Author Topic: Changing the begining of the day for the message system  (Read 3788 times)

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Title:
Changing the begining of the day for the message system

Summary:
Use the turn change as the begining of the day for the message system. 

Details:
When selecting messages "from Today" or "from Yesterday on", the cut off would be at the turn change rather than midnight at server time.

Benefits:
Less confusion (or frustration) for those who do not live on server time.

Possible Exploits:
Not sure there really could be any.

Zakilevo

This would be nice.  8)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
As I already said in the other topic: This MUST be a user-configurable option.

The new message system already uses "past 24 hours" as its definition of "today". The choice should be between that and this proposal.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Couldn't this proposal just be achieved from adding a "From the last X turns" button...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Couldn't this proposal just be achieved from adding a "From the last X turns" button...

How many buttons do you want to add? Last turn, last 2 turns, last 3 turns, last 24 hours, last 48 hours, last week, etc. etc. ?

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Replace the X with an input box so the user can choose?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Replace the X with an input box so the user can choose?

Making for more clicks for something that is used regularily?

Not if the input box has a default value of 1 day, so that all you need to do is click "go" and it shows the last day. players who need more than 1 day just erase the 1 and type in a different value.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 07:28:50 AM by egamma »

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Making for more clicks for something that is used regularily?

One or two more clicks to use something in exchange for not having to have 2 or 3 or 4 or however many extra buttons in an already quite full page seems a fair trade off for me

Gustav Kuriga

I would just like to say if I want to see the messages from the past 24 hours, I want it to be from the point in time I am checking the messages at, not 12 am server time. (Which also happens to be turn change for me)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
As I already said in the other topic: This MUST be a user-configurable option.

The new message system already uses "past 24 hours" as its definition of "today". The choice should be between that and this proposal.

You can already put "1" in the "messages from the last X days", now that I can think of it. Which then searches by the time since you click the send button, and not turns, right?

To think of it, may as well default "today" to last two turns, then, since the last 24 hours can be achieved through other means.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I just use the Yesterday onwards button since I'm 6 hours behind server time