeks got united to fight the Persians, even Athenians and Spartans!  :D

I only said as much OOC, on these forums, and not IG, and I haven't really repeated it since the ceasefire was signed.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393: February 24, 2013, 09:42:35 PM »
IG messages beg to differ. When D'hara defeated the one or two Solarian nobles that attacked Sallowwild they boasted of the victory far and wide. Stop and listen everytime D'hara wins a battle. It doesn't happen often but just listen.

Also if LN's performance was pathetic, what does that make D'hara's? I remember this realm they sent military aid to, Luria Vesperi. What happened to them?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394: February 24, 2013, 09:48:08 PM »
IG messages beg to differ. When D'hara defeated the one or two Solarian nobles that attacked Sallowwild they boasted of the victory far and wide. Stop and listen everytime D'hara wins a battle. It doesn't happen often but just listen.

Also if LN's performance was pathetic, what does that make D'hara's? I remember this realm they sent military aid to, Luria Vesperi. What happened to them?

Dhara beat one or two Solarian nobles, after a single Solarian Cav unit decimated four seperate units.

And then they started boasting how amazing they were. Haven't heard anything positive from the dharans since though.