Author Topic: More war!  (Read 15153 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: More war!
« Reply #15: November 11, 2012, 09:18:45 PM »
I pointed out (IG) the improbability of a PoZ/Sorraine war. Someone would have to march through either Arcaea or Cathay.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 11, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »
Time to get some Portal Stones and get a Portal between Sorraine and PoZ. They only have to deal with some Daimons left and right, but that's worth it, right?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #17: November 12, 2012, 12:00:08 AM »
I would say Ohnar West and Sorraine. Tensions are tight.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: November 12, 2012, 01:12:17 AM »
I would say Ohnar West and Sorraine. Tensions are tight.

I thought we were speaking about wars, not temporary skirmishes ;D
D'Espana Family

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #19: November 12, 2012, 01:35:04 AM »
I thought we were speaking about wars, not temporary skirmishes ;D

I don't know what you're talking about...

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: November 12, 2012, 02:44:32 AM »
Sea zones would liven up FEI quite a lot. Right now the realms in the middle of the continent control passage. With sea zones, suddenly the 'corner' realms (e.g. Kindara) are not impregnable from the South (nor Ohnar), Zonasa could attack the Dark Isle or perhaps even Sorraine with enough of an investment. Sea zones are just what FEI needs!

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: November 12, 2012, 02:53:36 AM »
I don't know what you're talking about...

Just implied that we Ohnarians can do little against Sorraine, especially if they take it seriously.

Sea zones would liven up FEI quite a lot. Right now the realms in the middle of the continent control passage. With sea zones, suddenly the 'corner' realms (e.g. Kindara) are not impregnable from the South (nor Ohnar), Zonasa could attack the Dark Isle or perhaps even Sorraine with enough of an investment. Sea zones are just what FEI needs!

That was what I thought.
D'Espana Family

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: November 12, 2012, 03:21:55 AM »
I'm not so sure PoZ could make it all the way around to Sorraine without an intermediate landing zone for supplies. That would depend on the size of the sea zones. Regardless, how would they get back? They couldn't resupply in Sorraine lands. They'd have to go somewhere to buy supplies, which would require the complicity of another realm, drawing them into the war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: November 12, 2012, 03:26:09 AM »
They'd have to go somewhere to buy supplies, which would require the complicity of another realm, drawing them into the war.

Since that's likely to happen anyway, its not impossible to conceive. Though with the right realms on their side, using the sea to travel isnt necessary unless they're trying to be super sneaky anyway.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #24: November 12, 2012, 04:11:25 AM »
Since that's likely to happen anyway, its not impossible to conceive. Though with the right realms on their side, using the sea to travel isnt necessary unless they're trying to be super sneaky anyway.

If they were trying to be super sneaky about it, they wouldn't have kept the fething war status...

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: November 12, 2012, 05:56:33 AM »
If they were trying to be super sneaky about it, they wouldn't have kept the fething war status...

Well, there's that. But imagine the surprise when a fleet of Zonasan vessels shows up in the harbor filled with troops! I guess in all technicality, that'd be something never before seen in the Far East by any noble, so its bound to surprise someone the first time it happens.

"What do you mean they're coming by sea? That's impossible and stupid!"

"But, but, but...they're in the harbor, my lord!"

"I said impossible AND stupid!"

Then comes the surprise arrow volley and the influx of troops. See, all very surprising.  ;)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #26: November 12, 2012, 10:42:53 AM »
I'm just going to wait until someone gets the reference I made in my sentence...

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: November 12, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »
I'm just going to wait until someone gets the reference I made in my sentence...

Sure as sure I was going to make a reference to a particular company of soldiers without a home to go back to, but didn't want to assume that's what you were going for. I still might be wrong.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: November 12, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »
"M'lud" said Dodd, "we've built a warship!"

Galiard frowned. "A which what?"

"A ship," said Dodd, "for soldiers!"

Galiard laughed. "You can't put a PERSON in a ship." Then he added, "unless it's a fisherman, but they're demons."

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #29: November 12, 2012, 04:01:07 PM »
Sure as sure I was going to make a reference to a particular company of soldiers without a home to go back to, but didn't want to assume that's what you were going for. I still might be wrong.

Congrats. You got it.