Author Topic: Tales Of Makar - Based on Real Gameplay  (Read 5531 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: Tales Of Makar - Based on Real Gameplay
« Topic Start: February 13, 2013, 12:52:30 AM »
CHAPTER 4 - Quest For Identity
Part 1

Lower Tell

Back in the Badlands Danya sits in a rock and start to think how to get these recommendations, she then goes to the local bounty board to ask for advice. Outside there were other adventurers who were talking exactly about the recommendation.

Adventurer a: As I was telling ya, bugs bugs came from the papers and then my recommendation was gone.
Adventurer b: Really?
Adventurer a: Yeaaa like some kind of sorcery.
Adventurer b: Is the first time I heard about bugs in the recommendation, must be a joke from the Nobles.

Danya approaches the board manager and ask.

Danya: They are talking about lost recommendations?
Board Manager: Yes that one lost it probably by some strange plague, but there are other ways to lose them.
Danya: How so?
Board Manager: If the noble who give you the recommendation dies or leave the continent, you lose that recommendation, since he is not alive to vouch for you.
Danya: How I get them?
Board Manager: Do favors to the Nobility or sell them valuable things you find.
Danya: Ok thanks.

Danya recalls that she never got any recommendation for the book she sold on Brackhead. She turns back and head south to get help from her friends.

Lamia

Glad to leave the snow behind, Danya arrives to Lamia. Without hesitating she starts to hunt down creatures to gather silver for the food and tool booth, they are easy to find and see because in these lands with barely any trees, the places to hide are minimal.

Danya: Hah take this! Hahaaaa! I can’t believe I have to abandon this great life of adventure and freedom, but my destiny waits.

After a couple of days hunting and exchanging bounty she manages to raise her equipment to a 32% for combat and 28% for adventures, making her job progress quicker. In one of her travels to the bounty board she talks with the locals, some rumors from beggars and gossips she eavesdrops in the streets.

She hears that there was a suspicious cloaked figure in the region, often militia asked for information about him, others claimed to see them entering into houses. She continues to walk south not caring much for the local problems, but was angry because couldn't look for items with that many militia.

After a while she sees a group of farmers gathering around a house, this one was also surrounded by soldiers who were about to enter. Danya gets closer to see the events, at the same time that the troops take down the door and enter the house. Black smoke come out everywhere and the troops quickly leave the house.

Trooper: Madman! This guy is a Madman! He turned the house on fire, is he planning to burn himself to no be caught.

After a while there is smoke everywhere, the people around start to disperse when suddenly a cloaked man collides with her and at the same time Danya feels a hit in her buttock.

Mysterious Cloaked Man: Sorry..
Danya: Hey you don’t have to touch my…

Danya checks her backpack and notice that his bag of coins is missing; she realizes what happened and decided to follow the mysterious cloaked man. A militiaman who saw her hurry asked.

Trooper: Is something wrong?
Danya: Nothing I can’t take care of with my blade.

The man noticed to be followed and decided to walk faster and even faster until he starts to run into Shiverwood’s Forest.

Shiverwood

The chase was on, the cloaked figure was agile and fast, but Danya was familiar with this place since she was living here for years.

Danya: You can run, but you can´t hide from me, this forest is my home.
Mysterious Cloaked Man: Hahahaha scary, scary!

The strange man suddenly stops and turns around removing his hood smiling, Danya notices the familiar face, but was too hasty drawing the blade and couldn’t stop, luckily he was agile to dodge the attack in the last moment.

Danya: It is you Robin? What the hell?
Robin: Easy easy there girl.. Dammit you cut me in the check, your skills have improved, and with a longer blade you would have cut my head in two.
Danya: You deserve it for stealing something mine.
Robin: I only wanted to get your attention; I touched so you can notice me.
Danya: Yea and you touched well…I suppose
Robin: Relax I am unnoticeable when I pickpocket.

Robin takes out Danya’s coin purse and gives it to her. She checks and notice a coin is missing but before she said anything he takes a piece of bread from his back and gives it as well.

Danya: Err…thanks…but are you charging me for this bread?
Robin: Heyy I am a thief not a charity institution, and is recently made.
Danya: Not by you I guess..... Did you have it from the burning house?
Robin: Hey how you know?
Danya: Sounds like something you will do..
Robin: Didn’t want to get caught again.

They start to walk again south as before, Danya was eating the bread while walking, Robin removed the hood totally and put it inside his backpack, he use it mostly to hide his identity.

Danya: How you scape the prison?
Robin: Well I paid the ransom.
Danya: So you had money?
Robin: Yes I stole it from the Prison Inspector the same day he thrown me in, he didn’t noticed I paid him with his own gold, wish to see his face. What about you?
Danya: The executor gave me a pardon.
Robin: Ohh I see, where are you going I am kind of bored.
Danya: I am going to Brackhead
Robin: Ok I will tag along

During their travel to Brackhead they stop many times to fight monsters and undead, all these times Danya had to fight alone while Robin just watched from the top of a tree or a rock.

