Author Topic: Sea Travel Feedback  (Read 58486 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sea Travel Feedback
« Reply #195: January 10, 2013, 06:53:43 PM »
... forgot how "reaching open seas" work... too lazy to look up earlier posts. so here goes.
12 hours on hand. 80 sf.. takes 10 hours and 90 odd gold to embark from rural of own realm

that means 2 hours left on hand, but reaching open sea cost 4 hours. will see what happens next turn.

might even get to see a "combat landing" this trip (albeit against undead in own realm)
---
next turn, open sea... so naval hours... right... i'll try to remember it....  (hmm... maybe the 2 hours should be called something different)

...19 hour landing in melegra.... chances are.. i'll miss any battle..
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:39:15 AM by fodder »
firefox

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: January 14, 2013, 03:50:03 PM »
sailing from a harbour...

The Storm of the South war chest covers 32 gold of the embarking costs.
You are now embarking ships into the Eastern Drift.
The ships will sail at sunset.
It will take about 5 hours until you reach the open sea.
Thanks to the friendly harbor, everything goes smoothly and almost pleasantly. <-----

that last line... does that mean things can go tits up if not at a harbour?
firefox

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: January 15, 2013, 05:35:11 PM »
No, it will just take longer.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #198: January 17, 2013, 03:28:17 AM »
I would like to see Sea Travel moved to the stable islands. What's stopping us, other than sea zone names and demarcations?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #199: January 17, 2013, 10:20:57 AM »
I would like to see Sea Travel moved to the stable islands. What's stopping us, other than sea zone names and demarcations?

It's not even completely implemented on testing, yet. We still need to remove the old sea routes.

Aside from that, yes, drawing the sea zones, etc.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #200: January 17, 2013, 11:36:21 AM »
It's not even completely implemented on testing, yet. We still need to remove the old sea routes.

Aside from that, yes, drawing the sea zones, etc.

The bug that prevents you from restocking provisions by looting should also be fixed first or over sea warfare would be neigh impossible for the attacker.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Jon Snow

• Knight
  • Eddard, Brandon, and Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: January 19, 2013, 05:46:15 AM »
Just tried sea travelling with an advy on BT. I'm on the eastern drift now. I couldn't read everything written before this, so I don't know if it's mentioned or not, but under the orders page I have two links saying 'Pay your men' and 'unit settings'. Those shouldn't be there for an advy. But other than that, I think the sea travel is absolutely awesome! Thanks Tom  :)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: January 19, 2013, 05:53:50 AM »
Just tried sea travelling with an advy on BT. I'm on the eastern drift now. I couldn't read everything written before this, so I don't know if it's mentioned or not, but under the orders page I have two links saying 'Pay your men' and 'unit settings'. Those shouldn't be there for an advy. But other than that, I think the sea travel is absolutely awesome! Thanks Tom  :)
Hmm, I have an interesting idea for a feature that would be for advys while on sea travel but no point in making the request with the doctrine conversion happening which is also why I haven't made a few other feature requests.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: January 19, 2013, 06:13:00 AM »
I feel too often I am being negative on the devs work so something positive is that I think what was done with sea travel when not having enough gold for embarking was a really good idea and well balanced
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton