Author Topic: Evading Battle  (Read 1718 times)

Hroppa

• Knight
    • View Profile
Evading Battle
« Topic Start: December 05, 2012, 06:47:48 PM »
No Battle in Anacan   (25 minutes ago)
Battle preparations were made in Anacan, but no battle took place because the following units successfully evaded combat: The Men of the Banner

Does this mean that someone's unit was set to murderous? So there WOULD have been battle for certain if my unit hadn't evaded combat?

I'm in Cathay's capital with an Arcaean; we're allied, so murderous is the only setting that would cause battle, correct?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Evading Battle
« Reply #1: December 05, 2012, 06:49:55 PM »
No, it means someone's unit was set to evasive. It doesn't matter if there would be a battle or not; if anyone in the region successfully evades, that message shows up.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Hroppa

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 05, 2012, 06:58:13 PM »
OK, thanks, that's good to know.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 06, 2012, 12:34:24 AM »
No, it means someone's unit was set to evasive. It doesn't matter if there would be a battle or not; if anyone in the region successfully evades, that message shows up.

That message really is annoying and misleading.

Perhaps the game should make a check to see if there would have been a battle to begin with before giving that message to everyone?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 06, 2012, 01:44:26 AM »
That message really is annoying and misleading.

Perhaps the game should make a check to see if there would have been a battle to begin with before giving that message to everyone?

That kind of change to the structure of the combat script will almost certainly not be looked at until the rest of the Doctrine Transition is completed.

(ie, when we Doctrinify the combat script)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan