Author Topic: The Death of Thomas Greyson  (Read 2399 times)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The Death of Thomas Greyson
« Topic Start: October 15, 2012, 04:24:57 AM »
In pursuit of justice regarding a perceived slight, Karibash ka Habb, Duke of the Dark Mountains, Margrave of the Shrine of Seeklander, Marshal of the Twilight Wardens, Marquis of Aquitain, Last King of Everguard, Sovereign of the County of Forguthrie and all its Holdings, Vassal of the Vasilif of Astrum challenged "the knave" Duke Thomas of Greyhold to a duel to the death.

Roleplay from Karibash ka Habb   (3 days, 21 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in the region Lupa Lapu (4 recipients)
Finishing his letter, he sets the quill down. It is to be sent to someone north. He sighs, then starts stretching his shoulders. They ache. But today he will kill or be killed. A suitable death for the great warrior of old. But he has no intention of dying today.

His eyes glaze over as he begins to chant in Toren. The Stars above him provide him wisdom, but the traditions of his people will give him strength.

In the mountains we call home,
There lies a people strong and old.

Built on steel and broken bone,
We sit upon our granite throne.

War our life and chaos our soul,
We crush the weak and take their gold.

Our god is dead we've lost our home,
Far o'er the salty seas we roam

The Stars above they brighten our path,
But in our heart still lies the wrath.

Our will ne'er breaks so long 's we breathe,
Our friends will die but we shan't grieve

Broken steel and broken bone,
We all return to the granite throne.

Roleplay from Karibash ka Habb   (2 days, 22 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in the region Lupa Lapu (6 recipients)
Thomas Greyson, Duke of Greyhold, Baron of Balance's Retreat meets his challenger Karibash ka Habb, Duke of the Dark Mountains, Margrave of Shrine of Seeklander for the agreed duel till death.
Karibash has decided to use the 'trick moves' strategy while Thomas has chosen the 'defensive' strategy, giving Karibash the advantage.
The duel runs its course, until Karibash delivers a fatal blow. The healers carry Thomas away, seriously wounded but still breathing.

They meet at sundown. Karibash has long prepared for this moment. His eyes burn with a rage. Hate. The bloodlust of the Toren. He wears on his heart a pendant of his people. Overtop that a gambeson filled with horse hair, then chainmail, and finally plates on his torso, shoulders, and front of his arms. Though there are wide gaps in his plate armour, it is lighter than even the cheapest chainmail. His breeches are padded with hardened leather and scales of steel. He wears no helmet. His face is a maze of scars, his grey beard neatly trimmed, and his head freshly shaved. He has a shield and a sword. The shield is wooden and round. The Saxons told tales of how he was the son of Tor and that his shield arm was unbreakable; the tales were never proven false.

As he approaches the agreed upon site he notes many minor nobles and heralds bearing the banners of major nobles. The Old Toren duels the young Solarian.

A scribe speaks, but Karibash does not hear him. His gaze is fixed. He sees the target.

The duel begins and Karibash marches forward. The coward Thomas is being defensive, sword raised to parry. So let him parry. Karibash feints a lunge and as Thomas goes to parry his sword is slapped by the shield. Karibash sees terror through Thomas's helmet. It pleases him. They trade blows. Karibash though old is swift. His shield is unyielding and his sword swings come tantalizingly close. Karibash laughs. This is easy. Then he roars and as Thomas flinches he kicks him in the chest sending him sprawling to the ground. Karibash laughs again. Thomas stands up, now visibly shaking, but still cautious. But caution will have no use against the master. Leaving his armpit open while he swings his shield, Karibash beckons Thomas strike. And so he does. A lunge towards the armpit of his shield arm is met with the flat face of the shield coming up and in a flurry of movement Karibash has hacked deep into Thomas's kidney, cracked his helm with the shield, but his swing to remove Thomas's head deflects off the shoulder, instead wedging into the helm. Thomas falls to the dirt, mortally wounded but breathing as his second runs over waving his arms. Karibash removes his sword and shakes his head as his second, Edward, comes to help him with his armour. Karibash calls out loudly for all heralds to hear:

"The coward can't even die properly. Defeated by an old man, discredited in his homeland, the only way to prove that he has a shred of decency left would be for him to end his own life!"

And so was the coward Thomas Greyson defeated by the elder Karibash ka Habb, Duke of the Dark Mountains.

Zakilevo

Re: The Death of Thomas Greyson
« Reply #1: October 15, 2012, 09:42:52 AM »
Heh. You finally came to Solaria ;)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 19, 2012, 06:13:31 AM »
Letter from Thomas Greyson   (3 days, 23 hours ago)
You fought well, and though I lost due to my unwillingness to harm one as old as you, I must accede that you did prove yourself valiantly on the field of Honour.

I trust this has ended the insanity you have shown and we may go on with our lives.

All peace be to you.

Thomas Greyson
Duke of Greyhold
Baron of Balance's Retreat

Letter from Karibash ka Habb   (3 days, 23 hours ago)
(Personal message to Thomas Greyson)
You're saying I lost due to your kindness!? Watch what is going to happen now. You will die.

Karibash ka Habb
Duke of the Dark Mountains
Margrave of Shrine of Seeklander

Letter from Thomas Greyson   (3 days, 23 hours ago)
I apologize if you found any insult in my words, it was meant to congratulate you on your victory. You fought well and I acknowledge that. The congratulations go to you.

Thomas Greyson
Duke of Greyhold

Letter from Karibash ka Habb   (3 days, 23 hours ago)
(Personal message to Sevastian Guile)
Esteemed Lord Arbiter,

The Knave has sent me a message...

Letter from Thomas Greyson
(Personal message to Karibash ka Habb)
You fought well, and though I lost due to my unwillingness to harm one as old as you, I must accede that you did prove yourself valiantly on the field of Honour.

I trust this has ended the insanity you have shown and we may go on with our lives.

All peace be to you.

Thomas Greyson
Duke of Greyhold

Make of that what you will. Whether he expires by your hands, that of council, or my blade, I will not leave Solaria until he is dead.

Your's,

Karibash ka Habb

Report from Sevastian Guile   (3 days, 21 hours ago)
For your amusement, and knowledge.

Duke Thomas claims you fabricated his letter, and refuses to accept his fate. You have my leave to continue the matter until satisfaction is claimed.
----------
Letter from Sevastian Guile
Message sent to everyone in message group "Arbiter's Court" (8 recipients)
Duke Thomas,

So now you are above the ancient and proper laws of nobility? Satisfaction must be met. Plain and simple. Do not hesitate in your next fight with him. He has leave to remain as long as he must until you put him in a grave, or you lie dead. One of you must die, so says the issuer of the challenge.

Regards,
Sevastian Guile
Arbiter of Solaria
----------

I do hope this matter can be settle soon. We may have need of a corpse in the next several days.

Sevastian Guile
Arbiter of Solaria

Letter from Karibash ka Habb   (1 day, 1 hour ago)
Message sent to everyone in the region Poryatown (31 recipients)
All in attendance,

I will be at the Broken Spirits House, mourning that I haven't slain the coward Thomas Greyson who has now disappeared. Any and all are free to join me where we can regale each other with tales of war, battle, and love lost!

Karibash ka Habb

Noble has left   (just in)
Yves Hacault has deleted the character Thomas. The reason for leaving was: A mysterious figure in the night comes to Thomas on his hospital bed. He recognized the figure as Karibash, the old man that bested him with a blade. As he struggled to rise to greet him, Karibash takes his blade and plunges it into his chest, before taking away the body for his own nefarious purposes.

Roleplay from Karibash ka Habb
Message sent to everyone in the region Poryatown (34 recipients)
Karibash has been drinking heavily at the Broken Spirits House. Speaking with minor nobles and wealthy merchants, they are entranced by his tales of war in the South East. Between his considerable fortune and the generosity of the other patrons, though he is still calm and pleasant in converation, the giant man's eyes are wild and he stinks of gin and brandy. But he is having a merry old time, it has been quite a while since he has enjoyed a drink and his retainers allow him some freedom. As the night wears on though, his new friends leave and his retainers anxiously try to nudge him out of his seat. He mumbles something, before brushing them away and disappearing into the night.

He returns in the morning to his rented estate looking dapper as always, though a little fatigued.

A corpse is found by a fishmonger near the harbour. It has been decapitated and the chest viciously ripped open. The heart is gone and rib cage cracked and spread wide open. Curiously, a large piece of skin has been removed from the back. There is little blood, it appears that the corpse was allowed to drain.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 19, 2012, 06:53:26 AM »
Positively delightful bit of rp and intrigue!

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: October 19, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »
Heh. Death of a coward!