Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf XI: The Thing Attacks  (Read 94507 times)

Fury

Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf XI: The Thing Attacks
« Reply #285: November 02, 2012, 06:04:41 PM »

NIGHT 10 EVENTS

VOTE Lefanis - Velax #284

DK tries to vote Lefanis but his use of the continuous tense or progressive tense made it sound like his vote wasn't complete and not to mention not in the proper format which left Velax as the only vote so no one paid attention to him.

It seemed no one had really made a clear distinction between contamination and infection. Heaven forbid they thought it the same. There was also confusion about the probability of contamination. 85.71% of... what was it the droid said? All the same, no one noticed that the droid was now missing. Their sleep was also interrupted by the constant playing of Beiber that started for a few seconds, stopped and restarted over and over again without ever going past more than 5 seconds. It also appeared that someone was having a bad case of diarrhea as well, well at least the vocal exertions seemed to convey that.

Then, it happened. A mighty roar is heard followed by a scream and then: Eh, want to get your hands off my throat? What? Oh, yes, yes. Sorry. What's wrong with you? What? Oh, nothing hehehe. Get away from me you creep!

The roaring and screaming happens a second time tonight. The rest of the night passes uneventfully.

Richard Leonecoeur

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #286: November 02, 2012, 06:47:58 PM »
Is everyone okay? Rather, feeling okay? Should we open windows?

No, I suppose not. But I'm beginning to feel like I've been stuck in here for too long. I wish we could leave... but any, or all of us could be contaminated... Was anyone missing from the point at which we kileld the Thing?

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #287: November 03, 2012, 12:44:51 AM »
Then it projects a holographic image of a recording taken from cameras installed in the main hall and replays the scene where 6 humans surround Zaki as it transformed into the Thing and gets beaten back by the humans and finally Ketchum and Disturbedyang draw their Beretta and blast Zaki's head which explodes in a showering mess of blood and goo that splashes onto the lynchers.

We are all 6 humans there. I wont be surprise all of us, or most of us are infected. See above :(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #288: November 03, 2012, 08:20:28 AM »
Disturbedyang goes to the pantry and drink till it's dry as it is weekend and no one is around.

Fury

« Reply #289: November 03, 2012, 10:00:05 AM »
UPDATE

In an empty room in a deserted part of the facility, someones starts grilling - the droid. But who took it and why and more importantly, how was anyone else supposed to ask questions if the droid had been droidnapped? Elsewhere, someone else was raiding the bar of all the drinks, reducing supplies even further. In another part, voting methodology was even brought into question.

But the most important question of all was: were people really trying to TURN into the Thing up to the point of physically exerting themselves to transform? Weren't they trying to get rid of it in the first place? And who was the Thing now? Maybe there wasn't any and if everyone just stopped voting to lynch, then the remaining survivors might actually... survive? There were decisions to make and if no one made any they might find that they're already dead when they try to wake up...

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #290: November 03, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »
Fury must have been watching too much Hulk the green skin movies :P

Ketchum takes a barrel of rum from Disturbedyang and gulps it down. Then he goes looking for droid in every room he could possible cover in one night. He uses a torchlight to light the rooms if it is too dark. Paying more attention towards any droid parts that fall out when the droid was droidnapped. With one hand inside his pocket ready to take out Beretta to blast the infected Thing, he takes good care and be very quiet as he looks in every room.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #291: November 03, 2012, 05:54:56 PM »
Lots of voting going on here.

Fury

« Reply #292: November 03, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »

NIGHT 11 EVENTS

Everyone decides... to wait.

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #293: November 04, 2012, 03:25:51 AM »
VOTE PENCHANT

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #294: November 04, 2012, 04:21:18 AM »
Vote Penchant.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #295: November 04, 2012, 11:52:21 AM »
VOTE PENCHANT. He too quiet and most likely been infected among us all.

Richard Leonecoeur

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #296: November 04, 2012, 03:04:36 PM »
Vote Penchant!

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #297: November 04, 2012, 03:59:52 PM »
I doubt I will live with four votes against me but regardless I will try. First I would like to Vote Disturbedyang. I have been quite last night because Ketchum attacked me with bared. It hurt me a bit so I was trying to rest. I don't believe Ketchum is the thing though because he didn't transform into the thing-chances are he was just too drunk. I voted Disturbedyang because he asked me if anything happened, I told what did happen, then today he votes for me without even giving a reason which makes me think he is the thing because why else would he want me killed.

Next, in case I am lynched I will post all successful research results. OOC:(Research will be edited in, in a minute or so.)

Biology
As a parasitic lifeform, the Thing seeks to absorb and assimilate any nearby lifeform native to whatever planet the Thing arrives on. This enables the parasite to gain shelter and be able to adapt to virtually any environment that can sustain multi-cellular, complex life, which is its principle food and host source.

