Author Topic: Meanwhile, in Solaria...  (Read 27872 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile, in Solaria...
« Reply #30: October 24, 2012, 12:14:17 AM »
Malus was ruler before, while still a priest. I don't know where the idea that priests can't be rulers came from, but that is rather silly.

Theocracies ring a bell?

Years ago, before the elections by the referendum mechanics, priests couldn't be elected in government positions. A restriction that always outraged me.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 24, 2012, 12:18:54 AM »
Must have been some time ago. I can't recall a time in my tenure where priests have been unable to rule. Then again, I'm not fond of the priest game, so I don't pay very close attention to it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: October 24, 2012, 12:55:11 AM »
Must have been some time ago. I can't recall a time in my tenure where priests have been unable to rule. Then again, I'm not fond of the priest game, so I don't pay very close attention to it.

Less than four years ago, more than two years ago would be the vague timeframe I'd set, for I'm pretty sure the new election mechanics came after the creation of Dwilight.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: October 24, 2012, 01:21:48 AM »
Less than four years ago, more than two years ago would be the vague timeframe I'd set, for I'm pretty sure the new election mechanics came after the creation of Dwilight.

Nope. It was actually about a year before Dwilight opened that referenda were first implemented.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 24, 2012, 02:05:29 AM »
Nope. It was actually about a year before Dwilight opened that referenda were first implemented.

Really?

How long did Dwilight take to be published, after being announced? Because I specifically remember making plans for Dwilight with this restriction in mind.

Oh wait a moment... Dwilight had this special election mechanic way before everyone else did, didn't it?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 24, 2012, 02:14:48 AM »
Really?

How long did Dwilight take to be published, after being announced? Because I specifically remember making plans for Dwilight with this restriction in mind.

Not sure. I'd have to dig through my D-list archive, which I'm far too tired to do right now ;)

It opened in early 2008, though, if you have a D-list archive to look through for comparison.

Oh wait a moment... Dwilight had this special election mechanic way before everyone else did, didn't it?

I don't think so (I think all of testing got it at the same time) but I wouldn't swear to it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 24, 2012, 07:07:04 PM »
Well, Solaria is dead.

Sevastian is done with Dwilight.

Time to listen to the voice of reason (Bedwyr).

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: October 24, 2012, 08:30:56 PM »
How does that happen? I didnt think last duchies could secede.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: October 24, 2012, 09:08:20 PM »
Bug exploit?

Delete Luria!

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: October 24, 2012, 09:11:12 PM »
How does that happen? I didnt think last duchies could secede.

Secession and changing allegiances are two different things, but it's already being discussed in the case topic about the same thing.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: October 24, 2012, 10:41:14 PM »
We really should move this discussion over to the Lurias thread.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: October 24, 2012, 11:21:44 PM »
You can secede now! Free capital!

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: October 25, 2012, 03:02:31 PM »
You can secede now! Free capital!

Would actually be cool to have a realm based in balance retreat, its a nice central location yet its lands unwanted by all neighbours as they can't hold it.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: October 25, 2012, 03:09:38 PM »
Would actually be cool to have a realm based in balance retreat, its a nice central location yet its lands unwanted by all neighbours as they can't hold it.

A lot of people have had this idea, and I just have to say that purely by the numbers it's a terrible idea. Travel times, no gold, no food. I applaud people for trying. The RP value is certainly there, but RP won't usually protect you from starvation, invasion, or monster outbreaks.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: October 25, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
A lot of people have had this idea, and I just have to say that purely by the numbers it's a terrible idea. Travel times, no gold, no food. I applaud people for trying. The RP value is certainly there, but RP won't usually protect you from starvation, invasion, or monster outbreaks.

D'hara is still there.
It is possible, perhaps most players feel unactracted by the idea of having to import food all the time.
I don't think it will be any hjarder then running D'hara.

PS, how much is alley of swords producing in food?
Tranquil produces almost 500 and flying hngrs(or something) about the same.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog