Author Topic: Are Realm Mergers Allowed?  (Read 12664 times)

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Are Realm Mergers Allowed?
« Reply #15: October 28, 2012, 12:20:12 AM »
If a dutchy leaves a realm to create a new realm and then fails, can it rejoin the mother-realm?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #16: October 28, 2012, 02:11:29 AM »
If a dutchy leaves a realm to create a new realm and then fails, can it rejoin the mother-realm?

You can not fail in creating a realm. You click a button and its done, from then on you are an independent realm and terms like "mother-realm" don't have a game-mechanics meaning anymore.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 29, 2012, 12:45:37 PM »

thats called kaap de goede hoop or indonesia, the word is duchy, not dutchy.
and no indonesia can't rejoin us any more! puh! they had there chance!
A dutchy is either a citizen of the netherlands or a doobie, a J, a spliff or a reefer.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 29, 2012, 04:58:46 PM »
You can not fail in creating a realm. You click a button and its done, from then on you are an independent realm and terms like "mother-realm" don't have a game-mechanics meaning anymore.
i think what he meant is... what if they fail to create a viable realm out of their secession. obviously the realm is still there. how to rejoin the old realm without all abandoning the new one and letting the capital go rogue/TO'ed/whatever.
firefox

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 29, 2012, 04:59:32 PM »
i think what he meant is... what if they fail to create a viable realm out of their secession. obviously the realm is still there. how to rejoin the old realm without all abandoning the new one and letting the capital go rogue/TO'ed/whatever.

Um...actually, I think you've just described exactly how to rejoin the old realm.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: November 12, 2012, 07:43:47 AM »
Duchy Changes Allegiance   (2 hours, 19 minutes ago)
message to Everyone on Dwilight
the Maddening Star has changed its allegiance with all its regions to the realm of Astrum. The duchy used to belong to Kabrinskia.

Kabrinskia just merged with Astrum.
------
qui audet vincit

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: November 12, 2012, 07:48:12 AM »
Duchy Changes Allegiance   (2 hours, 19 minutes ago)
message to Everyone on Dwilight
the Maddening Star has changed its allegiance with all its regions to the realm of Astrum. The duchy used to belong to Kabrinskia.

Kabrinskia just merged with Astrum.

I am NOT ok with that.

vvv I know, just whining in general. Makes me feel better because I'm exactly that kind of person. XD
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:12:10 PM by Marlboro »
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #22: November 12, 2012, 08:20:14 AM »
I am NOT ok with that.

Use the in-game options to complain. Forum complaints will NOT lead to any actions.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: November 12, 2012, 08:38:27 AM »
fundamentally though ... is it allowed or not?
firefox

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: November 12, 2012, 09:55:09 AM »
fundamentally though ... is it allowed or not?

No, it isn't.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #25: November 12, 2012, 10:50:20 AM »
I would first like to say that I am on the fence with this one. First off, the player of Allison is a very experienced player who I've never seen use any kind of exploit. So I for one think this was probably a mistake on their part. That being said, they really should have paid attention to the Magistrates case regarding the realm merger bug.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: November 12, 2012, 10:56:11 AM »
Why should we expect that? Should we expect even people who don't use the forums to be aware of Magistrate cases? If this bug isn't going to be fixed quickly, then a message needs to be put into the in-game secession page stating that there is a bug and this action is not allowed under certain circumstances.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #27: November 12, 2012, 11:08:11 AM »
Why should we expect that? Should we expect even people who don't use the forums to be aware of Magistrate cases? If this bug isn't going to be fixed quickly, then a message needs to be put into the in-game secession page stating that there is a bug and this action is not allowed under certain circumstances.

I will accede to the point you have made, that is true and should be fixed.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: November 12, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »
you mean this has never been mentioned on irc?
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: November 12, 2012, 12:48:28 PM »
Why has the bug not been fixed? When Solaria did it, it should have been clear that this undesireable behavior was possible.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron