Author Topic: Reviving the South  (Read 20086 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Reviving the South
« Topic Start: April 04, 2011, 03:21:06 AM »
So while the slow war continues in the North, the south looks to be suffering. I've heard that several realms are starting to have nobles question the boredom they are experiencing. Anyone got some ideas on how the southern realms can revive interest?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Reviving the South
« Reply #1: April 04, 2011, 03:25:51 AM »
PoZ actually does something. I was ashamed to have achieved a double tournament victory while a knight of Batesaor when I heard that PoZ had pretty much no form of resistance to Arcaea's raid.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 04, 2011, 03:41:41 AM »
Thats not quite true. Having GA troops that were allied to Arcaea sit in regions to prevent battles was great resistance. Actually fielding an army that would stop Arcaea, well that might have been another option :)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 04, 2011, 06:14:34 AM »
There's a newly founded religion that has got some RP going on!  ;D
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 04, 2011, 06:40:55 AM »
I think it just needs some vigour.  I dunno, the war to the North should export some of the more militaristic nobles of Arcachon south.

Really though, there is no reason anyone can't start an intrigue or a feud.  I mean, you don't really need a reason or logic, people just need to get over this idea that losing is something terrible.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 04, 2011, 06:44:36 AM »
I think it just needs some vigour.  I dunno, the war to the North should export some of the more militaristic nobles of Arcachon south.

Really though, there is no reason anyone can't start an intrigue or a feud.  I mean, you don't really need a reason or logic, people just need to get over this idea that losing is something terrible.

(grins) And as soon as the nobles in Arcachon get over the idea that losing is terrible, we can get right on with that exporting.  All I ask is for someone to let Arcaea get enough sympathy in Enlod to colonize, then we can end this whole thing...
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 04, 2011, 06:50:23 AM »
From what I've heard people in the south have painted themselves into a corner. To start a war many of the rulers would basically need to do something that goes against their established characters. There also doesn't seem to be a big enough dissident group in any of the realms to stage a take over and shake things up. What we need is for someone to just go insane and get things started.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 04, 2011, 07:03:23 AM »
Temporarily, yes, the south can't fight.  I'd lay heavy odds that Thain will jump at a chance to do so if he thinks he won't get annihilated, though...And if we can get the north sorted, then sooner or later Jenred'll give him one.

And I'm pretty sure Thain knows it, too.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 04, 2011, 09:00:16 AM »
(grins) And as soon as the nobles in Arcachon get over the idea that losing is terrible, we can get right on with that exporting.  All I ask is for someone to let Arcaea get enough sympathy in Enlod to colonize, then we can end this whole thing...

Losing isn't terrible, but that doesn't mean they wont do their nut to prevent the worst from happening to their realm.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 04, 2011, 09:03:59 AM »
Losing isn't terrible, but that doesn't mean they wont do their nut to prevent the worst from happening to their realm.

Indeed, indeed, I'm mostly joking (I say mostly because I'm not looking forward to the long slog).  Not being able to colonize was annoying, though.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 04, 2011, 09:12:34 PM »
From what I've heard people in the south have painted themselves into a corner. To start a war many of the rulers would basically need to do something that goes against their established characters. There also doesn't seem to be a big enough dissident group in any of the realms to stage a take over and shake things up. What we need is for someone to just go insane and get things started.

As the only Solari on the continent, I have hereditary dibs!

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 05, 2011, 12:16:22 AM »
Well if the Duke of Batesaor wanted to revive the old pirate realm, I'm certain a popular, trusted and skilled ambassador from Ohnar West would make her way back down to her old home... ;)

Would also be an excuse to check on the temple she left in Paplarmi, which has now been abandoned so I guess it's more "check the ruins of the temple she left in Paplarmi.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #12: April 05, 2011, 12:23:11 AM »
And the former knight who got a double victory in last year's Ohnar West full tournament while knight of Batesaor would go down there to swash some buckles. He even has 0 honor now to make sense in the party!

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 05, 2011, 12:36:49 AM »
Well if the Duke of Batesaor wanted to revive the old pirate realm, I'm certain a popular, trusted and skilled ambassador from Ohnar West would make her way back down to her old home... ;)

Would also be an excuse to check on the temple she left in Paplarmi, which has now been abandoned so I guess it's more "check the ruins of the temple she left in Paplarmi.

Aren't Pirates on the list of things Tom really doesn't want to see in the game?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #14: April 05, 2011, 12:46:28 AM »
Madina...