Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547345 times)

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1515: March 11, 2013, 06:43:51 PM »
No he dosent. He dosent play the diplomatic/political/intrigue-game very well.

As a player I know its a bad move, but I am playing my headstrong character the way he is.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516: March 11, 2013, 06:47:46 PM »
You don't think it would be common courtesy to tell someone why you're attacking them? How else do you expect to achieve your goals? Unless your goal is just to have a war (and if that's what you want, then go for it), you may be able to get what you want rather quickly.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517: March 11, 2013, 07:04:55 PM »
Lawful by D'Haran standards.  That doesn't mean other realms recognize your laws.

Rogues are rogues whatever realm you belong to.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518: March 11, 2013, 07:07:47 PM »
Yes, I would recon it is common courtesy. And expected. But I do not wish to tip my hand OOC-wise.

And IC-wise, Grimrog do not like Hireshmont since the days when Asylon and Terran tried to cooperate, and unfortunaly his feelings is getting in the way for diplomacy.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519: March 11, 2013, 07:16:10 PM »
I'm not saying that you should say OOC what the reason is, if you're not providing it IC. I was really talking IC. It seems really weird that you would declare war without stating your reasons and/or demands.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520: March 11, 2013, 07:17:13 PM »
You don't think it would be common courtesy to tell someone why you're attacking them? How else do you expect to achieve your goals? Unless your goal is just to have a war (and if that's what you want, then go for it), you may be able to get what you want rather quickly.

Oh now common courtesy becomes an issue? Never mind Morek ignoring my messages back during Thulsoma, Caerwyn doing the same and even Astrum whenever they feel we are beneath them. I see how it works now, there is the Asylon standard and then the rest standard. You guys are experts at the double standard.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521: March 11, 2013, 07:18:37 PM »
Please learn to differentiate IC and OOC. The character was executed in a manner that was entirely within the game's parameter and for IC reasons. Your characters may not agree with these reasons, and that's good RP.

Ven was not executed out of spite against Dhalgren's player. Don't insinuate that it was; that's insulting.

I made no insinuation. Whats your problem?

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522: March 11, 2013, 07:19:09 PM »
I've noticed the theocracies are low on nobles.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523: March 11, 2013, 07:23:01 PM »
There's no double standard here. I would think that declaring war on someone would bring things to a whole new level. Did Morek ignore and refuse to talk to Asylon, and then declare war without telling anyone why? Did Astrum, or Caerwyn?

You need to get over the persecution complex. I'm trying to have a reasonable, polite conversation with someone. The last thing we need is you barging in with all your historical baggage and trying to start a flame-fest.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524: March 11, 2013, 07:27:55 PM »
I made no insinuation. Whats your problem?

Im not sure. Ven is a super player. It was a huge loss for Dwilight her leaving/dying/murdered by Chenier.

I understand that you think Chénier wanted for the player of Ven to leave Dwilight. I'm sure that wasn't the case. The character is gone, the player isn't.

The actions of our characters are not personal attacks. It's just a game. Sometimes characters will die.

If I read too much into it, sorry. It's probably not what you meant, but it's how I read it.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525: March 11, 2013, 07:33:32 PM »
So I just looked at the letter of Morek's cassus belli against Asylon. Correct me if i'm wrong in saying so but the SA profit never said anything bad about SA correct? just about OA?

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526: March 11, 2013, 07:40:06 PM »
Morek Empire declared Aurvandil an enemy of Sanguis Astroism, and Mendicant is just sitting there thinking "Oh, well you never mentioned it and I don't see why this should be Aurvandil's problem". Really, Mendicant is the height of ambivalence when it comes to Sanguis Astroism, whatever problems the church have they can refrain from troubling Aurvandil with them.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:44:07 PM by NoblesseChevaleresque »

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527: March 11, 2013, 07:44:08 PM »
I'm not saying that you should say OOC what the reason is, if you're not providing it IC. I was really talking IC. It seems really weird that you would declare war without stating your reasons and/or demands.

Yea, I hear you. But there are several reasons, all of the sort that I rather not make them public on ForumMaster. Thoose few that Grimrog trusts or respects has been given some of the reasons, not all. For Grimrog this war is far more complicated then a simple "We want region X a region Y"-type of war. Or a religious war for that matter, Asylon do not fight against any faith, we welcome all faiths.

So I understand that this might be slightly frustrating for some and annoying that I'm not really playing the game the way alot of other people do. Or that my character dosent openly explains his reasons and plans to characters he never exhange letters with until now.

After all, Grimrogs pride was very much hurt when only 3-4 regents congratulated him on his crown and rise to the throne ;).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:49:45 PM by Sir Grimrog Bjarnson »

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528: March 11, 2013, 07:46:09 PM »
Morek is welcome to join the fight. Infact we encourage it.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529: March 11, 2013, 07:48:39 PM »
There's no double standard here. I would think that declaring war on someone would bring things to a whole new level. Did Morek ignore and refuse to talk to Asylon, and then declare war without telling anyone why? Did Astrum, or Caerwyn?

You need to get over the persecution complex. I'm trying to have a reasonable, polite conversation with someone. The last thing we need is you barging in with all your historical baggage and trying to start a flame-fest.

So why did you bring up historical baggage and flamefests? You started off good and then flubbed.