Author Topic: Unit cohesion  (Read 7966 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Unit cohesion
« Reply #30: October 22, 2012, 09:31:01 PM »
sack half of them, then train them.
firefox

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 22, 2012, 10:01:06 PM »

This has the added advantage that a smaller unit will have a higher CS/man.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: October 23, 2012, 12:22:17 AM »

If you are afraid of being unable to pay your men, then you just recruited too many. Sack half of them, then train them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: October 23, 2012, 08:20:39 AM »
Done, and confirmed: doubling training doubles weekly pay.

This is not true, or at least not universally. If my current cavalry unit has 20 training it costs 50 gold a week to pay. 40 training, 90 gold. With 80 training it's 150.

egamma

« Reply #34: October 23, 2012, 02:08:28 PM »
This is not true, or at least not universally. If my current cavalry unit has 20 training it costs 50 gold a week to pay. 40 training, 90 gold. With 80 training it's 150.

so it's a 3/4 slope, you did more tests than I did.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 23, 2012, 09:58:54 PM »
... pay formula was a straight forward multiplication thing. basically like what Bedwyr said.

unless it's been changed since i was last given it a few years back... what you said is just not possible.
firefox

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 24, 2012, 07:29:54 AM »
Well, that's what the military advisor is telling me. I can screenshot it if you like.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: October 24, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
Well, that's what the military advisor is telling me. I can screenshot it if you like.

Military advisor has a built-in fudge factor which, if I remember correctly, increases the farther away from your current unit stats (that may have been proposed by not implemented).

Granted, I'm attempting to remember a formula that The1exile showed me in 2006, so it may well be either outdated or wrong.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #38: October 24, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »
Military advisor has a built-in fudge factor which, if I remember correctly, increases the farther away from your current unit stats (that may have been proposed by not implemented).

It increases the larger the unit is.

Granted, I'm attempting to remember a formula that The1exile showed me in 2006, so it may well be either outdated or wrong.

Who's The1exile?  Also, I think Military Advisor was implemented by Tim in Jan. 2011.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: October 24, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »
i was given the same formula in chat (probably the1exile) well before military advisor existed. heck.. had it on a txt file somewhere. no idea where it is now though

i seriously doubt the formula has changed.

fudge factor or not.. when i tried it (once) this morning.. it gave me the expected result of... double training, double pay.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/User:The1exile
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:53:54 PM by fodder »
firefox