Author Topic: Unfortunate misclick  (Read 2134 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Unfortunate misclick
« Topic Start: October 13, 2012, 04:26:41 PM »
I accidentally unpaused a character that I do not intend to play at the moment. The problem is that I now have more active characters than I am allowed, but I am not allowed to immediately re-pause the unpaused character.

How long does the restriction last? If it's only 24hrs I'll wait and re-pause the character I don't want to play, but if it's more like 14 days then I'll have to pause a character that I actually want to play, and that would be unfortunate.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Unfortunate misclick
« Reply #1: October 13, 2012, 04:29:22 PM »
I accidentally unpaused a character that I do not intend to play at the moment. The problem is that I now have more active characters than I am allowed, but I am not allowed to immediately re-pause the unpaused character.

How long does the restriction last? If it's only 24hrs I'll wait and re-pause the character I don't want to play, but if it's more like 14 days then I'll have to pause a character that I actually want to play, and that would be unfortunate.

How is that even possible? It doesn't allow me to unpause more characters than I have a right to...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 13, 2012, 04:43:45 PM »
How is that even possible? It doesn't allow me to unpause more characters than I have a right to...

I don't know. I now have 5 unpaused characters, but I can't play.

egamma

« Reply #3: October 13, 2012, 05:37:31 PM »
Post that to the bugtracker with you player ID and the character you wish to pause.

Or, make a donation.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #4: October 13, 2012, 06:34:10 PM »
It should not have allowed you to unpause beyond your restrictions.  This is a bug, and not your fault for misclicking. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 13, 2012, 06:55:27 PM »
Update: I was able to repause the character after turn change, so my problem is solved for the moment. I'll post to the bugtracker anyway. Thanks for the help!

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 13, 2012, 07:08:11 PM »
Done, bug #7462.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 17, 2012, 12:50:33 AM »
It happened to me too, I actually believe the problem may reside in the fact that after clicking unpause there is a second control page (I guess) with "start playing" as a link, but the character is anyway already unpaused.