Author Topic: More war!  (Read 15190 times)

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: More war!
« Topic Start: October 24, 2012, 03:03:42 AM »
Yeah, this war was pretty short on big battles. Arcaea and Kindara had a good one early on and had the war continued we'd likely have seen a large siege of Azros, Masahakon, or Zonasa.

If Kindara and Zonasa had waited a little while to declare war and built up armies right on the border, they probably could've overwhelmed Anacan early, before we had a chance to fortify it. I don't know if that would've made a lasting difference or not, but it sure would've felt good (for them).

I don't think that Masahakon could have been successfully assaulted without some major blunder on our part. We couldn't go on the offense quickly because of how the army was split between Azros and Hatdhes, which might have been a mistake on my part. Azros, however, was a prime target a few times. I'm really surprised that it wasn't attacked.

I was fairly confident that we could starve you. I didn't really think that we could take Anacan because the Kindaran army was 50% archers, and by the time that it wasn't the city was fortified. Plus we didn't have siege works in Azros, and I wanted to retake Osaliel before it starved to population 0. I don't think the outcome would have been different even if Anacan had been sacked, unless it prompted surrender, which I'd think unlikely .

Our biggest problem was that we couldn't group up with the Zonasans in any reasonable amount of time because of travel time through Edairn/Razrpot/Haul.  We were also tied down trying to defend Azros.  We couldn't really make any progress because we couldn't strike back at Arcaea, and even if the Arcaeans didn't deal much damage after their first trip south, they still dealt some.