Author Topic: Reviving the South  (Read 20084 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Reviving the South
« Reply #15: April 05, 2011, 12:57:20 AM »
All because they exist doesn't mean Tom necessarily wants them in the game, or would appreciate the concept spreading further. Just tells me it doesn't annoy him enough to do something about. The issue was always that Tom didn't consider pirate activities suitable for his vision of nobility in the time frame.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #16: April 05, 2011, 01:00:43 AM »
It goes almost hand-in-hand with the fact that no matter how many times it's stated that (rogue) should be the least desirable position for any character, be it noble or commoner, still there is no small number of players who appear to think it is "awesome" or something.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 05, 2011, 01:05:16 AM »
True, and the constant request that we be allowed to play in rogue bandit realms. Unless Tom wants to punish any infringement against his "vision", its up to the players to either support his position, or ignore them I guess.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 05, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »
Aren't Pirates on the list of things Tom really doesn't want to see in the game?

Tom never had a problem with Batesaor before.  To be honest, PoZ and Batesaor were two of the coolest concepts of the nascent FEI.  Arcaea was rather vanilla and boring.  Funny how things have played out. :D

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 13, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »
I'm not going to rule it out if we get really bored, but I've never really been happy with Batesaor being called the 'Pirate City,' simply because most people when they think of pirates tend to think of something non-medieval.  If I can get people thinking of the pirates of Batesaor in a different way, then . . . well, perhaps.  Maybe after the semester is over I'll have enough time for the RP on it.

Though there is the issue that the Duke of Batesaor is also probably the most loyal Zonasan after the Regent.  But we are getting kinda bored, so you never know. . . .

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 27, 2011, 07:50:47 PM »
I think this rebellion might revive things a bit... ;D
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 27, 2011, 11:31:48 PM »
Nah. The south was on the move before, now with the rebels probably less so. You can't tell me you aren't pleased by that ;p

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 27, 2011, 11:37:32 PM »
 ;D

It's possible I am...But I have a feeling the south is going to be much more lively in the long run without Ziode on the throne.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 27, 2011, 11:44:32 PM »
Not to give too much away, but, liveliness really doesn't seem to be what the rebels want. I'm kind of confused, actually. I've never seen a rebellion in favor of becoming *less* active.

Jenred and James, controlling the souls of our dukes. Curse you!

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 27, 2011, 11:58:11 PM »
Not to give too much away, but if you think people that Jenred influences are going to be staying at peace for any period of time, then you clearly do not know Jenred as well as you might think.   ;)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #25: April 28, 2011, 12:02:02 AM »
He's like Sosuke Aizen without the zanpakto or the hogyouku. /me should probably stop watching that anime now...

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 28, 2011, 12:32:52 AM »
It's more along the lines of too many people in Kindara being loyal to their old realms. We're made of a lot of realms, so if everyone has their way, we'll never fight anyone. Of course, some people have no intention of letting everyone have their way >.>

And yes, Artemesia, he's a bit like that. Except in BM no one is surprised when their strongest attacks fail and Jenred saunters out of the rubble unscathed  :p

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 28, 2011, 12:39:40 AM »
It's more along the lines of too many people in Kindara being loyal to their old realms. We're made of a lot of realms, so if everyone has their way, we'll never fight anyone. Of course, some people have no intention of letting everyone have their way >.>

Well, sometime soon Kindara will have to pick a side...Or effectively pick the winning side by not choosing.

And yes, Artemesia, he's a bit like that. Except in BM no one is surprised when their strongest attacks fail and Jenred saunters out of the rubble unscathed  :p

No idea who that is, and I don't think there's been a single conflict Jenred's emerged from unscathed...And besides, he's only been the big man on the island since Soliferum fell!

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #28: April 28, 2011, 12:53:30 AM »
Well, sometime soon Kindara will have to pick a side...Or effectively pick the winning side by not choosing.

No idea who that is, and I don't think there's been a single conflict Jenred's emerged from unscathed...And besides, he's only been the big man on the island since Soliferum fell!

That's because Jenred doesn't have the imba gear.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 29, 2011, 06:49:31 AM »
I'm fairly certain they had picked a side . . . then the rebellion happened, which as far as I know, puts things back to square one as far as diplomacy.