Author Topic: Tales Of Makar - Based on Real Gameplay  (Read 5510 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: Tales Of Makar - Based on Real Gameplay
« Topic Start: October 29, 2012, 05:54:21 PM »
CHAPTER 2 - Prison

Shiverwood

Is a rainy day on Shiverwood Danya slowly walk by the road, unarmed nobody knows what could happen in the forest, and woodland regions are always a nest of monsters and unexpected perils. Passing by in opposite direction were troops from the The Makarian Horde. They all seem to be wounded and demoralized. Danya had to leave the road so the soldier can pass, she stop and watched by the side how the large caravan of defeated warrior returned home from the south.

Danya: what happened?

She asked to the soldier who were passing by, most of them ignored her until one of them replied.

Soldier: shhhhh silence we can’t speak much, if one of these Nobles heard you he will send you to jail or worse, torture you.

The soldier stops and leaves his line looking to the sides of the road, checking for higher ranking officers.

Soldier: look, we were defeated on Leohampton, one of the armies from the South is supporting the rebel Duke, and by the time we assaulted the city only our troops marched in.
Danya: that sounds terrible, so you are heading now to Icegate to get more recruit?
Soldier: perhaps, but I will leave this unit, maybe I become militia, well I have to go, the captain will see that I broke the line.

The soldier runs back to where he was and continues his march north to Icegate, after a while the road was free and Danya continue her travels to Brackhead. It was a quiet walk from afar she sees a guard making her signals to approach; once Danya gets close another person approaches he seems to be a Town Crier, he clear his throat and takes out a parchment and reads.

Town Crier: By the name of the Duke of Brackhead every commoner have to pay 7 silver coins to enter the region, those who try to enter without paying the tax will be jailed and if resist the arrest they will be killed immediately.

Danya put his hand on her pocket and remember that she left all the treasures to Nova, and then she approaches the Town Crier and tries to show him the book she has.

Danya: excuse me, I have no coins but I have this book that I am going to se…
Town Crier: If you have no money then leaves my sight before something bad happens to you!

The Town Crier push Danya hard making her lose balance and fall to the floor, she drops the book and tried to crab it, but one of the guards kick it. She slowly stands up, cleans the dust and slowly walks to where the book is. Then she walks back north to Shiverwood, but this time she enters the forest.

Danya: hmm I have no weapon to hunt monster for reward, I have to gather things and sell.

She starts the search for common items, the first hour Danya doesn’t find anything, and then moves to another place, the next hour she tries to gather seeds but a group of militia comes and disturbs her. She moves to another place and doesn’t find anything, in the next spot she find a Battered Armor, her eyes shine since is close to her goal. The next hour she moves to the riverside, but once again she is bothered by militia who started to bathe there. Later she tries to gather but was too tired to do something, then she sleep on her bedroll.

The next day she proceeds to sell the Battered Armor, so she goes to the appraiser who is located in the northwest side of Shiverwood, carrying the armor on her back she talks to the Appraiser.

Danya: hey appraiser, how much for this armor?

The appraiser takes the armor and after a while checking he replies.

Appraiser: all I can give you is five silvers for it.
Danya: Five silver coins for armor?
Appraiser: the armor is battered it will take a lot more to be repaired.
Danya: can you help me I need seven silver coins to pay the tool booth.
Appraiser: I can't do much for the armor but for that book I can get you a good deal…
Danya: I’m sorry I can’t do that, this book belong to a Noble, let’s do something better, I need a weapon, give me a weapon for the five coins, then I can hunt monster bounty.

The appraiser stops to think for a while, then open a chest and looks inside, then he takes a rusty short sword, and give it to her.

Appraiser: is not something great, but at least will increase your combat gear.
Danya: thanks!

Danya leaves swinging her new weapon to get used to the new weight, she starts to investigate the bounty of the region, and asking around she finds out that there is no bounty for monster hunt, and there is a 6 gold bounty for undead hunt. She decides to the return to the cave where she was before, in the way there she stops in the Inn where Nova was resting but she finds out that he just left. She doesn’t waste time and head to the cave.

Once inside she uses the strategy to go in low risk, knowing that she is alone she decides to hunt he upper levels. Right close to the entrance she finds the first group of undead, as easy and they come as easy as they are gone, Danya is amazed by the new short sword, even if is rusty it makes a good work with these opponents. She fight the seconds group of undead and leave the cave, then she finds another cave and repeat the process of hunting only up to the second group to preserve energy and her life.

Once done she manage to get a reward of 9 silvers coins for the day, she stops in the Inn and pay 1 silver coin for food and the primitive room she shared with some local peasants. In the morning she had back to the southwest road in route to Brackhead, there she meets once again with the tool booth guards, without hesitating she gives the seven silver coins to the collectors and look again for the Town Crier who was just fifteen meters away from her, he smiles upon seeing her, she grim her eyes and says in a menacing voice.

Danya: Soon…

She continues to walk by the road the guards look each other wondering what was she trying to say, the Town Crier stop smiling, but couldn't do anything besides watching her go through the region border. She then pressure her steep, is time to reach the city.

Brackhead

She arrives to Brackhead, the city bordering the realms of Eston and Minas Ithil. Uppon entering the city gates she looks around to find the closest tavern to look for information, she gets to the east side of the town she sees a group of people she approaches and ask.

Danya: where can I find a nobleman called Maduin?

Suddenly everyone makes silence, and they begin to murmur.

Woman: poor child, so young and doing that kind of jobs…
Old man: isn't she supposed to be in the brothel what is doing outside..
Man: how much is she charging for services, she doesn't look bad, just a bath and she…
Danya: STOP! I’m not that kind of girl! My only purpose is just business!
Woman: ohh my! She is still at it.
Old man: is a waste of life young one.
Man: well once you are done working with the nobles maybe I can..
Danya: NO NO NO NO!

She takes out the book from her bag and shows it to everyone.

Danya: I am supposed to sell this book to him, I am an Adventurer!
Everyone: ahhhhhhhhHHHHHHHH!
Woman: I see…. I got surprised for a while; there is no way that commoners can speak directly to Nobles.
Old man: the only interaction Nobles have with commoner like us, especially young ones like you are on dancehall and brothels.
Man: dam it, I thought I was gonna get a cheap one today….i leave!
Old man: the tavern is over there, sometimes the nobles who aren’t famous mix with the locals over there, you can ask someone to give you directions.
Danya: thank you everyone!

Embarrassed she goes to the Tavern, as soon she enters she notices various familiar voices and approach there, in the table there were various fellow Adventurers including Nova, she pull a chair and sits.

Danya: hey guys how are you today? Some adventure to tell?
Nova: hey girl! How are you doing? I have been telling the gang about our trip to the cave there on Shiverwood.
Danya: good! I manage to find buyer for the book, and I’m supposed to meet someone to buy it, have you heard of Maduin?
Adventurer: isn’t he the lord of Yule?
Nova: Yeahh I think I saw his squire around here, look that man over there.

Nova point to a man on decent armor he was sitting in a table on the second level of the tavern, on the ladder up there were two guards, when Danya approach they stops her.

Guard: sorry you can’t go up there, the army has it reserved.
Danya: can I talk to that man, he is waiting for me.
Guard: hold a minute.

One of the guards go up the ladder he approach to the tables where the captains and troop leaders are and talk to him, the squire look and stands up approach to the ladder and from up the second floor he speaks.

Squire: so you have come for the reward?
Danya: yes sir, I have here the “Tempus' Book of the Blessed”.
Squire: how much you want for it.
Danya: 10 gold coins will be ok; I just want to get rid of it!

The Squire sends a guard with 10 gold coins to get the book, upon receiving the coins she gives the book to the guard, who takes it to the Squire up in the second floor, after open it and look it, he gives the approval. The other adventurers quietly look from afar, and once the transaction is done Danya claims.

Danya: a round of ale for everyone on the first floor on me!

Everyone on the tavern, the ones on first floor of course, cheers to Danya and start to drink. The area where the Adventurers were had better treat of food and a lot more of beer and mixed drinks. After a while of tales and drinks everyone was kind of drunk, specially Danya who isn’t too great drinker, then she stands up and starts to hit the table with the jar.

Danya: Stupid Toll Booths!
Adventurer: what did you have to pay to come here?
Danya: yes it was HORRENDOUS! I was pushed and mistreated.
Nova: yes this cant happened!
Danya: we pay weekly taxes; pay for food, pay tool booths and on top of that they need to hit us?
Adventurer: dam right girl you say it!
Danya: We adventurers are people as well and we have our rights!
Nova: well said!
Danya: Let's Revolt!
Nova: wait what?
Danya: No more taxes, * hiccups* no more taxes, no more taxes...wait a minute...actually.. hiccups...i got a idea!

She climbs on top of the table and get the attention of everyone.

Drunkard: what will you do dance for us?
Barman: if you break something you have to pay for it.
Danya: Shhhhhhh! Listen!
Danya: Ok, let’s change this Tyranny once and for all

She said this while kicking a jar that was on the table, the jar was still filled with beer and lands on a fellow Adventurer on the laps.

