Author Topic: OG/Sint: WTF?!  (Read 19068 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
OG/Sint: WTF?!
« Topic Start: October 17, 2012, 03:24:48 PM »
why did almost the entire realm of OG swear aliegance to Sint?
Is there a bug and if not please share the fun!
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: OG/Sint: WTF?!
« Reply #1: October 17, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »
This was explained in the Facebook Post thread.

However, it seems like the kind of thing that warrants more discussion than that thread really allows ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 17, 2012, 11:31:44 PM »
Why were the regions able to switch right back is what I don't understand. Aren't there delays on these things?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 18, 2012, 12:14:57 AM »
Not since the new system, I believe.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 18, 2012, 04:08:34 AM »
Duke Nidor thought things should be one way, Emperor Michael thought they should be another. Stuff in Church of Humanity happened. Result; Nidor began closing down temples of CoH, which was forbidden by Old Grehk Law. Michael demanded the Chancellor levy some fines, but the Chancellor of course was siding with Nidor and did nothing at all. End result, both the Treasurer and Chancellor were protested day and night and finally switched loyalty to the fire instead of the frying pan.

Interesting times for Tocoto, who up til now hasn't cared one bit about politics and has stayed out for the most part.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #5: October 18, 2012, 04:15:50 AM »
What kind of noble doesn't care about politics?!

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 18, 2012, 04:26:44 AM »
Well Tocoto began his career fighting Daimons during the invasion; became a hero, and stuck to that role as a simple knight who cares only about duty. But that started changing when he was appointed (by Nidor) as a lord, and now with this recent situation is getting into the thick of things. So yeah, nobles can't really stay out of politics forever...
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 18, 2012, 12:49:26 PM »
what i don't understand is what is so OOC about it?
the player who plays michael acts like some dudes got a fight and now use the game to get back on each other.
From other reports it looks like a clear IC conflict, that perhaps could have let some players to start whining or such OOCly.
You often see people identifying them selves with there family and characters waaaay to often, as if losing a position or failing a plan means somehow losing the game making it no longer fun to play but more a motivation to sporadicaly destroy keyboards.
I am not syaing we can complety NOT indentify our selves with the game, that inevitable, but atleast we should try to play decent characters instead of extensions of your self that could make up for failures IRL or such.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 18, 2012, 01:20:28 PM »
What kind of noble doesn't care about politics?!

One who's out to enjoy the game.  ;)

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 19, 2012, 12:51:37 AM »
the player who plays michael acts like some dudes got a fight and now use the game to get back on each other.
From other reports it looks like a clear IC conflict, that perhaps could have let some players to start whining or such OOCly.
You often see people identifying them selves with there family and characters waaaay to often, as if losing a position or failing a plan means somehow losing the game making it no longer fun to play but more a motivation to sporadicaly destroy keyboards.
I am not syaing we can complety NOT indentify our selves with the game, that inevitable, but atleast we should try to play decent characters instead of extensions of your self that could make up for failures IRL or such.

Because thats exactly what happened.

The players of Nidor and Caitiri dont like the player of Victus OOCly and used IC means to get at him because his character is founder of the Church. Nidor didnt want him there, so he used his positions within Old Grehk to attack the Church while Caitiri as Judge did nothing. Because I didnt back them and I kept it all IC, they tried to hurt Old Grehk to get at me. Nidor left taking the regions in his duchy to Sint, Caitiri switched the Vatrona duchy then immediately deleted her characters. Clearly no IC reason for it, pure OOC.
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #10: October 19, 2012, 01:27:40 AM »
Everything.  If you don't get it now, it's unlikely you ever will.

That would be the player of the Ji'bari family (the judge in OG at the time), yes.  Because that's fact.  Everything she did was highly Out Of Character.  She frequently targeted my characters not because any of them or the family did anything towards any of her characters, but rather due to OOC hatreds because I kick-banned her from an IRC chat and stripped her of her Op status when she abused it.  Yeah, that's the crux of the matter right there for her.

She wasn't getting what she wanted, so she had the duchy join Sint and deleted her account. 

"Other reports"?  Pray tell me what these "other reports" are.  Thanks.

You often see people identifying them selves with there family and characters waaaay to often, as if losing a position or failing a plan means somehow losing the game making it no longer fun to play but more a motivation to sporadicaly destroy keyboards
I agree.  And I'm pretty sure Michael would as well.  There are plenty of people I dislike on an OOC level, or IC level, but I never take out on other family members.  Take Velax's Kindaran character.  My noble there wants to see him drawn and quartered for being such a douche and suspected spy for his kin to the north.  Yet his Perdan character?  I believe he's a member of the Church and I have absolutely no problem with him.  Wish he'd put in a little more effort though. >.>

Let me try to put it this way: 

The Lionhearts, along with the old Judge of OG, know me from another game.  That game is rife with backstabing and OOC power plays (such as people getting to know each other for YEARS through IRC, phone calls, even RL visits and acting as a friend just to be able to betray them later on for cash or assets).  I've explained why the judge hates me already.  Petty grudge that she's allowed to fester over the years.

Lionheart though?  I refused him a promotion before in that game.  That's really what started it.  Why did I refuse the promotion?  Because I know him.  He tends to cause whatever chaos he can when he doesn't get his way.  Can be useful if you're on the same side as him, mind you, but not if you're the one saying no.  I've tried to mend the fence between us for quite some time and thought I was successful.  According to Turner that was not and never was the case.  Shame, but whatever.

Essentially, Lionheart and the judge wanted anything to deal with me as a player ousted from OG, going so far as to try to twist OOC conversations between himself and Turner into IC statements. 

Doesn't matter anymore, I suppose.  The situation is being corrected ICly.  The Lionhearts will soon be persona non grata on Beluaterra and Turner has gained himself a learning experience.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 19, 2012, 10:39:36 AM »
what an unfortunate turn of events.
These kind of situations are perhaps the biggest bummers in the game.

Concerning 'reports' that looked things where IC, that's just some in game message my characters received in another realm.
I understand the situation now.

I hope you guys can find some funny IG explanations for these actions, perhaps possesion, witchcraft or the works of evil deamons.

Unfortuantly there is little we can to prevent it, all we can do is try to spot it earlier on and perhaps talk(rant) it out on the forums(or forum court rooms) before it escalates.
There magistreates, titans, or tom can also follow it wholey and act if necesary.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #12: October 19, 2012, 10:43:03 AM »
Yeah, basically we're blaming fel/daimonic corruption and dark magics.  That and lunacy.  Buncha crazies.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: October 19, 2012, 01:43:31 PM »
Unfortuantly there is little we can to prevent it, all we can do is try to spot it earlier on and perhaps talk(rant) it out on the forums(or forum court rooms) before it escalates.
There magistreates, titans, or tom can also follow it wholey and act if necesary.
Please do NOT do this. Titans and Magistrates do not troll the forums looking for cases. Titans and Magistrates *only* handle cases that are reported to them through the official game interface. If you think someone is cheating or violating the social contract, report them. Do not engage in a public smear campaign hoping that someone will do it for you.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: October 19, 2012, 01:47:34 PM »
If you think someone is cheating or violating the social contract, report them.

T, FTFY.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan