Author Topic: Crown of Conquest  (Read 29330 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Crown of Conquest
« Reply #15: October 26, 2012, 09:01:45 PM »
Is there a way to add a new character to your party by creating one? Or can you only "recruit" (buy) existing characters as additions?

Also, what's up with the iron and wood and clay in shops? Can you buy them and sell them at other shops for a profit, or are they just for constructing buildings?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 09:36:52 PM by Daycryn »
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 26, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »
well.. i bought a 2nd priest. now party of 6.

there's a lvl 1 dungeon. the one where i'm supposed to find 7 seals. what does "searching" (that eye icon) do in dungeons? haven't found squat and i think i've been wasting turns with it. what range does it have? how do you tell what option to pick when unlocking/bashing doors? i sort of do it random.. if 1 fail, i try another
firefox

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 27, 2012, 01:36:29 AM »
well.. i bought a 2nd priest. now party of 6.

there's a lvl 1 dungeon. the one where i'm supposed to find 7 seals. what does "searching" (that eye icon) do in dungeons? haven't found squat and i think i've been wasting turns with it. what range does it have? how do you tell what option to pick when unlocking/bashing doors? i sort of do it random.. if 1 fail, i try another

searching is for hidden doors, don't expect them in dungeons.  For locked doors, try to charge them first then spend the 15 turns.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 27, 2012, 08:18:07 AM »
so... what happen when you are in combat.. and then the game site decides it wants to lag out?
--
i guess it wasn't off for too long and i managed to continue the battle where i left off.

---
full plate.. is that the same thing as full plate mail? just found 1 in a new town i came across.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:58:14 PM by fodder »
firefox

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 27, 2012, 06:09:12 PM »
Is there a way to add a new character to your party by creating one? Or can you only "recruit" (buy) existing characters as additions?

Also, what's up with the iron and wood and clay in shops? Can you buy them and sell them at other shops for a profit, or are they just for constructing buildings?

you can train a new character in the same menu you recruit, but its expensive and doesn't give you a benefit over recruiting a level 1 character.

the clay/wood/iron/stone are used to build towers and to upgrade the economy of towns when you become mayor.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 27, 2012, 06:11:12 PM »
so... what happen when you are in combat.. and then the game site decides it wants to lag out?
--
i guess it wasn't off for too long and i managed to continue the battle where i left off.

---
full plate.. is that the same thing as full plate mail? just found 1 in a new town i came across.

if you were off long enough it should do the battle for you.  i always try to log out in a dungeon to get attacked over night, free gold and xp that way, just make sure your party can handle it.

full plate should be the same as full plate mail.  check the defense factor stats to make sure

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 27, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
def 18. is that the one? haven't see anything else that says plate.
what are towers?
when you say free.... does that mean no turns were used?
firefox

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 28, 2012, 02:50:54 AM »
Is there any way to transfer items from one character in the party to another character in the party? I've found ammunition in the sewers, but it was picked up by a warrior.

Also, the town I started in has no blacksmith. Does that mean that the equipment will just erode away and I'll have to buy new equipment? I'm assuming that a new party won't be strong enough to survive in the wilderness to go and find another town.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 28, 2012, 03:07:06 AM »
Right-click on an item in the equipment screen and there's a drop down menu with options to either drop the item or give it to another character.

And I think you can easily make it to another town. So far the only times I've gotten attacked in the wilderness was when the attackers could be handled by my party. And in all cases there's always an option to flee combat. But equipment doesn't degrade all that quickly so I don't think you need to worry too much about finding a blacksmith yet.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 28, 2012, 07:38:03 PM »
btw.. when you say dungeon... literally dungeons outside and not the sewer?
firefox

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 29, 2012, 03:59:08 AM »
So fodder, Daycryn, and Foxglove, have you enjoyed the game?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 29, 2012, 05:36:00 AM »
not bad. though... sounds like agi is a bit overpowered.
firefox

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: October 29, 2012, 07:30:20 AM »
Yeah, I'm enjoying it so far. It certainly deserves to have more players than it seems to have just now. The developer appears to have put a lot of thought into it. There seems to be a decent about of different things to do, and I'll be interested to see how the different layers of gameplay (taking towns; building garrisons; forming kingdoms; etc) come into play as my party gets stronger.

The only issue I'm having with it at the moment is needing to go back to a healer in a town every time my characters take major damage. But I think that'll improve once my priest gets more healing spells. Recruiting a second priest would be a good idea too when I can find one.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: October 29, 2012, 09:09:57 AM »
i got a 2nd priest... whilst it helps.. eh.. you will still run out quickly. i saw a healing potion in a shop though... the priests have 1 portal and then all healing after

i find myself low on funds (because i'm blowing it all on buying plates) to be going 2 archers that are shooting.. heck, i have both of them melee atm at least in the sewer.. so might go 3 warriors 2 arc instead of the other way around. not exactly sure about the fletching business. (or for that matter the metallurgy)

for  that matter... not sure about the halberd business... seeing as i've stuck shield bash in already...

7 members atm
firefox

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: October 29, 2012, 04:35:49 PM »
up to 8 char atm.... how exactly do i inscribe scrolls? i have a bunch of blank scrolls and some unused spells atm. lvl 5 priests.
firefox