Author Topic: Peasants lynching their own  (Read 3083 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Peasants lynching their own
« Topic Start: April 03, 2011, 06:34:08 AM »
Just got this message in Perdan, and I've seen it lots of times before:

"The people in Montauban are revolting! 12 gold have been stolen from various tax collector offices. Production is dropping 3 points. 403 men of the local militia get lynched by angry mobs. Unit Peasant Militia eradicated. Unit Peasant Militia eradicated. Unit Peasant Militia eradicated. Unit Peasant Militia eradicated. Unit Peasant Militia eradicated. Unit Peasant Militia eradicated."

Does it really make sense for the peasants to be lynching peasant militias? Those militias were specifically formed by the peasants to try and protect themselves, then they decide to lynch them?

Zakilevo

Re: Peasants lynching their own
« Reply #1: April 03, 2011, 07:05:09 AM »
Yep. It is perfectly possible. I bet those peasants were drunk or drugged. Something crazy has happened.

To be serious, that is very weird but I think I've seen it somewhere. Even though those peasants became militias to protect their homes but the game mechanics put them as defending units of a region. That is probably why that happened.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 03, 2011, 10:25:17 AM »
Maybe the peasant militia didn't turn out to be as nice as the other peasants thought? Give a mob of people some weapons and power over others and you quite easily end up abusing that power.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 03, 2011, 02:20:40 PM »
Yep. It is perfectly possible. I bet those peasants were drunk or drugged. Something crazy has happened.

To be serious, that is very weird but I think I've seen it somewhere. Even though those peasants became militias to protect their homes but the game mechanics put them as defending units of a region. That is probably why that happened.

I've seen it numerous times. I would even go so far as to say it is quite common in times of war.

I guess the peasant militia are simply viewed as general militia (by game mechanics), and militia represent the authority of the region/realm. As they are unhappy with the situation and the current rulership, they vent their anger on the people at hand. The (general) militia. Game mechanics don't always make sense :)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 03, 2011, 02:27:13 PM »
I guess that is what I'm getting at, yes. I understand the game mechanics, but from a logic point of view it doesn't make a lot of sense. Perhaps the militia did abuse their power, but not every single time, surely.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: April 03, 2011, 03:05:07 PM »
When thousands of angry guys get angry with pitchforks and torches, they don't really care who they consume in their almight quest for...anger venting.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 03, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »
Actually, it is not intended, but it's not really very high on our priority list  :-\
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan