Author Topic: Leaving in a huff  (Read 19514 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Leaving in a huff
« Topic Start: October 15, 2012, 01:38:22 PM »
There have now been a few incidents of players declaring that they're leaving a thread (or even the forum) because they're disgusted with it for one reason or another, and either deleting all their posts themselves, or demanding that a mod do so.

I would argue that this should not be something mods should do, unless their posts in the thread are pretty obviously inflammatory (and in that case, they shouldn't be waiting until the person asks!). The sole purpose seems to be along the lines of, "I don't want to talk with you guys anymore, and if I can't defend them, I don't want my posts hanging around to be discussed!" This is an immature attitude, and seems to me to be at odds with the spirit of the forums.

However, I'm not a mod of any sort, so I thought I'd open a discussion on the subject.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan