Author Topic: Tales Of Makar - Based on Real Gameplay  (Read 5472 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: Tales Of Makar - Based on Real Gameplay
« Topic Start: February 13, 2013, 12:52:45 AM »
CHAPTER 4 - Quest For Identity
Part 2

Yule

Nova: At last you are here, what took you so long?
Robin: I AM OK…thanks for asking, I would have shown you my middle finger but is on pain right now.
Danya: Anything happened?
Robin: Everything is ok, here is the sealed paper.
Nova: Excellent! Now we need two more, why we waste time when we can enter Lord Houses and steal the papers.
Robin: Is not that easy, we must go to other places to get recommendation, otherwise will be suspicious.
Nova: Well we can take advantage of Minas Ithil’s destruction and find some sealed papers there and in the new realm.
Robin: Sounds like a plan.

Mansbridge

Three months passed since our adventurers started their Journey to find the remaining sealed papers, hardships pain, illness and despair struck our friends. (Occ: I know I was away 3 months working..Keep reading nothing to see here!)They are crossing the border by the south bridge of Mansbridge, this time with their task complete.

Robin: At last we arrived after a hard job done.
Nova: Hard job done, you didn’t even fight.
Robin: But remember I am the mind you are the muscle.
Danya: Hahahahahaha especially when you are climbing into a tree to run from monsters.
Nova: what now, also none of us have idea how to write a single thing.
Danya: Leave it to me I have an idea.
Robin Wow interesting is the first time you say that.
Danya: Just need a tankard of ale, a big one and let’s go to Shiverwood.

Nova and Robin shrugs and start walking north to the forest.

Shiverwood

Deep in the forest the rain falls, the tree adventurers stop below a group of tree to stay as dry as possible, there they talk about their next move.

Nova: So basically we get this guy drunk and he does anything we say?
Danya: He is some one that helped me when I tried to sell the book.
Robin: Can be trusted?
Danya: At least he can read….
Robin: Ohh my!

After the rain passed they resume their journey and after a while they arrive to the town, there they look for the tavern and before entering Danya ask the other two to wait outside.

Danya: This tavern is not like the one on Brackhead the barman is a pig and many unpleasant people are inside.

They both agree and Danya enters the tavern without wasting time she looks around but couldn’t find who she is looking for, at least not sitting. She check in the back and under a table is him. Worried if is alive she pokes him and he doesn’t even flick, then she grabs him by the legs and pulls him outside. There Nova and Robin look at her amazed.

Robin: Ohh my good you didn’t had to kill him!
Nova: You sure have changed, beating up a drunkard, so low.
Danya: Wait wait wait I didn’t do anything to him, he was just like that.

She pokes him around once more and he still doesn’t respond.

Robin: He sure looks dead to me.
Nova: Yup and everyone saw you pulling the body by the legs.
Danya: I didn’t do anything to him.
Robin: Is a shame we bought this Keg of Beer for nothing.

With a move that remember those of floor dancers, the scribe stands up like if nothing was happening.

Nova: The fudge?
Danya: Mathis you ok?
Mathis: Did you say Beer?
Robin: Who the hell is this guy.. First he was like dead now he is trying to grab the keg off my hands.
Mathis: Ohh it is YOU! You are late, but whatever, give me my part of the share of the book selling.
Nova: You promised this guy a share for the item you sold?
Danya: He read the buyer bulletin otherwise I wouldn’t have sold it.
Nova: Ok listen we don’t have gold, but we have a deal you can’t refuse, you will have your pocket filled with coins in no time.
Mathis: Well... as long I keep having beer like this.

He said this while finishing the keg of beer.

Robin: Ohh MY GOD! When did he…you thief!
Mathis: Ahhhhh, nice tastes like the beer of Brackhead, no doubt; so what you need me for, I see your faces are serious, let’s move to somewhere more private.
Nova: You lead.
Robin: Wasn’t he the dead guy?

They move into the forest and they start to explain Mathis the situation, he calmly understand what is going on but have his own doubts.

