Author Topic: Is it abuse to use character list to track down an adventurer  (Read 2336 times)

egamma

Say that I want to execute an adventurer who is a part of my realm. Is it an abuse to track him down using the "realm members" list?

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I wouldn't say so. I'd see it (and if I were to do it RP it) as your character asking the local guards and civil servants of the realm to keep an eye out for the person in question. Since he is a commoner, and thus without many rights, he's unlikely to know that he drew the ire of a noble until well after he's bludgeoned and dragged to his fate, unless your character made it very clear that he intended to do him harm beforehand, in which case the commoner should have done the smart thing and got as far away as his feet could carry him (preferably putting a realm or two between you). I seem to recall it said that any info given by the game is fair, and I see no problem with this use of it.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
The information is there, so it is available for your character. We hide information you are not supposed to know in those lists (e.g. infiltrators subclass does not show there).

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
This may be a good feature request.  Since adventurers are barely above the general population, it could be hard to track them down.  If a noble who is an infiltrator, who is much more famous then any adventurer will ever be, can hide, so should they be able to.

Again though, it would have to be a proper feature request.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Infiltrators can't hide. You always know where they are. You just can't tell they're infiltrators.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.