Danya: Can’t you just give me a hand?
Robin: I am not a fighter, I am Robin! I Steal to the rich and give to the poor..
Danya: What poor if you sell me everything you give me.
Robin: Well.. I haven’t become rich myself yet….

Danya sighs while sheathing her short blade, and looking to the sky that barely can be seen through the deep forest exclaims.

Danya: Soon you will, you are taking part of my loot and not doing anything.
Robin: Well it was you who told me to not pickpocket that lady we saw earlier, in fact you told me no to steal while we travel together. So my coins will come from you.

After a while they reach Brackhead’s Tool booth, Danya give the coins to Robin.

Danya: Go and pay the tool, I don’t want to see that Town Crier and the collectors.
Robin: Sure.

Brackhead

They arrive to Brackhead, the city is lively as always nothing much has changed in the past month. Upon entering they stop to resume what they will do. Robin put his hood back on.

Robin: So what now?
Danya: We have to find my friend Nova; he will probably be in the tavern
Robin: Fine, but remember I am a famous thief, don’t say my name.
Danya: Ok I will call you Hoodie

They start to move westward to find the tavern, many weapons are being sold here, the War is still ongoing and many soldier stops here to refit. They get to the tavern and enter. Upon entering everyone look at Danya and an uncomfortable silence begins, this last for almost 30 seconds until Danya exclaims.

Danya: OK, OK GO AHEAD!

The silence is broken by a grand round of laughs from everywhere, they time they spent laughing was greater than the silence.

Guy 1: Hahahaha look I am Danya and I have my rights!
Guy 2: Hahahahahaha go to hell priest”
Danya: Very funny guys, is enough already..

From the back of the tavern nova stands up and make the signal to Danya to approach to him. She grabs Robin by the arm and move to the back. Once there Danya signal others two adventurers to move away for private talk.

Nova: You are ratter suspicious today, who is your friend?
Danya: His name is Hoodie; we were together in the prison wagon.
Robin: Nice to meet you I heard a lot about you.
Nova: Nice to meet you Hoodie, hey girl you look stronger, have you been training.
Danya: Well I am not here to exchange equipment statistic, I have something to tell you.
Nova: Go ahead!

Danya explains all the conversation she had with the Rebel agent and what she was intended to do. Robin was with his mouth and eyes widely open amazed by the things Danya said. Nova stands up move silently to the barman ask him for a cup of ale, he get the biggest one he could get and drink it all without stop, and then he turns around, go back and sits. After taking a deep breath he recovers.

Nova: You have any idea of what you are trying to do? You will be executed if you are found out!
Danya: There are dangers everywhere, I could have been executed the other day but I am alive, I think I can be the change.
Nova: And you knew about this?

Nova looks Robin who still with mouth open moved his head in negative way.

Nova: You have to get tree recommendation to become noble, you got one from the book we got right?
Danya: Errr…nope!
Nova: We have to go and get it, I heard that Lord Maduin is the Baron of yule, we have to go there.
Danya: Ok let’s go.

Nova stands up and waves Danya to follow; Robin is still surprised and doesn’t even move a finger, at the door Danya whistles and call for him.

Danya: HEY HOODIE, COME ON!

Robin stands up and goes out as well. Outside they move to the outskirt of the city just outside the tool booth.

Danya: So what’s the plan?
Nova: We have to start walking, but I have a bad feeling about this.
Robin: This is wonderful!

Nova and Danya looks each other surprise of Robin’s recovery of the situation.

Robin: Once you are a Noblewoman my life will be solved!
Robin: As a Noble you will need vassals and since you get gold from the state you can give us gold. All you have to do is sit around and pretend while we get our pocket full, I wouldn’t need to steal again to poor, we will be Vikings we will loot regions!.
Nova: Steal?
Danya: Don’t mind him he is still shocked, let’s go
Robin: Now I am sure stick to you guys.

They head out northeast to Yule passing by Shiverwood once again and making a short stop on Jerkel before continuing.

Yule

They arrive to Yule, another of the snowy regions of the Barony, they read a sign that says “Beware with the Yetis” they continue their way until they find several fishermen.

Nova: Excuse me, where is the Lord state?
Fisherman: Why should I tell a commoner like you about our Lord residence?
Nova: We have a grace to ask from him.

The fisherman spits on the floor and responds.

Fisherman: Aim not telling you, you don’t look like a Viking to me, you should leave this place is not suited for you.
Danya: Let’s leave him alone and continue; lord states are big and easy to find.
Fisherman: Fine with me, but heed my word, the Lord is a War Hero and we are on war time it will be difficult for you to find him.

They continue walking in the cold weather until they find Dark Stone Walls that extend in a large area, they walk by the wall to find the entrance when they spot a guard accompanied by a goat that was lying down.

Guard: HALT!
Nova: Greetings I come to see the lord.
Guard: No one sees the lord without any invitation, do you have any.
Nova: No but..
Guard: Then move back from you were come from, unless you want me to throw you down the cliff.
Danya: But we nee…

The goat stands up in a menacing way; it seems that it will attack on the slightness provocation. They proceed to turn back.

Nova: Dammit we have to forget about this recommendation.
Danya: What can we do?
Nova: Well hunt monsters maybe they carry any items or….
Robin: I can get it.
Nova: Give repair services to the nobles for re…..what did you said?
Robin: Is piece of cake, enter in that mansion and take the papers, I can get it.
Danya: Are you certain.
Robin: Sure, I have been there before.
Nova: Who really are you?
Robin: Well since we are together on this we shall tell you, right?

Robin looks at Danya who agrees.

Danya: His real name is Robin, he is a thief.
Robin: I would prefer Treasure Hunter honey.
Nova: hmm I have heard, so you are that famous Thief that….
Robin: Yesss that Steal to the Rich and Give to the poor!
Nova: No I heard you get caught a lot; in fact you are the worse thief ever!
Robin: They just get me when I want….I swear…
Nova: But you are famous on something, you are a great escapist.
Danya: So a bad thief, who is goo on running and hiding, seems like a magician to me.
Nova: Well great Treasure Hunter Do your thing, remember we need a sealed manuscript
Robin: Paper and seal, got it!
Danya: Good luck Robin Hoodie!

They move away from the state, Robin takes out his cloak and puts it on, then he run to the back of the black wall and start to climb with amazing speed.

Nova: He got a nice speed, let’s retreat and wait for him to come back.

Maduin State

Is a very Cold Dark night the sky is clear so the moon shines at it maximum. Softened by the snow Robin falls to the inner yard of the state, he clings to the wall and taking advantage of the dark stone he moves to the mansion. A guard leaving the mansion begin to make his patrol route, Robin stops and Hugh the wall and doesn’t move until the guard pass, once gone he gets to the door, put his hand on his backpack and take some oil he uses so the hinges doesn’t make sound, he open the door and continue to the residence.

Robin: The easy part is done, is hard to breathe on this cold air, need to finish this job quickly.

He lies down on the floor and starts moving slowly like a lizard, in the ladder he notices two guards who are standing up there, he goes back down and think in another way, he moves to the left, looks trough the keyhole and see another empty room, inside he slowly opens a window and looks around then get outside and climbs to the second floor. There he looks through the window and see the guards, he moves to the side of the window and keep climbing to raise a level above it.

Robin: Now I have to check room by room where the Lord study is.

He moves clockwise around the borders of the roof stopping and looking down on every window he encounters after a while he finds the study and climbs down slowly, really slowly because the window face the cliff and a misstep is a travel to the sea 198 meters below. He tries to open the study’s window but won’t budge.

Robin: Dammit is really cold here and the fall would be my end, my only choice is to enter the room by the side and make my way for it. I hate these Pull Ups Windows!

He moves to the nearest room and enters, after some warming up exercise he slowly walks to the door and look through its keyhole. He sees a guard standing in front of him close to the railing. He notices that he must be one of the guards he saw before.

Robin: My only choice is to walk slowly behind their backs, the other guard is to the right I have to go there, and I am already this far, no turning back.

He puts more oil on this door than others and slowly and very cautious he opens the door, luckily the door doesn’t make any sound, and he gets out. He looks to the left and there is a door at the end of the upper balcony, he grabs the wall behind him and moves slowly to the right both of the guards are on the rail looking to the front, leaving the door where he came from open he moves to the next one. Without changing his position he uses the oil with his right hand on the door and turns the knob open the door and gets in.

Robin: Lucky! It wasn’t locked; now let’s see where the paper is.

He with the same care shut the door from inside, it was easier from this position. He then proceeds to check the desk and cabinets. When suddenly he listens to the sound of a door closing outside, he finds out some papers then slowly gets close to the door. From the left of the balcony a woman of cleaning speaks to the guard.

Maid: How come this door is open, are you trying to make my job harder.
Guard a: Never would I never do that on purpose, you treat us to delicious dinner.
Guard b: Yes no one passed through here must have been left open from earlier.
Maid: Fine guys I will continue with the study now, the dinner will be ready in a while; your share will be in the usual place.
Guard b: Thanks very much

The maid moves to the study and Robin drops the paper and tries to hide, the curtains aren’t that big and there is no bed here he runs to the window and open it from inside then he jumps in at the same time the maid opens the door. Robin grabs the lower side of the window and stays quiet.

Maid: Now..now.. Who left this paper on the floor, the Lord will be angry if he finds his study in a mess, ohm why is this window open…

The maid grab the window and slam it down smashing Robin’s fingers, he tries to contain the pain but let out a small cry, the maid turned back and got close to the window, luckily for Robin the residence’s walls are made of the same dark stone so she can’t see him thanks to the cloak, neither notice his fingers by the black gloves he had. After a while the maid leaves the room and Robin enters he sits down a while to relieve the pain on his fingers.

Robin: Once she turns into noble I will charge a lot of gold for this.

He grabs the paper again find the seal and put it on the paper he puts back the seal, it would be suspicious if disappear. Robin leaves the room by the window once again and counters clockwise moves to the outer wall. Once he drops outside he runs to the west and quickly sees from far away that Nova and Danya are fighting snow Wolves.

Cont.
(stupid 20,000 character limit)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:14:15 PM by Sonya »