Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547237 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1530: March 11, 2013, 08:02:35 PM »
Yea, I hear you. But there are several reasons, all of the sort that I rather not make them public on ForumMaster. Thoose few that Grimrog trusts or respects has been given some of the reasons, not all. For Grimrog this war is far more complicated then a simple "We want region X a region Y"-type of war. Or a religious war for that matter, Asylon do not fight against any faith, we welcome all faiths.

So I understand that this might be slightly frustrating for some and annoying that I'm not really playing the game the way alot of other people do. Or that my character dosent openly explains his reasons and plans to characters he never exhange letters with until now.

After all, Grimrogs pride was very much hurt when only 3-4 regents congratulated him on his crown and rise to the throne ;).

I guess you could say Terran just aren't relevant enough to know why you're burning them.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531: March 11, 2013, 08:04:27 PM »
Rogues are rogues whatever realm you belong to.

This is true, but the way in which rogues are treated is different on a realm to realm basis.  Asylon is not in the habit of treating the life of rogues as we please.  More so, as a member of the Cult of the Bloodmoon there are much more nuanced relations than purely rogue or not rogue.  I'm not saying you guys were wrong within the framework of D'Haran law, I'm just saying that within a broader context others don't need to recognize that law as their own.  This issue was certainly complicated by the fact that she was both rogue and on D'Haran land, I admit, but externally D'Haran law is still a relative to D'Hara and others may interpret the events as they wish.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532: March 11, 2013, 08:12:13 PM »
Being rogue is a bad thing. Intended to be. No one should ever want to be rogue. Rogues die, because rogues are obviously criminals.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533: March 11, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »
In most cases yes, but in this case Lady Ven willingly took off the crest of Asylon as she was on a religious quest.  Obviously it isn't ideal but a rogue is not always in that state because of criminal activity.  Yes, this means she was no longer under protection of a realm but some characters might still have certain humanitarian or religious standards that fall outside of realm laws or lead to various interpretations on the justness or unjustness in how said laws are applied.

You can keep arguing this all day but it is pretty pointless.  My character doesn't have to recognize the laws of D'Hara as legitimate, that is just the way it is.  Saying that we cannot interpret the actions of D'Hara as unjust because it was lawful by D'Haran standards is a silly retort.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534: March 11, 2013, 08:39:57 PM »
In most cases yes, but in this case Lady Ven willingly took off the crest of Asylon as she was on a religious quest.  Obviously it isn't ideal but a rogue is not always in that state because of criminal activity.  Yes, this means she was no longer under protection of a realm but some characters might still have certain humanitarian or religious standards that fall outside of realm laws or lead to various interpretations on the justness or unjustness in how said laws are applied.

You can keep arguing this all day but it is pretty pointless.  My character doesn't have to recognize the laws of D'Hara as legitimate, that is just the way it is.  Saying that we cannot interpret the actions of D'Hara as unjust because it was lawful by D'Haran standards is a silly retort.

Its not so much the laws of D'hara that matter, as the individual in question, by becoming a Rogue, placed themselves outside the protection of the law. Rogues are outlaws (not the status outlaw as defined by the game mechanics) and thus anybody can do whatever they want the the individual in question.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1535: March 11, 2013, 09:13:33 PM »
D'Haran's do not care if people break D'Haran laws OUTSIDE of D'Hara. But Ven broke them INSIDE D'Hara. More than once, actually. Imagine, a commoner flouting the laws of lords?

"There is a natural order to this world and those that fight against it do not fair well"
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536: March 11, 2013, 09:14:35 PM »
IC how would you have known a player is a rogue? Like seriously she could have just lied and said she was any nation, no noble would say they were rogue if they knew death was the result and if D'Hara had asked us who this noble was we would have said she was of Asylon. The mechanism is flawed.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537: March 11, 2013, 09:27:30 PM »
IC how would you have known a player is a rogue? Like seriously she could have just lied and said she was any nation, no noble would say they were rogue if they knew death was the result and if D'Hara had asked us who this noble was we would have said she was of Asylon. The mechanism is flawed.

Character, not player.

And the same way we know all kinds of useful information: the grapevine.

If it was a noble, then the allegiance status of any of the few hundred high nobles on a given continent (the very top interesting people out of hundreds of thousands or millions) would be known. By everyone. All the time.

If it was a commoner, then pff! who cares? Execute them all you like.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1538: March 11, 2013, 09:31:45 PM »
*Shrugs*

Ven was warned more than once and never even deigned to respond. I'm fairly confident she wanted to be martyred, although for what cause yet escapes me.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539: March 11, 2013, 09:35:58 PM »
To put it simple if the realm you are part of goes puff you become rogue. That's what happened here.
Your only option is to join a new realm before that happens.
Now we could lets say loot every single region of D'Hara to the ground and then execute all the rogues.Does that mean they were all commoners?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:38:25 PM by mikm »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540: March 11, 2013, 09:37:45 PM »
She was not killed just because she was a rogue. She was arrested for breaking D'haran law, which is you can only preach with permission from the regional lord, and she preached several times IIRC after being told to stop, thus she was arrested. She then was roleplaying Ven as being in an extremely terrible condition due to the blood fruit, thus the judge saw it as taking pity on her by executing her because her condition was that bad. Any roleplay about Ven's body being fine, does not count as roleplay, as it was already established by the player of Ven, that she was in terrible condition.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541: March 11, 2013, 09:45:24 PM »
Well, from an IC point of view we have no way of knowing what happened.No Asylon nobles were there at the time so can only speculate that the D'Hara judge was responsible for the whole thing.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:47:48 PM by mikm »

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1542: March 11, 2013, 09:46:10 PM »
Truth. Even Rynn felt bad for her. It pretty much was a Passion of the Ven scene. The Judge tripple checked with Rynn before executing her, which Rynn then explain to Glaum and Brom (not a bad sitcom idea, btw).

In fact, the incident she sparked very nearly saw bloodmoon fruit and the religion it spawned banned in D'Hara. Rynn stepped on that.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543: March 11, 2013, 09:48:50 PM »
Well, from an IC point of view we have no way of knowing what happened.No Asylon nobles were there at the time so can only speculate that the D'Hara judge was responsible for the whole thing.
Actually Glaumring has already been told about exactly what I said already. The IG Glaumring that is.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544: March 11, 2013, 09:49:52 PM »
Before the execution or after?