Poll

How do you feel about the CE-Tara Federation's influence on Atamara?

I'm in CE/Tara and I'm fine with the situation.
I'm in CE/Tara and I don't like it.
I'm in a CE/Tara allied realm and I'm fine with the situation.
I'm in a CE/Tara allied realm and I dislike the situation.
I'm in a non-federation realm and I'm fine with the situation.
I'm in a non-federation realm and I dislike the situation.
I'm not on Atamara and I'm fine with the situation.
I'm not on Atamara and I dislike the situation.

Author Topic: CE-Tara Federation  (Read 53992 times)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: CE-Tara Federation
« Reply #120: October 27, 2012, 09:11:14 AM »
Eh, but if someone asks their opinion at forums about the situation, they dont have right to answer?

That argument can be used on anycase... "There are other realms to play if you dont like to recruit infantry!" ".... if you dont want to play courtier!" "... if you dont like that friendly split" etc.

Those cases are covered by Inalienable Rights. Sadly, "realms that I hate must be killed so that I can have fun" is not one of them. I would make liberal use of it if that was in the IR. ;)

It seems to me that CE is doing the other islands a service, by pushing players onto those islands despite their obviously inferior gameplay.  ;D
------
qui audet vincit

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: October 27, 2012, 07:45:09 PM »
There are other continents to play on. Having your way on any given continent isn't a right.

I don't mind. I enjoy other continents, but like jaune said, the question was asked.
I also didn't vote since the option I'd pick would be to merge two opposing answers. "I'm not on Atamara and I dislike the situation but I'm fine with it."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: October 28, 2012, 12:32:20 AM »
Indeed, like I said I play on Atamara, there is nothing WRONG with the CE-Tara alliance, but for obvious reasons I don't LIKE it!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Jimgerdes

• Noble Lord
  • There is no cow level
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #123: October 29, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »
I can't deny that the CE players deserve to be where they are, because they have achieved the closest possible thing to "Winning" the game, from a strategy standpoint.

However.  I HATE the idea.  If you're on the outs, it is incredibly hard to get anything done.  I'm not so upset about this latest conflict, because at least it was a fair fight, the NA lost that war because the CE alliance simply communicated better, and used their army better.  They outstrategized us.  That's totally fair

Bloc realms infuriate me when it becomes simply ganging up on one realm.  That's not fun for the attackers, because the war isn't fun it's just a roflstomp.  It's not fun for the defenders because their realm gets destroyed with no chance to defend themselves.

What's the point of playing the game if it's not fun?  Seriously why try to fight CE.  If anyone tries to fight them they will literally go to war with half the continent.  You better hope the rest of the realms join you or your realm is destroyed.  How is that fun at all?  For anyone?

It's really frustrating as a player.  And really boring.  I'd like to find some way to break up bloc realms, but there's only so much a small realm like mine can do.  Maybe I'm just jaded, but I'm definitely not having much fun on Atamara anymore.  Thank god Raoul shook things up for Ithilia.  Or It'd be more of the same for us like it has been for years.
No man is an island, unto himself.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: October 31, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »
That's been part of my Atamara experience certainly, though some realms appear from the outside to potentially be more interesting internally than others. If I start playing again at some point, I may consider creating a character in CE to see what it's like, and to see if their Republican system allows for better opportunities for shaking things up than I have encountered elsewhere. I also enjoyed my brief stint in Coria before life intervened and took me away from the game for a while.

There's a lot of autocracies on AT, and those that I have been in have generally proven to operate on a small council system where comparatively few characters are given the opportunity to participate in strategy and policy-making. This centralization of power in a handful of individuals in many realms makes overturning the status quo even more difficult. I have been on both the inside (Hammarsett) and the outside (Darka, BoM, Norland, Suville) of such power structures.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: October 31, 2012, 10:20:55 PM »
There's a lot of autocracies on AT, and those that I have been in have generally proven to operate on a small council system where comparatively few characters are given the opportunity to participate in strategy and policy-making. This centralization of power in a handful of individuals in many realms makes overturning the status quo even more difficult. I have been on both the inside (Hammarsett) and the outside (Darka, BoM, Norland, Suville) of such power structures.
Thats exactly why I like Carelia, because its not that way despite being a monarchy. We have 15 people in the "Queen's Court" and 7 in the war council. It's not that difficult to get in the queen's court, which enables you to hear about and voice your opinion's on what is going on. War council is a bit harded to get into for obvious reasons but overall it isn't that hard to get to one of the councils, which allows you to partake in strategy and policy-making.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: November 01, 2012, 12:36:59 AM »
Thats exactly why I like Carelia, because its not that way despite being a monarchy. We have 15 people in the "Queen's Court" and 7 in the war council. It's not that difficult to get in the queen's court, which enables you to hear about and voice your opinion's on what is going on.