Each individual cell of the creature is both part of a singular multi-cellular lifeform and distinct, independent entity at the same time. Dual-functionality of the creature enables individual cells and/or collections of cells to function as separate organisms if necessary, which are invariably focused on one goal; assimilating and imitating other lifeforms.

It assimilates other lifeforms by either deploying separate, autonomous parts or using the mass of its own body to capture or seize a host, which will subsequently consume and generate a replica of the host from the biomass of the victim and the parasite itself, which is itself a copy of the Thing. Depending upon the size or nature of the infectious method, the consumption and replication of a host can take a variable length of time, from a very long time period to a shorter one, depending on whether the assimilating agent are small particles or larger forms.

One key capability of the creature is its ability to undergo cryogenic stasis, much like the Earth-native yeast fungus. This enabled it to lay dormant for at least 100,000 Earth years, awaiting discovery by any sentient life forms who have the means to revive it from its long-term dormancy.
Reproduction
When the Thing attacks another organism in order to assimilate and imitate it, it rapidly generates a haphazard arrangement of limbs and body parts from its own biomass that are structured in a manner to both intimidate the victim and to enable fast and efficient capture of the victim. This array of appendages and transformations are composed of replicas of portions of the anatomies' of previously-assimilated species, which are reorganized and rearranged into a formation or set of formations that fit the immediate needs of the parasite. The manner and timespan of this process are done at rate that is almost explosive in nature.

Once a host is captured, the assortment of grasping appendages of the creature penetrate the epidermal layers of victim, it quickly introduces masses of its own cells to begin the process of assimilation. The invading cells immediately capture and absorb all of the victim's cells in their path, and proceed to metabolically break them down as a fuel and energy source for their activities. During this process, the parasite's cells analyze and record the entire genetic code of its victim, which then are subsequently put to use.

Using the newly acquired biomass and genetic information, the creature uses the combined biomass of itself and the host to generate a copy of the parasite that is structured as a complete imitation of the now-deceased and consumed host. Every characteristic and individual quirk of the host is copied, including physiological flaws or health conditions, such as the weakened heart of the Outpost #31's Norris. In order to successfully complete its work safely, the Thing prefers to be in solitary, close proximity to its target with the condition that it will be alone long enough to generate a replacement organism of the host.

If circumstances allow, the Thing will remove the clothing of its vicitims in order to optimize the rate of transformation, because of the fact that during the conversion process, the extremities of the victim will take on an inconsistent, haphazard shape before returning to the form of the host's anatomy. The precise reasons for this are unknown, but it is likely the outcome of the in-progress replica taking in the full genetic record of past victims from its parent organism, in order to perpetuate the parasite's life-cycle.

History
The only known survivors of first Thing encounters were the researcher Lefanis, the Hematologist Zakilevo, the Psychologist Ketchum and the Commando Indirik. Indirik is rumoured to be currently having a supporting role in a cheesy reality TV show.

No one survived the Thing Returns. Lefanis, the hero of the Thing was recruited as a secret government agent but was rumoured to have been killed in the Thing Returns after recruiting Ketchum who also presumably perished. So was Zakilevo/???/Zaki who branched out into research and had more name changes than sex change operations. Except for the Thing of course - Telrunya, who infected D'Espana. There is a D'Espana of the same name in Thule Station now but it is unknown if it is the same person. Interestingly, D'Espana was Lefanis' unknown secret agent partner and was lynched by Lefanis. Other notable casualties were Sonya the female gypsy Psychic and Velax the big game Hunter who shot more people than the Thing ever hurt.

Origin
“It came down from space, driven and lifted by forces men haven’t discovered yet, and somehow – perhaps something went wrong then – it tangled with Earth’s magnetic field. It came south here, out of control probably, circling the magnetic pole. That’s a savage country there, but when Antarctica was still freezing it must have been a thousand times more savage. There must have been blizzard snow, as well as drift, new snow falling as the continent glaciated. The swirl there must have been particularly bad, the wind hurling a solid blanket of white over the lip of that now-buried mountain.

“The ship struck solid granite head-on, and cracked up. Not every one of the passengers in it was killed, but the ship must have been ruined, her driving mechanism locked. It tangled with Earth’s field, Norris believes. No thing made by intelligent beings can tangle with the dead immensity of a planet’s natural forces and survive.

“One of its passengers stepped out. The wind we saw there never fell below 41, and the temperature never rose above -60. Then – the wind must have been stronger. And there was drift falling in a solid sheet. The thing was lost completely in ten paces.”
Sadly it is not a lot to go on, but it's what I have. Also, earlier some shared a report on the cognitive function of the thing but I seem to have misplaced it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:15:37 PM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #298: November 04, 2012, 05:44:12 PM »
Lefanis went up to the droid, demanding-

Who is Norris?
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Fury

« Reply #299: November 04, 2012, 05:51:38 PM »
Lefanis went up to the droid, demanding-

Who is Norris?

Lefanis then realizes he's looking at an empty space. The droid had previously been droidnapped!