Poll

How do you feel about the CE-Tara Federation's influence on Atamara?

I'm in CE/Tara and I'm fine with the situation.
I'm in CE/Tara and I don't like it.
I'm in a CE/Tara allied realm and I'm fine with the situation.
I'm in a CE/Tara allied realm and I dislike the situation.
I'm in a non-federation realm and I'm fine with the situation.
I'm in a non-federation realm and I dislike the situation.
I'm not on Atamara and I'm fine with the situation.
I'm not on Atamara and I dislike the situation.

Author Topic: CE-Tara Federation  (Read 53998 times)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: CE-Tara Federation
« Reply #150: January 22, 2013, 08:14:37 PM »
Suville came up with the original plans to attack CE before Carelia I believe. The deal was that Suville would get Wayburg once Carelia had Skalk and Nida for an X amount of time if I recall correctly. Then sunddenly before any real gains were made they demanded Wayburg and CE supported them in that claim.

Biggest fault was to work with Suville in Carelia's case, but that's hindsight. If Suville had kept fighting we'd be talking differently now...
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: January 22, 2013, 08:41:19 PM »
Actually, Suville demanded Wayburg after Carelia got Skalk and gave away Ser'qea to Caergoth. The fault was at 1) Caergoth for demanding Ser'qea before all the terms of the agreement were fulfilled, 2) Carelia for quickly capitulating to Caergoth's demands, and 3) Suville for not being patient.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: January 22, 2013, 09:11:35 PM »
Actually, Suville demanded Wayburg after Carelia got Skalk and gave away Ser'qea to Caergoth. The fault was at 1) Caergoth for demanding Ser'qea before all the terms of the agreement were fulfilled, 2) Carelia for quickly capitulating to Caergoth's demands, and 3) Suville for not being patient.

This all makes me sad panda. But then again, Suville i guess were not so intrested to send anything to frontlines from the beginning.
~Violence is always an option!~

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: January 23, 2013, 05:56:07 AM »
This all makes me sad panda. But then again, Suville i guess were not so intrested to send anything to frontlines from the beginning.
I don't ever remember Suville putting a substantial amount to the front though I joined halfway through the war.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Radigand

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: January 23, 2013, 06:40:44 AM »
Suville's military forces right now are only second to CE. It kind of scares me a bit

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: January 23, 2013, 06:43:30 AM »
Suville's military forces right now are only second to CE. It kind of scares me a bit

Suville's long term plan, from the very beginning, was to see Abington reborn.  They've been very good at setting up the geographic conditions for that.  We'll see how well they've done setting up the political conditions.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Radigand

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: January 23, 2013, 06:50:39 AM »
We'll see how well they've done setting up the political conditions.

And what conditions would those be? They pissed off Carelia and Caergoth, and I don't think Tara looks fondly on them either.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: January 23, 2013, 07:05:51 AM »
And what conditions would those be? They pissed off Carelia and Caergoth, and I don't think Tara looks fondly on them either.

Impossible to say.  The number of moving pieces in politics at that scale would be difficult for me to judge if I'd been immersed in them for the last couple of years.  As all I know about it is what I've seen on the forums and what a few kind souls have answered for me privately, I can't tell.  Maybe they've made a deal with Tara to split Carelia and Caergoth between them and new colonies.  Maybe the bad blood between them and Caergoth could be set aside for the right price.  Maybe Suville is about to dissolve into a civil war.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: January 23, 2013, 07:19:27 AM »
Impossible to say.  The number of moving pieces in politics at that scale would be difficult for me to judge if I'd been immersed in them for the last couple of years.  As all I know about it is what I've seen on the forums and what a few kind souls have answered for me privately, I can't tell.  Maybe they've made a deal with Tara to split Carelia and Caergoth between them and new colonies.  Maybe the bad blood between them and Caergoth could be set aside for the right price.  Maybe Suville is about to dissolve into a civil war.
I highly doubt all of those but I am biased as a Carelian.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: January 23, 2013, 10:40:18 AM »
Situations is what it is but we have to remember that CE did need help from Darka and Eston at the start. without their support in the beginning of " Tara  and Carelia" this wouldn't been possible. If Ce,Darka,Eston,Tara,Carelia would have  couple of different Rulers we might have now a Strong Abington and Co instead.

As long as CE and Tara honours their agreements  I don't see any reasons why they should end their federation. Why they should? They can't rule over entire continent and we all have seen that every Empire will fall.

Realms might be reduced but the game is never lost. It will just get a bit more complicated.
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: January 23, 2013, 02:10:26 PM »
Situations is what it is but we have to remember that CE did need help from Darka and Eston at the start. without their support in the beginning of " Tara  and Carelia" this wouldn't been possible. If Ce,Darka,Eston,Tara,Carelia would have  couple of different Rulers we might have now a Strong Abington and Co instead.

As long as CE and Tara honours their agreements  I don't see any reasons why they should end their federation. Why they should? They can't rule over entire continent and we all have seen that every Empire will fall.

Realms might be reduced but the game is never lost. It will just get a bit more complicated.

Really? I strongly suspect it's about to get more boring.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: January 23, 2013, 02:43:11 PM »
Well, CE & realms which they are allied control now 122/197 regions at Atamara.

I disagree that things would become more complicated, i would say they will be less complicated and pretty bored.
But similar situation has happened to Atamara before, when Abington fell. Back then Darka and Eston were counted as allies of CE & Co.

But there was a long, very boring peace time. And now it is kind of even more limiting diplomatic movements. Cause there is always one who is allied with the "Empire" and nobody dares to resist them. If you are small empire friend, you can go to war and big boyz will back you up. If you attack one of the allies of the Empire, you are dead in few weeks after Empire mobilizes its armies. And because everybody is bored, they will jump on gangbangs simply to get some action. So everybody will be uber carefull with their doings.

This will be definately end of "War era" at Atamara for long time. But it is not ended yet. Still not a single word from Coalition about opening discussion with Darka. So there might be few decent battles ahead.. hopefully we wont collapse on first rampage :)
~Violence is always an option!~

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: January 23, 2013, 11:34:01 PM »
Well, CE & realms which they are allied control now 122/197 regions at Atamara.

Wow. Thanks for that stat, interesting.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)