Author Topic: How easy would amphibious assaults be?  (Read 7743 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: How easy would amphibious assaults be?
« Reply #15: October 30, 2012, 10:44:04 PM »
Essentially yes.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 30, 2012, 10:56:13 PM »
Coast Guard  :o

Noooooooooo! Next you're going to tell me we'll incorporate a marine corp too. What happened to BM being about the only branch that matters, the army! :p
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 31, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »
Actually sea travel could be very useful for ally realms. You could easily receive reinforcements from your distant allies without them having to march through enemy lands to reach you.
Also you would have to hire a lot of militia in every region coastal region you have. If the enemy lands anywhere you're in trouble.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:02:17 PM by mikm »

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 31, 2012, 11:44:30 PM »
Which is why landing has to be challenging enough that even a force of 2k cs could hold a coast during an assault.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: November 01, 2012, 01:09:22 AM »
*facepalm*

Not scouts. Not the regular ones. A way to scout coastal sea zones.
Is it some sort of a lighthouse if it is a building that can be build on coastal region?

If it is a lighthouse, should we not be expanding more building slots that can be build?

This sea feature seems so exciting, I am looking forward to it 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: November 01, 2012, 01:20:00 AM »
Medium to large cities already have lots of building slots. Smaller ciities, townslands, and others may start running short. Which, really, is the point of having limited slots. If every region had enough slots to build everything, then what would be the point of having slots?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: November 01, 2012, 03:26:34 AM »
Medium to large cities already have lots of building slots. Smaller ciities, townslands, and others may start running short. Which, really, is the point of having limited slots. If every region had enough slots to build everything, then what would be the point of having slots?

Having a building that by not having your basically writing "For sale" on the side of your city reduces the number of slots, by one in all cities, in the entire game, for the rest of time.

I really can't see any way to justify not having a lighthouse at every region that can make one.

This sea feature seems so exciting, I am looking forward to it 8)

I just realised whom would have made awesome use of this feature. Damned Aurvandil burning them to the ground...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:34:37 AM by DamnTaffer »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: November 01, 2012, 03:34:02 AM »
If you want one, then build one. But then maybe you can't have 4 RCs, 5 warehouses, a tournament grounds, two banners, 2 workshops, a healers, 2 academies, and a smithy. So sell a workshop and a warehouse, and build harbor and shipyard. Really, does that sound so restrictive? And that's a city with only 31K pop. Not all regions need that much. Rurals only need maybe 2 rcs and one granary, can't have healers, workshops, smithies, academy, tournaments, etc.

I don't see any reason to worry about slots until someone comes in with some *real* examples of running out of space in real regions.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: November 01, 2012, 03:37:10 AM »
If you want one, then build one. But then maybe you can't have 4 RCs, 5 warehouses, a tournament grounds, two banners, 2 workshops, a healers, 2 academies, and a smithy. So sell a workshop and a warehouse, and build harbor and shipyard. Really, does that sound so restrictive? And that's a city with only 31K pop. Not all regions need that much. Rurals only need maybe 2 rcs and one granary, can't have healers, workshops, smithies, academy, tournaments, etc.

I don't see any reason to worry about slots until someone comes in with some *real* examples of running out of space in real regions.

I agree, however, thought should still be put into implimenting buildings which basically have to be built in a slot system...

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: November 01, 2012, 03:26:46 PM »

RC don't count towards the building limit. avengmil currently has 11/12 buildings... but then again.. it has 2 granary/warehouse and 1 of everything else that's possible, no navy/harbour, 3 banners

---
ps... you are not scouting into the sea.. you are sending ships out to patrol, i assume automatically like if banners are produced on a particular day... so if you have enough navy, they might pop out on a particular day and see if anything is there.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:28:34 PM by fodder »
firefox