Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 547578 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1545: March 11, 2013, 09:51:20 PM »
Before the execution or after?
After.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546: March 11, 2013, 09:54:33 PM »
Quite pointless in that case. More of a mockery.If we executed some D'Hara nobles and informed you after saying they were crazy, I doubt you would like that.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547: March 11, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »
Quite pointless in that case. More of a mockery.If we executed some D'Hara nobles and informed you after saying they were crazy, I doubt you would like that.
Why would inform Glaumring about considering executing a pitiful thing for a human, that isn't even a member of his realm?We also never claimed crazyness. Glaumring whined in Dwi univerisity so he was informed through that. It wasn't like we executed Ven, and then went btw, I heard you care about this rogue so just to let you know, we executed her.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548: March 11, 2013, 10:07:32 PM »
Perhaps we'll get our chance to execute some crazy D'Harans soon! ;D
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549: March 11, 2013, 10:08:46 PM »
Why would inform Glaumring about considering executing a pitiful thing for a human, that isn't even a member of his realm?We also never claimed crazyness. Glaumring whined in Dwi univerisity so he was informed through that. It wasn't like we executed Ven, and then went btw, I heard you care about this rogue so just to let you know, we executed her.

'Whined'  no wonder dealing with you guys is always so pleasant. Wankers

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550: March 11, 2013, 10:15:55 PM »
Exactly that rude attitude IC as well.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551: March 11, 2013, 10:20:10 PM »
Ive noticed that anyone here can insult me or be rude but I do it its such a drama.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552: March 11, 2013, 10:25:06 PM »
I understand that you think Chénier wanted for the player of Ven to leave Dwilight. I'm sure that wasn't the case. The character is gone, the player isn't.

The actions of our characters are not personal attacks. It's just a game. Sometimes characters will die.

If I read too much into it, sorry. It's probably not what you meant, but it's how I read it.

I don't think that ANYONE in D'Hara had any idea who this character was, nor even the player. I had never heard of that family before, all I knew is that she was illegally preaching the same faith that Glaumring was illegally preaching shortly prior in support of the saxons, and that's probably all that others likely knew as well. That along with RP she wrote about what miserable condition she was in. The fact that she was rogue meant we couldn't blame anyone for her activities, so the options left were limited. I also have no idea what that had in mind when he brought his char to D'Hara and wrote his RP. Did he expect execution? Did he make another character since? Ven was a stranger who got executed for a mix of mercy killing, to put her out of her misery, and to punish for Glaumring's actions.

Truth. Even Rynn felt bad for her. It pretty much was a Passion of the Ven scene. The Judge tripple checked with Rynn before executing her, which Rynn then explain to Glaum and Brom (not a bad sitcom idea, btw).

In fact, the incident she sparked very nearly saw bloodmoon fruit and the religion it spawned banned in D'Hara. Rynn stepped on that.

Indeed, and then the issue was tabled to not cause useless disputes with Asylon, something which is no longer of any concern. I don't suppose that anyone saved her RP somewhere, though, did they? I'd love to reuse it...

Indeed, nobody had any idea this person had any importance to anyone. People who care for their own sakes don't become rogues and then go preach in foreign realms despite multiple warnings not to. And usually, few people care about people who don't care for themselves.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553: March 11, 2013, 10:53:52 PM »
Perhaps we'll get our chance to execute some crazy D'Harans soon! ;D
Another BS part of that incident. Ven was not an Asylonian but a rogue.
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554: March 11, 2013, 10:54:33 PM »
'Whined'  no wonder dealing with you guys is always so pleasant. Wankers
Whined, slandering D'hara, its all the same.
Exactly that rude attitude IC as well.
What did I say that you find rude?
― G.K. Chesterton

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555: March 11, 2013, 11:12:26 PM »
Everything.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1556: March 11, 2013, 11:16:17 PM »
Can we please talk about something else? I'd rather not this thread get locked too.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557: March 11, 2013, 11:21:32 PM »
I don't doubt one bit that a lot of stuff went on RP wise within D'Hara related to Lady Ven and her having a very real (in the RP sense) sickness, but Asylonians characters have no way of verifying any of it.  You might have informed Glaumring, but that doesn't mean you didn't lie to him.  All we in Asylon know for sure is that the leader of the Bloodmoon Cult showed up in D'Hara and was then executed.  There was no contact between us and Ven or between us and anyone in D'Hara who wasn't a member of that realm anyways.  Also my character wasn't able to make contact with the body of Lady Ven until quite some time after her execution, do to it being stored in D'Hara for awhile then being shipped off to Morek.  I think there might be some ambiguous quality as to the state of her body due to decomposition.  I never tried to say one way or another whether I interpreted her body as being ravaged by sickness or not when I first saw it.

Also there is some confusion based on this indecent and its relation to Asylon as a realm.  The Cult of the Bloodmoon is not a state religion, though many of the higher nobility in Asylon subscribe to it.  Nor was she a member of our realm at the time of her execution.  She was a good friend to many of us though and the leader of the Cult and played a not insignificant role in Asylon's history.  Her death angered many of us, but it never officially changed our kingdom's stance regarding D'Hara.  The only reason we are discussing it is because Chenier tried baiting Glaumring with it a few pages back (I apologize if it was brought up earlier in this thread, as I haven't gone through the entire thing).  It has little direct connection to this war.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 11:28:43 PM by Graeth »
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558: March 11, 2013, 11:54:27 PM »
Can we please talk about something else? I'd rather not this thread get locked too.
Bring up a topic.
Everything.
Well than I guess I will just continue to be rude. If you stated something specific that I said was rude or why everything was rude, I could see a point/ actually get something out of it to change so that I am not viewed as rude but just saying everything I say is rude, doesn't help in anyway.
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559: March 12, 2013, 12:03:02 AM »
Graeth hits it on the head perfectly and this is why we feel the way we do. We had not talked to Ven until we found out she was dead. I know it was just a IG announcement, but basically IG announcement meant that someone in D'Hara some peasant or jailer mentioned it and through the grapevine it arrived in Asylon. We had no idea she was rogue, all we knew is that our priest was out wandering and from word we heard in Barca. The next thing we know or hear she is in D'Hara, perhaps some CoB peasants mentioned it as it would be a big deal in the same vein as if the Prophet of SA was wandering around and peasants noticed it. Asides from that our anger was that D'Hara killed our head priest and member of Asylon.

Anyways, Chenier has an OOC/IC hatred of Glaumring so ergo IG he hates everything I do be it the Council of Mech Albion, CoB or Asylon so we just have to deal with it and play the game.