Author Topic: Unit cohesion  (Read 7965 times)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Re: Unit cohesion
« Reply #15: October 21, 2012, 09:32:32 AM »
"Your men seem to be getting along better. Unit cohesion rises."

Random message every once in a while, independent of training or battle or entertainment.

Edit: I remember it happening a lot more frequently with my hero, to the point where I could count on maxing out cohesion within a couple weeks.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 21, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
Hero subclass have more chance on getting unit cohesion to rise? It would be nice if some dev could say how does it work like what are the chances for unit cohesion rising randomly over time.
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 21, 2012, 04:23:25 PM »
It improves over time only if your men are resting after they were wounded, at least for me it was only when they were resting after injury.

What if you let them get wounded over equipment damage, then?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 21, 2012, 05:16:23 PM »
From what I have observed, any time your men's morale goes up, there's a chance for cohesion to go up, too.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 21, 2012, 09:56:28 PM »
What if you let them get wounded over equipment damage, then?

Hey, you should know this one ;D

This used to be a popular way to raise cohesion. However, it was recognized as an exploit, and now whenever your equipment damage is high, your men quarrel over the few remaining good pieces of equipment, which lowers cohesion, too.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 21, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »
Hey, you should know this one ;D

This used to be a popular way to raise cohesion. However, it was recognized as an exploit, and now whenever your equipment damage is high, your men quarrel over the few remaining good pieces of equipment, which lowers cohesion, too.

I never tried it myself, though I've had damage pretty high a few times. I vaguely recalled cohesion drops, but I thought that was because they weren't being paid for two weeks in a row. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 22, 2012, 07:13:55 AM »
I just wish there was an actual option that would increase unit cohesion.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 22, 2012, 08:11:18 AM »
I don't think any more options to increase cohesion are needed. I mean, you can train your troops, treat them to entertainment, and there are random cohesion increases you can get free. I don't see why another option to increase cohesion is needed. If you can afford to spend gold on making your troops better, you can afford to pay them more each week.

But, for your situation, I'd choose light training. It is fairly common to get an increase in cohesion without increasing training. Sure training % might go up a little, but that's not going to increase their weekly pay by much.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #23: October 22, 2012, 10:39:03 AM »
I just wish there was an actual option that would increase unit cohesion.

There is very intentionally no such option.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 22, 2012, 12:56:06 PM »
I got on multiple occasions 100% cohesion. And I never paid entertainment for these units.

I just fought battles.

Granted, it works better with archers than infantry.

egamma

« Reply #25: October 22, 2012, 02:49:40 PM »
simple training often improves cohesion.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 22, 2012, 03:04:28 PM »
simple training often improves cohesion.

The problem seems to be that he wants to improve cohesion without also improving training, because if he trains his men one iota more, he won't be able to pay them...I guess.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: October 22, 2012, 05:05:23 PM »
The problem seems to be that he wants to improve cohesion without also improving training, because if he trains his men one iota more, he won't be able to pay them...I guess.
simple=light I believe in eggama's post as light training rarely boosts training but does increase cohesion.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: October 22, 2012, 08:05:10 PM »

Yeah thats what i want because i am not able to pay them if i increase their training, light training increases their training % by 1 and cohesion by 1 % so its not worth it because they are curently at 32% cohesion. If i did that to improve their cohesion to 100%, their training would also rise too much and i wont be able to pay them. Their training is curently at 39%. Can unit cohesion increase randomly if their morale is at 100%?

egamma

« Reply #29: October 22, 2012, 09:16:35 PM »
Yeah thats what i want because i am not able to pay them if i increase their training, light training increases their training % by 1 and cohesion by 1 % so its not worth it because they are curently at 32% cohesion. If i did that to improve their cohesion to 100%, their training would also rise too much and i wont be able to pay them. Their training is curently at 39%. Can unit cohesion increase randomly if their morale is at 100%?

Just use them to loot gold and use that to pay them.