Un hu!

Specially when i'm the only one talking..... Surely will bring a Whip to the next court session!

You guys are mean.... monologues are not fun!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: November 01, 2012, 01:23:56 AM »
Most realms that have councils are fairly open with who they let in. That's the one thing I liked about Fontan. Each family was allowed to have one member in the Council. Anyone who asked got added.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: November 01, 2012, 02:50:51 AM »
Un hu!

Specially when i'm the only one talking..... Surely will bring a Whip to the next court session!

You guys are mean.... monologues are not fun!
You do a fine monologue and a lot of the recent stuff I have already seen plus I don't always have time to write a letter to comment on stuff though I might throw in some comments pretty quickly so it's not a monologue. Also, just because there isn't much participation in the council doesn't mean they can't talk, it's just that most don't.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

de Aquitane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: November 01, 2012, 04:13:54 AM »
You do a fine monologue and a lot of the recent stuff I have already seen plus I don't always have time to write a letter to comment on stuff though I might throw in some comments pretty quickly so it's not a monologue. Also, just because there isn't much participation in the council doesn't mean they can't talk, it's just that most don't.

As long as all the nicely dressed Queen's court bureaucrats remember that in war time it is the General who has the final word. Well, except for the Queen. The oh so old queen who would do very ill to challenge the heroes of Carelia fighting for her domain.

Edit: to stay on topic. I do dislike the CE/Tara federation, for it has reached a critical strength where all further politics on Atamara will revolve around who has CE or Tara or company's support. The gang staying out from other wars is unrealistic simply for it'd be boring to their own nobles, and so we are looking at a couple gangbangs in the future. However, though I dislike the situation, I don't think OOC methods should be used to change it. Those who do not want to RP a world where a central empire runs things can move to a different continent. If we really were SO out of options all players on Atamara could remove their chars, and create new ones in the Empire, eventually creating a demand for internal conflict. They won't, because playing the underdog is so so much fun.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:18:24 AM by de Aquitane »

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: November 08, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »
I do play in the CE-Tara federation and I have no problems with things.

People seem to think that war is the only way to fight a realm??? What would be more interesting for outsiders is to try and get spies within the block (just please don't pick OOC methods like having a friend start a account in CE or something) or try to stir trouble within the federation. If you only look at the Suville situation there is already disagreements between/within CE and Tara. Those are things you can and should use to fight the block as well.

Situations like this are always delicate, true. But it is the fun thing for the CE-Tara side to stay strong and fun for the other side to try and ruin the oh so mighty federation. (Be honest, if you'd succeed, wouldn't you brag about it a year later still???)

New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

johnjacob

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: November 15, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »
Personally I believe it was Carelia's decision to turn on Abbington (and Redspan), back when Tara was down to about 4 regions around Foda, that cemented CE's dominance.  From there the three of them (with Talerium protecting the entire North West for years and the Mountains protected the North Central) had the numbers to slowly but surely eliminate Redspan, break up Abbington, destroy Falasan, ASI, to dominate the South.  Then they just had to establish the bumper state of Coria (pushing back errrrr MI or Eston can't recall) to protect the NorthEast.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: January 21, 2013, 10:44:57 AM »
I wonder if this poll would be done now, would it has same results? Few realms have disappeared from the map after that and few has born.

Balance has turn way more on CE side. Basicly there is only Darka and BoM left against CE/Tara/Suville/Strombran/Caergoth/Coria (Not sure about Realston, Minas Leon, Carelia and not even sure about Eston... and Talerium is a bit question mark too, i guess they wont attack Darka, but no clue if BoM will be on their attack list).

I just wonder what kind of numbers would show now that about 80% of island is under CE coalition.
~Violence is always an option!~

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: January 21, 2013, 04:05:57 PM »
A few things:

1] Why would you guess they will not attack Darka?
2] The biggest threat to CE's dominance is most likely Tara
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: January 21, 2013, 04:50:12 PM »
A few things:

1] Why would you guess they will not attack Darka?
2] The biggest threat to CE's dominance is most likely Tara

The day that Tara directly attacks CE is the day I eat my hat. Sure, they might have some disagreements about the situation in the southeast, but both realms are far too savvy to let something like that get out of hand. At worst, they'd fight each other in someone else's territory while maintaining neutral relations, and to be honest I have a hard time seeing them do even that much. They both have too much to lose to risk attacking each other directly, especially Tara, and Ottar is possibly the most conservative ruler on the entire island. When was the last time you saw Tara do something that broke the mold? So long as Ottar is in charge, Tara will never threaten CE's dominance.