Author Topic: supply carts  (Read 1557 times)

Kaltenthal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
supply carts
« Topic Start: October 23, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »
As i have thought a little on supply that the troops do use now, i came to the conclusion that there should be supply tracks that can be sent to any location from a realms capital. this option of course should spawn a supply caravan that does "physically" move on the map and can be attacked at any time and travels rather slow! This would bring a new strategic layer into the game.
Of course this must pay for the realm that initiates the caravan. I.E.: covering the supplies for a big army for two weeks before the next caravan has to arrive.
Also the movement of a supply caravan should be calculated so that an army, that has to retreat from a region in which their supplies are in, really are forced to let their supplies go.
This would make guerilla tactics much more applicable.

A realm then has the option to either send their supplies unprotected, making their main army stronger OR protecting their supply routes with Nobles as caravan guards! This would be most welcome.

Their should also be a option to intercept caravans on the sea!

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: supply carts
« Reply #1: October 23, 2012, 11:25:17 AM »
Love the idea, but it will not happen in any realistic timeframe. It is simply really, really hard to do this right, and the TODO list of the dev team is already huge.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: supply carts
« Reply #2: October 23, 2012, 01:07:44 PM »
Indirik and I have sketched out some ways to handle this, but as Tom says, it's not something that's going to happen any time soon.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan