Author Topic: OG/Sint: WTF?!  (Read 19069 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: OG/Sint: WTF?!
« Reply #15: October 19, 2012, 06:30:23 PM »
Why was the allegiance switch delays removed?

There'd have been possibilities for a lot more tensions if Sint wouldn't have been able to hand them back to OG for another two weeks...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 23, 2012, 08:41:39 PM »
Regions were traded back after local lords steeped down I believe.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #17: October 23, 2012, 10:28:58 PM »
The regions that had loyal lords came back Asap.  This left three still in Sint, one being lordless since the rogue judge deleted her characters.  Don't banished the two Lionhearts.  Oh, and tried to pull "well, we returned Ircymbar to you but since its really ours, we should choose the ruler in the new colony, k?"

Didn't go over well. Lol.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 24, 2012, 05:03:45 AM »
I'm hoping tension over the formation of the colony leads to some good wars. We need a good war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #19: October 24, 2012, 06:28:08 AM »
Sint just needs to die and be replaced. <.<

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 24, 2012, 01:28:34 PM »
Sint just needs to die and be replaced. <.<

I tried to do this. Everyone turned against me.  >:(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #21: October 25, 2012, 02:38:17 AM »
You haven't exactly been good at making friends in the North.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 25, 2012, 04:38:05 AM »
I would love to see an OG/Sint war. Too bad it would end up as a
4-1 war, most likely.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 25, 2012, 05:25:09 AM »
I would hope it wouldn't be 4-1. I know my character, who holds a bit of influence would resist having our realm join in.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #24: October 25, 2012, 05:40:39 AM »
Fronen?  Historically they'd want to attack Sint.  With modern affairs?  They might either side with Sint out of pragmatism or just stay out of the conflict entirely.  Then again, if they got on the good side of OG and Nothoi, they'd be less likely to get wiped out in the future.

Thalmarkin?  Again, historically wishes to want to wipe Sint out.  Supposedly one of the reasons they declared war on OG/sided with Fronen before, actually.  While some might want to expand into OG's lands, they stand more to gain by keeping OG a strong and friendly neighbor so long as Melhed is still somewhat iffy.  Which they seem to be, even with peace signed.

Nothoi?  Well, I know BK wanted to hit Sint.  They'd have some to gain through northward expansion and, again, stand to gain more with OG as a strong ally than Sint's theocracy as a strong ally.  Their biggest issue is that some of their number are followers of Sint's faith and that's something they'd need to...  Correct.

OG?  Well, while OG owes Sint for helping it against Fronen & Co, Sint owes OG because if they switched sides early on, Sint woulda been wiped out two invasions ago.  Then there's the fact that Sint claims lands that OG lost because of daimons driving them rogue (like Geth, a one time capital of OG).  There's been bad blood on and off towards Sint over the years.

Guess time will only tell what happens.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 25, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »
I would love to see an OG/Sint war. Too bad it would end up as a
4-1 war, most likely.

Die Sint, die!

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 25, 2012, 05:14:55 PM »

Nothoi?  Well, I know BK wanted to hit Sint.  They'd have some to gain through northward expansion and, again, stand to gain more with OG as a strong ally than Sint's theocracy as a strong ally.  Their biggest issue is that some of their number are followers of Sint's faith and that's something they'd need to...  Correct.

I think I am the only one in Nothoi following Hemaism, but still that doesn't stop me from thinking for myself.

And I know Sint is a trick ally to have, their loyalty walk side by side with convenience.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #27: October 25, 2012, 06:05:56 PM »
"Oh, hey.  Daimons invading.  HAIL DAIMONS! *allies with them until they're weak*"

>.>

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: October 25, 2012, 06:08:40 PM »
"Oh, hey.  Daimons invading.  HAIL DAIMONS! *allies with them until they're weak*"

>.>

"Oh, hey. You guys allied with the daimons, almost killed us and did kill our old friend Ashborn. HAIL SINT! *allies with them anyway*"

Like my OG impression? ;)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #29: October 25, 2012, 06:28:48 PM »
When it's a matter of survival?  It made sense.  After all, Thalmarkin and BK betrayed OG (because they wanted land, but we'll pretend their 'SINT BAD!' argument was valid, even though an alliance with Sint wouldn't have been necessary if they honored their alliances and their own histories and sided with OG against Fronen), not leaving much of an option otherwise.