Author Topic: Crown of Conquest  (Read 29261 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Crown of Conquest
« Reply #30: October 29, 2012, 06:30:39 PM »
I like it so far. Haven't even gotten into the politics/building/economy/mayor side of the game yet, but its fun enough to roam around killing things.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 30, 2012, 03:31:33 PM »
===
def 18. is that the one? haven't see anything else that says plate.
what are towers?
when you say free.... does that mean no turns were used?

Yes, if you don't log off inside a town, monsters can attack you when you're offline, so I usually log off in a dungeon
===

Also, the town I started in has no blacksmith. Does that mean that the equipment will just erode away and I'll have to buy new equipment? I'm assuming that a new party won't be strong enough to survive in the wilderness to go and find another town.

No, but your weapon may become unusable.  Just go to another town and repair there.

===
btw.. when you say dungeon... literally dungeons outside and not the sewer?

Yes, they range from level 1 to 4.  At the top click Landmarks then switch to Dungeons tab.  If you don't see
any, go to the Sage inside a town and ask him.  Some town quests will have you retrieve an item from a dungeon
and give you the coords

===
The only issue I'm having with it at the moment is needing to go back to a healer in a town every time my characters take major damage. But I think that'll improve once my priest gets more healing spells. Recruiting a second priest would be a good idea too when I can find one.

Upgrading your armor also helps this.  It is expensive but will get to the point where things can't really hit you until you go into a level 4 dungeon.

Don't worry about wasted skills points as you'll make new characters later on and your current characters will become garrisons.  I only put skills into berserker rage, war cry, and eagle eye.
For my mages, since they will become mayors I do Leadership, Charisma, Strategy, Tactics
For my priests I first max out Recall as it gives you about a 25% chance not to use a cast up.

===
up to 8 char atm.... how exactly do i inscribe scrolls? i have a bunch of blank scrolls and some unused spells atm. lvl 5 priests.
When you are not in combat you'll see a little hand icon beside your priest, that's use an item.
If you don't see it then you're not high enough level yet. 

===

Town Quests are also a good way to make money.  Early on I bought every gem I could find in every town I came across because find X gem is a very common quest.  Also, kill X creatures around town is a good one and builds your prestige which gives you a chance of getting good discounts.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: October 30, 2012, 05:28:10 PM »
don't suppose there's any way to increases the durability? the smiths are knocking chunks off my plates...

i guess i'll just to have find more towns.
firefox

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: October 31, 2012, 01:13:25 AM »
don't suppose there's any way to increases the durability? the smiths are knocking chunks off my plates...

i guess i'll just to have find more towns.

You have to find magical items that are indestructible, though very rare for armor.
Don't worry about the durability of plate mail, I've left characters in the open world for a month and their plate never came close to wearing out.  Just don't upgrade weapons that are not indestructible.

If you click on Kingdom at the top and then the Message Board (I think thats what it's called), some people will post when they find a god-like smith since they are so rare.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 31, 2012, 07:32:14 PM »
There's a LOT of lag going on, especially in the dungeons. Yikes.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: November 01, 2012, 08:47:00 AM »
heh.. saw an indestructible leather armor.. skipped. bought an indestructible flail... thought about double handed axe but skipped it

does garrison become towns eventually? ie.. do towns get founded by players or it's fixed location/game generated only?

things going ok atm.. everyone meleeing, including archers (flipped to bows whilst offline)
firefox

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: November 01, 2012, 08:39:29 PM »
heh.. saw an indestructible leather armor.. skipped. bought an indestructible flail... thought about double handed axe but skipped it

does garrison become towns eventually? ie.. do towns get founded by players or it's fixed location/game generated only?

things going ok atm.. everyone meleeing, including archers (flipped to bows whilst offline)

one handed weapons are ok, but since you can't upgrade your shield, you just get more bang for your buck with 2handers.

no, garrisons stay garrisons.  all towns are game generated. 

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: November 02, 2012, 03:40:50 AM »
so.. how do you make the game found new towns?
firefox

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: November 02, 2012, 01:26:57 PM »
so.. how do you make the game found new towns?

You don't.

In the forums we're talking about expanding the world map and limiting the number of mayors per character (some people have 40+ mayors).  There is a lot of free towns at the moment, bottom right of the map, and I kill a few mayors daily to free up some more (bottom left).

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: November 03, 2012, 08:55:33 AM »
is garrison building related to highest lvl? (i mean... turning the garrison of open ground into actual buildings..)
---
meh.. downside of garrison... need to play fetch to repair..
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:41:19 AM by fodder »
firefox

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: November 04, 2012, 06:52:34 PM »
the town of Gianthound (19, 95) has a god-like blacksmith. Very nice for upgrading.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: November 04, 2012, 07:37:46 PM »
hmm... not too far from where i am...

but... i've blown all my money on the garrison of 4 (spare armor/wep/ammo), new recruits. XD

from now on.. if i see a indestructible wep, i'll probably buy it
firefox

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: November 05, 2012, 06:08:51 PM »
the town of Gianthound (19, 95) has a god-like blacksmith. Very nice for upgrading.

at most he will only last a few days before he quits, so use him while you can.  Focus on defense upgrades first - mobs can't hurt you if they can't hit you

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: November 09, 2012, 03:54:28 PM »
If you guys still play and don't have any towns yet, switch your allegiance to Tuonela (under kingdom).  I think a war is brewing

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: November 09, 2012, 07:51:40 PM »
i'm.... eh.. around that red kingdom.. and have a garrison of 8 there too.... might need to shift that lot down south before i get whacked by the big bad red guy. (if i flip allegiance to anything but neutral)

.. the god like is still there..

----
hmm.. finally managed to stick a castle on top of the garrison.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 09:29:56 AM by fodder »
firefox