Author Topic: Cheating Accusations  (Read 8653 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Cheating Accusations
« Reply #15: October 17, 2012, 11:36:35 PM »
Nobody admitted anything, he's just saying that to be "right."

T-Rex, please cease accusing Solari of lying outright until he has clarified what, exactly, he is saying. Just because you assume you know exactly what is being talked about does not mean you are right.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jim

« Reply #16: October 17, 2012, 11:38:24 PM »
T-Rex, please cease accusing Solari of lying outright until he has clarified what, exactly, he is saying. Just because you assume you know exactly what is being talked about does not mean you are right.
He already said it, Indirik deleted the post.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 17, 2012, 11:39:48 PM »
He already said it, Indirik deleted the post.

He did not mention names. Many Lurian exiles came to D'Hara over the last months, they didn't all come at once nor from the same place. Let him explain himself, then, we'll see.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 17, 2012, 11:40:43 PM »
Chénier: multiple letters from several people admitting their Ooc connection, some of them even trying to make it an IC letter about it. It was extremely strange to see. I still have issues believing some of the horrid interplay woven between forums, irc, and in game discourses. It's not just D'Haran refugees that were implicated though.

T-Rex: get off your high horse.

As the people are no longer truly Lurian, I don't see what bearing any of this has on the thread though.

Turning a thread into a bunch of Luria bashing, while fun, is not a constructive usage of time, and is frankly probably not going to do any good.

Jim

« Reply #19: October 17, 2012, 11:41:34 PM »
He did not mention names. Many Lurian exiles came to D'Hara over the last months, they didn't all come at once nor from the same place. Let him explain himself, then, we'll see.

Alright, I'll cool it, let's see what he has to say.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 17, 2012, 11:44:51 PM »
Chénier: multiple letters from several people admitting their Ooc connection, some of them even trying to make it an IC letter about it. It was extremely strange to see. I still have issues believing some of the horrid interplay woven between forums, irc, and in game discourses. It's not just D'Haran refugees that were implicated though.

OOC connections aren't against the rules...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Jim

« Reply #21: October 17, 2012, 11:45:57 PM »

T-Rex: get off your high horse.

As the people are no longer truly Lurian, I don't see what bearing any of this has on the thread though.

Turning a thread into a bunch of Luria bashing, while fun, is not a constructive usage of time, and is frankly probably not going to do any good.

I understand what you're saying, but it's Solari making accusations that led to this. Like I said, I'll cool it and hear out Solari.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 17, 2012, 11:47:16 PM »
Perhaps my wording is off, but unless I miss my mark, people unable to contact each other in game, scheming and contacting each other outside of the game in order to pursue their goals, is in fact against the rules.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 17, 2012, 11:49:37 PM »
Perhaps my wording is off, but unless I miss my mark, people unable to contact each other in game, scheming and contacting each other outside of the game in order to pursue their goals, is in fact against the rules.

Because nobody on IRC has ever done this, right?

When I was on the BM channel, years ago, that's pretty much all that was going on over there.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 18, 2012, 12:05:19 AM »
Because nobody on IRC has ever done this, right?

When I was on the BM channel, years ago, that's pretty much all that was going on over there.

I'm sure it has been done at length, and I can think of a few people infamous for abusing it IG. But I know for a fact that we don't play that way. The people in our channels can all communicate in game as well. I don't know how other realms work it out, but #solaria and #lurians for the most part are nothing but random ramblings and the occasional rant about IC problems. Whenever we do any real scheming, we do it in game through the usual channels of communication.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 18, 2012, 01:19:46 AM »
I don't know how other realms work it out, but #solaria and #lurians for the most part are nothing but random ramblings and the occasional rant about IC problems. Whenever we do any real scheming, we do it in game through the usual channels of communication.

Yeah not really. I see plenty of IC conflicts and discussions being resolved in those channels.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 18, 2012, 01:26:44 AM »
The difference is, we take our things in game and go through the proper channels. It's impossible for people who can't contact each other in game to do that.

Good example, me and D'Este. We are at each others throats half the time on irc, but we don't let it splash over to the game. We carry on completely seperate conversations depending on locale.

Luria isn't collaborating with outsiders through outside means, is what I'm getting at.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: October 18, 2012, 01:47:01 AM »
Luria isn't collaborating with outsiders through outside means, is what I'm getting at.

Luria still collaborates with Luria through IRC. I'd bet my life that quite a few civil conflicts have been prevented almost exclusively through OOC conversation. Not by you, mind, but I see a lot of OOC conflict resolution of things that really should be done IC.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: October 18, 2012, 01:48:32 AM »
Luria still collaborates with Luria through IRC. I'd bet my life that quite a few civil conflicts have been prevented almost exclusively through OOC conversation. Not by you, mind, but I see a lot of OOC conflict resolution of things that really should be done IC.

It may be inappropriate, but I wouldn't consider this to be cheating.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: October 18, 2012, 05:04:48 AM »

Sadly this is true. Too many misunderstandings which would have provided interesting IC conflict were solved by OoC mending differences and then calming down, through IRC.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).