Mathis: Listen I know what you try to do is not easy and that there are risk, there are good things that we will receive, but also there are bad things, you get caught and we all die, is too dangerous to put my life on this task. Do you have the recommendation?
Nova: We have the papers, here.
Mathis: Papers are not enough.
Danya: But why?
Mathis: Because you are nobody…..NOBODY!
Nova: Explain clearly, isn’t the recommendation enough?
Mathis: Sure if you are an illegitimate child, but you have no family?
Danya: We are orphans from this same region.
Mathis: My point exactly, you need a family name; A name to write on the recommendations, and fill in the registry on the city hall. Without that this is destined to fail.
Man Voice: I can take care of that!

A hooded man approaches and after him a small group of men who surround the four of them. Nova grabs his sword and claims.

Nova: What kind of treachery is this?
Robin: So you knew about our plans?
Man: Of course I know about it, because this is My Plan!

The man takes off his hood and a mask is revealed, the rest of the group remain unseen.

Danya: Rebel is that you?
Rebel: Certainly, as I told you before, I have been watching you, and I see you gathered a nice team....... Excellent! this will make your job run smoothly with people you know and trust.
Mathis: So you are the one behind all this, what are you after?
Rebel: You are a bold lad.....but I like it! Danya will need a smart man who knows of words to overcome her limitations. We are the Brotherhood, we are everywhere, we see everything we do anything.
Nova: Hmm and you need us to join this Brotherhood?
Rebel: Not everyone can join, those are chosen. You will not work for the Brotherhood, we are just doing a pact, I get information and some actions from your part and you get money fame and maybe power.
Robin: Interesting keep talking..
Nova: Robin!
Rebel: The deal is simple I help Danya become Noble, you commoners will have a more pleasant life and to keep that way of living, you do me some favors, nothing much, nothing less, just a deal.

The guys look each other wondering what to say, but worried since they are surrounded by barely more or less 20 hooded men.

Nova: What if we refuse?
Rebel: Is not for you to decide, my proposition is with Danya.
Mathis: How come you accept this just like that?
Danya: What else could I do I wanted a change on life I wanted…
Robin: A better way of living? I agree and I am with you, we commoners are in danger of death any given moment.
Nova: What guarantees we have of this to work?
Mathis: None, I told you need a family name.
Rebel: Like this one?

Rebel takes some papers from his pocket and hand it to Mathis.

Mathis: This can’t be…is a proof of nobility, where you got it?
Rebel: I told you we can do anything, and get anything!
Mathis: Here says Jimenez Family, isn’t this family name of…
Rebel: The Queen of Carelia of course.
Robin: What?
Danya: Ohh my!
Mathis. What kind of nonsense is this?
Rebel: Listen, Carelia is way too far from here, Danya only have to no let her suppose relative see her, neither do I think they will come here, most of them are on other continents.
Nova: But still this is too much.
Rebel: Just do what I say, and everything will be ok, just stay in a region you know well, and avoid any event that put your name in the continental news.
Mathis: Fine, I will go register this on Brackhead’s Palace, since Shiverwood is Danya’s home will be good for her to stay close, do you agree guys.

The four commoners look each other and agree to embark on this new adventure together.

Rebel: Excellent, you Mathis will be Danya’s Scribe; you will manage the correspondence and avoid her to have direct dialog with any other noble for now
Mathis: Will do.
Rebel: Nova, your ability with the sword is good and you are close friend, so you will be Danya’s Squire, wherever she goes you go, try to teach her the way of the sword nobles are supposed to be good at it
Nova: Darn it, that means I am no longer an adventurer.
Rebel: Robin, you speed and stealth will serve greatly to the cause, you henceforth shall be Danya’s Scout.
Robin: Good so can I still pickpocket?
Rebel: Sure!
Danya: Heyy!
Robin: Neat!

Rebel gives the signal to the rest of the hooded men, and then they get close and remove their hoods, one of them has a familiar face.

Rebel: And these will be your Personal Guards.
Nova: Aren’t these your men?
Rebel: No, these are Danya’s men now, and this will be your captain, I think you have seen Gary before, right Danya.
Mathis: Hey aren’t you the militiaman of Shiverwood?
Rebel: I told you we were watching.
Gary: Is a pleasure to meet you again Danya, let’s work together to rise to the top.
Danya: I am glad to see you around Gary!

Now the time has come for Danya to become a Noble. Amazing adventures wait to these young characters, something that they will never forget.

Danya: Wow a noblewoman is like a dream!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:00:12 AM by Sonya »