Danya: We can't live like this anymore, we pay daily taxes and also we have to be taxed to travel, what do you think?
Nova: Well..i think we should not d…..
Danya: EXACTLY! We should not allow this anymore!
Nova: But I was about to say tha….
Danya: No need to explain me, I know what we need to do, follow me.

She jumps down the table and lose balance and falls she stands up rejecting the help from others, she waves her hands signaling everyone to follow. The others adventurers shrug and follow her outside, once outside she look around and then she sees a Priest in a podium preaching a mass of people.

Adventurer: Nova we must stop her, he is drunk.
Nova: wait this could be funny.
Adventurer: yeahh until someone get hurts!

Danya approaches the multitude from behind and open his way to the form of the crow, and then where the priest is standing.

Priest: Remember our belief, we shall follow them. We adhere to sacrificing the bodies of the heretic’s horses and to feast on their….
Danya: Move Priest!
She climbs to the podium pushing the Priest aside, the crowd look perplexed while the others adventurers just cover their faces with the palm of their hands.

Danya: People of Brackhead the time we have spent under this oppression have to end; we can’t continue paying taxes like that, why pay to travel when we pay daily taxes this have to end once and for all.

Everyone on the crowd look each other, still wondering what is going on, the followers of the priest gets angry and proceed to kick her out, then Nova and the other adventurer get in the way.

Nova: please let her talk, she will be over soon..

Nova laughs and the other adventurer persuade the followers to stand back, then the Priest replies.

Priest: What is the meaning of this; you can't just simply step on my Podium and preach to the people this is a priest’s job.
Danya: Shut up baldie this is not preaching this is a call of protest!
Priest: I'm not bald, is just a Tonsure, you disrespectful brat!
Danya: Whatever, this is not the time to preach Viking stuff; we need to act for our rights!
Voice: Stop Right There Criminal Scum!

A loud voice is heard from back of the crowd; the other adventurers notice a group of armed men approaching. The adventurers went back down and hide between the crowds of people, then everyone stop laughing.

Danya: who is interrupting me?
Guard: You've violated the law, what you have to say in your defense.
Danya: Law? This is not about law is about citizen’s rights, the rights we have.
Guard: what nonsenses are you talking about, why are you creating chaos? The only rights you have is pay taxes.
Danya: see? For people like you is that everything is a chaos
Guard: chaos? you are the one bothering a Priest of The Hörgr of Makar!
Danya: Listen, I am not bothering, I just talking to the crowd, right people?

She looks to the crow and they start to disperse, they don’t want to have trouble with the guards, in less than 10 seconds Danya is alone with the guards.

Danya: Heyy where are you going, I have not finished talking about the movement!

She tries to go after the people when suddenly the guards surround her.

Guard: You have violated the Law, pay the court a fine or serve your sentence.
Danya: Fine? You are not listening what is this about, the fines and taxes are the reason I started this, I am just am just simple Adventurer!
Guard: Ohh! really? I used to be an Adventurer like you, but then I took a…
Priest: Look what you have done.....

Exclaim the priest raising his hand to the heaven.

Priest: For the love of Valhalla you have ruined my job, I lost these hours of work, all my listeners are gone, finish with this and leave.
Guard: Well? You got anything to say on your defense?

Suddenly a group of military men arrives, is a well-armed group, a nobleman mounted on a fine horse was leading the unit, he signals the captain of the unit to steps forward.

Captain: in the name of Sudbury O'claude Ve, Knight of Brackhead, what is happening here?
Guard: this imprudent adventurer was bothering a priest
Danya: Why the priest can talk to the people and i can't
Captain: The The Hörgr of Makar pay taxes.
Danya: Really?
Priest: yes! and i an a Nobleman and you are an commoner!
Guard: Now pay the fine!
Danya: Errrrr…I have no money..
Guard: So you are going to jail and you there are also on this?
Captain: Stand down guard! This matter can’t be solved by a fine

The guards fall back and the troops take over the situation, they look to the others adventurers who were nearby.

Troop: sir, what we will do with these?
Captain: I believe you aren't involved on this, right?
Nova: Well err. No we don’t know her, right guys.

The other Adventurers agree. Then the troops take Danya to prison while she claims lousy.

Danya: I have my rights, I have my rights!!!
Captain: you will have to prove that in court.

The captain looks to Sudbury O'claude Ve, who gives him the signal to take Danya away to the city court. The other adventurer return to the tavern concerned of what could happens to Danya, is well knows that nobles doesn't treat adventurer well, she either could be jailed or beaten up just for fun.

What happened next, is uncertain, we can hope she can get out prison unharmed.