Author Topic: Tales Of Makar - Based on Real Gameplay  (Read 5474 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Tales Of Makar - Based on Real Gameplay
« Topic Start: October 25, 2012, 09:27:08 PM »
CLICK TO TALK PAGE
Greetings everyone, thanks for taking your time on reading this history, but before you begin i want to make some point clear.

A) This history is entirely In Character and of course 100% part/linked to the BM Game.

B) For Continue Reading i would wish that nobody post on this thread, unless their character have interaction with mine in the game.

C) if you talk to me in Game i will use your character name and will said the same i was told in game.

D) of course even if you read i say "i will kill someone" on this history, is true  that i will do it in the game, but you can't use this info, to know something directly in the game, since is like a diary. and will mostly post past event.

E) Doubs, Talk and Questions, sure i made a thread for that (CLICK TO TALK PAGE)

Index
CHAPTER 1 - The Beginning
CHAPTER 2 - Prison
CHAPTER 3 - Contact 
CHAPTER 4 - Quest For Identity (Part 1)  
CHAPTER 4 - Quest For Identity (Part 2)
CHAPTER 5 - Noble
CHAPTER 6 - Knowledge
CHAPTER 7 - Rise
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:58:55 AM by Sonya »

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Tales Of Makar - Based on Real Gameplay
« Reply #1: October 25, 2012, 09:42:08 PM »
   TALES OF MAKAR

CHAPTER 1 - The Beginning

Shiverwood

Is just another dark night on Shiverwood one of these where the moon doesn’t even shine, sitting there barely lighted by a small bonfire is Danya, throwing logs to the fire and warming up jar of water on it, it has been raining recently and it was a cold night, even being close to the fire the condensation of her breath was visible.

She put some leaves into the boiling jar, she sighs while stirring up the fire. After a while she takes the jar and starts to blow it and in that moment she heard noises coming from the north side, she grab her knife and just when she was to get ready for combat, a familiar man appeared; he smiles to Danya and sits in the other side of the bonfire.

Danya: so it’s you…… Haven't seen you in a long while…Nova.

She sits once again putting the knife away, and resumes to cold down the tea leaves. Nova puts down his backpack and relaxes contemplating the surroundings. Then again look back at Danya and smiles.

Nova: so that’s what you have for dinner? a lady shouldn’t be drinking tea for dinner.
Danya: you came here to make fun of me? Who told you that my dinner is this tea?
Nova: not even when you grabbed your knife and stranded up, you let go of that jar..

Danya takes a look to the jar, shakes it a little and take a sip from it. Nova stops smiling look at his backpack and search for something, he grabs a piece of meat and takes a log from the floor, pierce the meat and put it on the bonfire.

Nova: here girl the dinner is on me.
Danya: I’m not giving you my tea leaves!

Nova chuckles and picks another log to stir up the fire even more.

Nova: you see…

He pauses while turning the meat around.

Nova: the Great War is almost over; the realms from the north are surrendering.
Danya: how you know that?
Nova: did you forgot I came from the north, I was on Icegate, I heard that Minas Ithil have been overrun and a Duke seceded, so once again the continent will be at peace.
Danya: peace? I never worried for these things, out life sucks already with or without wars, I fact is even better to be an orphan; otherwise we would be involved in that war.
Nova: but you see, it would be nice to be like a Noble, nice clothes, food, influence, you even get paid even if you do nothing.
Danya: nonsenses a life of adventures is a lot better, we are free to go wherever we want, and no follow orders.
Nova: well you’re right somehow, come this meat is ready, wanna go hunting tomorrow?
Danya: sure thing! We will split the loot in half.

They eat all the meat and stop stirring the fire; they lay to the side of the bonfire until the other day. In the morning Nova wakes up early and starts to stretch, he touch Danya with his foot several times to wake her up. Is still cold and the bonfire is completely off, they pack their things and start to move. After a couple of hours they find a cave and outside start to plan their strategy.

Nova: ok since your Adventuring Gear is bad you let me go first, I will charge fast and all who are still alive, wounded and stranded behind, then we..
Danya: no no no, that strategy is too much risky lets go slowly and we have better chances of no getting wounded.
Nova: but if we go with low risk many monster will go away, just come with me.

He runs inside the cave and Danya follows him quickly, at the entrance there were just some wolves and spiders, they continue deeply and found some undead, Nova takes out his short sword and Danya stops just four meters behind him, draws his knife and then they commence the battle. Their blows land true, shattering them to dust left and right. From the remains of the undead, they gather valuables and treasures. After resting for a while they continue to chase the next group, then the next one after the fifth group they decided to sit and rest.

Nova: you are out of shape already?
Danya: I’m not used to be aggressive hunting; neither have I gone this deep, I leave the caves after one or two groups.
Nova: you have to stop gathering things, the hunt is more profitable.
Danya: but I plan to live a while longer.

After a while they heard some loud noises, something is approaching, but the horrible thing is that is coming from behind, they look each other and stand up ready to fight, and suddenly entered the room a Undead Champion, bigger and stronger than others, and he wasn’t alone, he came with a organized group of undead, it seems they were outside the cave and have returned.
They get ready to fight once again, and then the battles rages on, Nova and Danya fight with zeal and strength - but the undeads are unimpressed. They feel neither pain nor fear, but they do. Lots of it.
Then they give up trying to defeat them and you only try to get away.

Nova: is useless they are too strong we have to run for it.
Danya: we are surrounded.
Nova: forget the Champion; let’s break for the weaker ones.

They manage to escape the room and try to leave the cave, but the champion is following them, Danya looks a lose stalactite on the side, and have an idea.

Danya: hey what if we use that lose rock to defeat the undead, you stay there and get their attention, I will climb up there and push.
Nova: well we have nothing else to do and they are on our toes.

Nova stop just below the stalactite and put himself in battle position, Danya climb the wall and manage to grab the rock butting his arm and legs around it, so is hidden, the undead enter the room, Nova invites them to fight making some swings with his blade. The champion steps forward accepting the challenge, and just when the champion was below Danya Nova gave the signal to drop the stalactite, but she couldn’t, it seems it wasn’t too lose. Nova has no other choice than to fight with the Champion, but was not match for him. After a while, he does not feel the blows anymore, and fall to the ground, and just when the Champion was about to do the finishing blow, Danya takes his knife and start to hit the stalactite in the crack with the tip of the knife, after several times the knife breaks and the rock falls, hearing this noise the champion look above and sees Danya falling down with the rock, with no time to move the pointy rock hit the champion on the skull breaking it and like that killing him. With no time to recover and with half knife on hand Danya stands up and stands up to protect Nova who was on the floor wounded, and standing in the top of the dead champion she says.

Danya: who’s next? Come and meet your death!

The remaining undead retreat to the deep of the cave, Danya fall to her knees tired, she looks around and found that’s the undead had something, she takes what it looks like a book, she puts it on her backpack, and moves to where Nova is, after putting him some bandages she takes him outside, for the weight she has to carry it takes her a while to do so. After couple of hours Nova wakes up, he can’t quite remember anything, except the pain. He find himself in a well tidy room, after looking around he find out that he is in a Inn. Looking to the side he sees Danya with her eyes widely open and with a big smile.

Danya: we did it Nova!
Nova: ouch, no so loud, my head hurts, tell me did you carry me here, it should have taken you a while. Did we manage to get something from the cave?
Danya: don’t worry for it we Adventurers help each other, and yes I manage to salvage some treasures, sadly I had to spend a lot on the room and healers, but here is your share.

Danya put a bag of silvers on the desk besides Nova’s bed, he grabs it and take a silver coin from it, then put it back into the bag.

Nova: what about you?

Danya takes the book she found and shows it to him.

Nova: come one! That must be an Ancient Tome, “An ancient book of unknown language and purpose. Not that anyone could read” that’s how adventurers call that common item.
Danya: do not worry Nova, rest and get well, I will go look for a sage so he can tell me what this book is.
Nova: ok take care.

She leaves the inn and asks around the people for a sage, after a while and wasting hours she finds out a sage and ask him about the book.

Danya: hey there Sage, I got something to show you!
Sage: what you have for me young child?
Danya: I want you to tell me what kind of book is this?

She hands over the book to the sage, he put on a monocle and after examining it for a while he closes the book, and put the monocle back to his pocket.

Sage: well well…
Danya: what? Don’t tell me that is an Ancient Tome?
Sage: wohohohohohooo! No my child it is not an Ancient Tome, this book is the “Tempus' Book of the Blessed” the nobles used these kind of book just to have prestige.
Danya: wow really?
Sage: is not useful for anything else, so you need to find a noble and sell it.
Danya: yay thanks!

Danya hugs the Sage and quickly leaves, she goes to a place where people put papers message into a big board in the streets, once there she cannot understand what is written in all these papers. Worried she stops a merchant who is selling goods and ask him for help to read the board, but he can’t help it since neither he can read. She asks around to mercenaries, people and other adventurers, with no luck. After a while a militiaman saw her worried and approached to her.

Militiaman: are you looking to read what is there?
Danya: yes please tell me.
Militiaman: you need to find a scribe, they normally work for nobles but you can find them in the tavern, of course you should pay, they don’t work for free.
Danya: thanks very much, and your name is?
Militiaman: Gary they call me Gary.
Danya: thanks Gary, I owe you one!

She quickly leaves to the pub, waving Gary the militiaman from a far upon entering the tavern she quickly smell the scent of ale, wine and smoke. She looks around for clues then approach to the barman.

Barman: need something to drink?
Danya: nooo no, I am looking for a scribe know anyone in here?
Barman: you don’t look like a noblewoman to me, neither you dress or talk like one.
Danya: who cares, I need a scribe to read something for me, and do you know anyone or no?

The barman spits in the floor, Danya tries to look around to no see it and the barman point to the corner and replies.

Barman: well you see that drunken guy over there, his noble master was killed during the Great War, and so he is unemployed talk to him.

She walks to the person she was referred, this man was totally drowned in ale and he couldn’t see anything beyond his hands. Pulling a chair who was on the floor Danya sits beside him.

Danya: are you the scribe?
Scribe: who are you are you perhaps a Noble? Are you here to hire me?
Danya: I need you to read something for me.
Scribe: my salary is 1 gold per week, hire me and I will read and write all letters for you.
Danya: well come with me, I need you to read something for me first.
Scribe: a test, very well.

With plenty of work the Scribe stands up and with even more work he tried to leave the tavern, Danya grabs him from the arm and pull him, she manages to get him to the board and then point him the messages that were there.

Danya: I need you to read me these.
Scribe: wait a minute… that’s not the way for a noblewoman to talk, neither a noblewoman would grab a commoner hand, who are you?

He says this while clearing his eyes and taking a deep glance at Danya, after a while he manages to see her clearly and gets angry.

Scribe: curse you! Why do you trick me?
Danya: calm down I just need help reading, I will pay you.
Scribe: pay me HOW!?
Danya: I have a unique item; if I manage to sell it I will buy you any drinks.

She takes out the book and show him to the Scribe, then put it back quickly.

Scribe: how can I know is not a common item?
Danya: don’t worry, tell me who are looking for items and once I sell it I will come back and make it to you; I will buy you a barrel of ale.
Scribe: Fine I will tell you, at least to finish quickly with you and go back to drink, is bad luck to waste time with commoners.

The scribe concentrates on the board and start to read all post, he sees wanted post, religion schedule, militia recruitment and after a while his eye opens widely. He points to a paper that was in the superior right corner of the board, then turn back to Danya.

Scribe: There! It says that a nobleman called Maduin, I heard from him he is the Baron of Yule.
Danya: so I have to travel to Yule?
Scribe: no, the message says he will be on Brackhead for a while, you know how to get there? Is close, the city to the southwest.
Danya: yes I know, I was born on these lands, and travel it daily, so what is your name, so I can come back and pay you.
Scribe: I am Mathis the scribe; if you find a noble who need reading just tell them I am available.
Danya: thanks Mathis I will leave right away, and do not worry I pay my debts.

She leaves right away toward Brackhead with nothing but a book with her who knows what perils await on the way to her destiny.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 29, 2012, 05:54:21 PM »
CHAPTER 2 - Prison

Shiverwood

Is a rainy day on Shiverwood Danya slowly walk by the road, unarmed nobody knows what could happen in the forest, and woodland regions are always a nest of monsters and unexpected perils. Passing by in opposite direction were troops from the The Makarian Horde. They all seem to be wounded and demoralized. Danya had to leave the road so the soldier can pass, she stop and watched by the side how the large caravan of defeated warrior returned home from the south.

Danya: what happened?

She asked to the soldier who were passing by, most of them ignored her until one of them replied.

Soldier: shhhhh silence we can’t speak much, if one of these Nobles heard you he will send you to jail or worse, torture you.

The soldier stops and leaves his line looking to the sides of the road, checking for higher ranking officers.

Soldier: look, we were defeated on Leohampton, one of the armies from the South is supporting the rebel Duke, and by the time we assaulted the city only our troops marched in.
Danya: that sounds terrible, so you are heading now to Icegate to get more recruit?
Soldier: perhaps, but I will leave this unit, maybe I become militia, well I have to go, the captain will see that I broke the line.

The soldier runs back to where he was and continues his march north to Icegate, after a while the road was free and Danya continue her travels to Brackhead. It was a quiet walk from afar she sees a guard making her signals to approach; once Danya gets close another person approaches he seems to be a Town Crier, he clear his throat and takes out a parchment and reads.

Town Crier: By the name of the Duke of Brackhead every commoner have to pay 7 silver coins to enter the region, those who try to enter without paying the tax will be jailed and if resist the arrest they will be killed immediately.

Danya put his hand on her pocket and remember that she left all the treasures to Nova, and then she approaches the Town Crier and tries to show him the book she has.

Danya: excuse me, I have no coins but I have this book that I am going to se…
Town Crier: If you have no money then leaves my sight before something bad happens to you!

The Town Crier push Danya hard making her lose balance and fall to the floor, she drops the book and tried to crab it, but one of the guards kick it. She slowly stands up, cleans the dust and slowly walks to where the book is. Then she walks back north to Shiverwood, but this time she enters the forest.

Danya: hmm I have no weapon to hunt monster for reward, I have to gather things and sell.

She starts the search for common items, the first hour Danya doesn’t find anything, and then moves to another place, the next hour she tries to gather seeds but a group of militia comes and disturbs her. She moves to another place and doesn’t find anything, in the next spot she find a Battered Armor, her eyes shine since is close to her goal. The next hour she moves to the riverside, but once again she is bothered by militia who started to bathe there. Later she tries to gather but was too tired to do something, then she sleep on her bedroll.

The next day she proceeds to sell the Battered Armor, so she goes to the appraiser who is located in the northwest side of Shiverwood, carrying the armor on her back she talks to the Appraiser.

Danya: hey appraiser, how much for this armor?

The appraiser takes the armor and after a while checking he replies.

Appraiser: all I can give you is five silvers for it.
Danya: Five silver coins for armor?
Appraiser: the armor is battered it will take a lot more to be repaired.
Danya: can you help me I need seven silver coins to pay the tool booth.
Appraiser: I can't do much for the armor but for that book I can get you a good deal…
Danya: I’m sorry I can’t do that, this book belong to a Noble, let’s do something better, I need a weapon, give me a weapon for the five coins, then I can hunt monster bounty.

The appraiser stops to think for a while, then open a chest and looks inside, then he takes a rusty short sword, and give it to her.

Appraiser: is not something great, but at least will increase your combat gear.
Danya: thanks!

Danya leaves swinging her new weapon to get used to the new weight, she starts to investigate the bounty of the region, and asking around she finds out that there is no bounty for monster hunt, and there is a 6 gold bounty for undead hunt. She decides to the return to the cave where she was before, in the way there she stops in the Inn where Nova was resting but she finds out that he just left. She doesn’t waste time and head to the cave.

Once inside she uses the strategy to go in low risk, knowing that she is alone she decides to hunt he upper levels. Right close to the entrance she finds the first group of undead, as easy and they come as easy as they are gone, Danya is amazed by the new short sword, even if is rusty it makes a good work with these opponents. She fight the seconds group of undead and leave the cave, then she finds another cave and repeat the process of hunting only up to the second group to preserve energy and her life.

Once done she manage to get a reward of 9 silvers coins for the day, she stops in the Inn and pay 1 silver coin for food and the primitive room she shared with some local peasants. In the morning she had back to the southwest road in route to Brackhead, there she meets once again with the tool booth guards, without hesitating she gives the seven silver coins to the collectors and look again for the Town Crier who was just fifteen meters away from her, he smiles upon seeing her, she grim her eyes and says in a menacing voice.

Danya: Soon…

She continues to walk by the road the guards look each other wondering what was she trying to say, the Town Crier stop smiling, but couldn't do anything besides watching her go through the region border. She then pressure her steep, is time to reach the city.

Brackhead

She arrives to Brackhead, the city bordering the realms of Eston and Minas Ithil. Uppon entering the city gates she looks around to find the closest tavern to look for information, she gets to the east side of the town she sees a group of people she approaches and ask.

Danya: where can I find a nobleman called Maduin?

Suddenly everyone makes silence, and they begin to murmur.

Woman: poor child, so young and doing that kind of jobs…
Old man: isn't she supposed to be in the brothel what is doing outside..
Man: how much is she charging for services, she doesn't look bad, just a bath and she…
Danya: STOP! I’m not that kind of girl! My only purpose is just business!
Woman: ohh my! She is still at it.
Old man: is a waste of life young one.
Man: well once you are done working with the nobles maybe I can..
Danya: NO NO NO NO!

She takes out the book from her bag and shows it to everyone.

Danya: I am supposed to sell this book to him, I am an Adventurer!
Everyone: ahhhhhhhhHHHHHHHH!
Woman: I see…. I got surprised for a while; there is no way that commoners can speak directly to Nobles.
Old man: the only interaction Nobles have with commoner like us, especially young ones like you are on dancehall and brothels.
Man: dam it, I thought I was gonna get a cheap one today….i leave!
Old man: the tavern is over there, sometimes the nobles who aren’t famous mix with the locals over there, you can ask someone to give you directions.
Danya: thank you everyone!

Embarrassed she goes to the Tavern, as soon she enters she notices various familiar voices and approach there, in the table there were various fellow Adventurers including Nova, she pull a chair and sits.

Danya: hey guys how are you today? Some adventure to tell?
Nova: hey girl! How are you doing? I have been telling the gang about our trip to the cave there on Shiverwood.
Danya: good! I manage to find buyer for the book, and I’m supposed to meet someone to buy it, have you heard of Maduin?
Adventurer: isn’t he the lord of Yule?
Nova: Yeahh I think I saw his squire around here, look that man over there.

Nova point to a man on decent armor he was sitting in a table on the second level of the tavern, on the ladder up there were two guards, when Danya approach they stops her.

Guard: sorry you can’t go up there, the army has it reserved.
Danya: can I talk to that man, he is waiting for me.
Guard: hold a minute.

One of the guards go up the ladder he approach to the tables where the captains and troop leaders are and talk to him, the squire look and stands up approach to the ladder and from up the second floor he speaks.

Squire: so you have come for the reward?
Danya: yes sir, I have here the “Tempus' Book of the Blessed”.
Squire: how much you want for it.
Danya: 10 gold coins will be ok; I just want to get rid of it!

The Squire sends a guard with 10 gold coins to get the book, upon receiving the coins she gives the book to the guard, who takes it to the Squire up in the second floor, after open it and look it, he gives the approval. The other adventurers quietly look from afar, and once the transaction is done Danya claims.

Danya: a round of ale for everyone on the first floor on me!

Everyone on the tavern, the ones on first floor of course, cheers to Danya and start to drink. The area where the Adventurers were had better treat of food and a lot more of beer and mixed drinks. After a while of tales and drinks everyone was kind of drunk, specially Danya who isn’t too great drinker, then she stands up and starts to hit the table with the jar.

Danya: Stupid Toll Booths!
Adventurer: what did you have to pay to come here?
Danya: yes it was HORRENDOUS! I was pushed and mistreated.
Nova: yes this cant happened!
Danya: we pay weekly taxes; pay for food, pay tool booths and on top of that they need to hit us?
Adventurer: dam right girl you say it!
Danya: We adventurers are people as well and we have our rights!
Nova: well said!
Danya: Let's Revolt!
Nova: wait what?
Danya: No more taxes, * hiccups* no more taxes, no more taxes...wait a minute...actually.. hiccups...i got a idea!

She climbs on top of the table and get the attention of everyone.

Drunkard: what will you do dance for us?
Barman: if you break something you have to pay for it.
Danya: Shhhhhhh! Listen!
Danya: Ok, let’s change this Tyranny once and for all

She said this while kicking a jar that was on the table, the jar was still filled with beer and lands on a fellow Adventurer on the laps.

Danya: We can't live like this anymore, we pay daily taxes and also we have to be taxed to travel, what do you think?
Nova: Well..i think we should not d…..
Danya: EXACTLY! We should not allow this anymore!
Nova: But I was about to say tha….
Danya: No need to explain me, I know what we need to do, follow me.

She jumps down the table and lose balance and falls she stands up rejecting the help from others, she waves her hands signaling everyone to follow. The others adventurers shrug and follow her outside, once outside she look around and then she sees a Priest in a podium preaching a mass of people.

Adventurer: Nova we must stop her, he is drunk.
Nova: wait this could be funny.
Adventurer: yeahh until someone get hurts!

Danya approaches the multitude from behind and open his way to the form of the crow, and then where the priest is standing.

Priest: Remember our belief, we shall follow them. We adhere to sacrificing the bodies of the heretic’s horses and to feast on their….
Danya: Move Priest!
She climbs to the podium pushing the Priest aside, the crowd look perplexed while the others adventurers just cover their faces with the palm of their hands.

Danya: People of Brackhead the time we have spent under this oppression have to end; we can’t continue paying taxes like that, why pay to travel when we pay daily taxes this have to end once and for all.

Everyone on the crowd look each other, still wondering what is going on, the followers of the priest gets angry and proceed to kick her out, then Nova and the other adventurer get in the way.

Nova: please let her talk, she will be over soon..

Nova laughs and the other adventurer persuade the followers to stand back, then the Priest replies.

Priest: What is the meaning of this; you can't just simply step on my Podium and preach to the people this is a priest’s job.
Danya: Shut up baldie this is not preaching this is a call of protest!
Priest: I'm not bald, is just a Tonsure, you disrespectful brat!
Danya: Whatever, this is not the time to preach Viking stuff; we need to act for our rights!
Voice: Stop Right There Criminal Scum!

A loud voice is heard from back of the crowd; the other adventurers notice a group of armed men approaching. The adventurers went back down and hide between the crowds of people, then everyone stop laughing.

Danya: who is interrupting me?
Guard: You've violated the law, what you have to say in your defense.
Danya: Law? This is not about law is about citizen’s rights, the rights we have.
Guard: what nonsenses are you talking about, why are you creating chaos? The only rights you have is pay taxes.
Danya: see? For people like you is that everything is a chaos
Guard: chaos? you are the one bothering a Priest of The Hörgr of Makar!
Danya: Listen, I am not bothering, I just talking to the crowd, right people?

She looks to the crow and they start to disperse, they don’t want to have trouble with the guards, in less than 10 seconds Danya is alone with the guards.

Danya: Heyy where are you going, I have not finished talking about the movement!

She tries to go after the people when suddenly the guards surround her.

Guard: You have violated the Law, pay the court a fine or serve your sentence.
Danya: Fine? You are not listening what is this about, the fines and taxes are the reason I started this, I am just am just simple Adventurer!
Guard: Ohh! really? I used to be an Adventurer like you, but then I took a…
Priest: Look what you have done.....

Exclaim the priest raising his hand to the heaven.

Priest: For the love of Valhalla you have ruined my job, I lost these hours of work, all my listeners are gone, finish with this and leave.
Guard: Well? You got anything to say on your defense?

Suddenly a group of military men arrives, is a well-armed group, a nobleman mounted on a fine horse was leading the unit, he signals the captain of the unit to steps forward.

Captain: in the name of Sudbury O'claude Ve, Knight of Brackhead, what is happening here?
Guard: this imprudent adventurer was bothering a priest
Danya: Why the priest can talk to the people and i can't
Captain: The The Hörgr of Makar pay taxes.
Danya: Really?
Priest: yes! and i an a Nobleman and you are an commoner!
Guard: Now pay the fine!
Danya: Errrrr…I have no money..
Guard: So you are going to jail and you there are also on this?
Captain: Stand down guard! This matter can’t be solved by a fine

The guards fall back and the troops take over the situation, they look to the others adventurers who were nearby.

Troop: sir, what we will do with these?
Captain: I believe you aren't involved on this, right?
Nova: Well err. No we don’t know her, right guys.

The other Adventurers agree. Then the troops take Danya to prison while she claims lousy.

Danya: I have my rights, I have my rights!!!
Captain: you will have to prove that in court.

The captain looks to Sudbury O'claude Ve, who gives him the signal to take Danya away to the city court. The other adventurer return to the tavern concerned of what could happens to Danya, is well knows that nobles doesn't treat adventurer well, she either could be jailed or beaten up just for fun.

What happened next, is uncertain, we can hope she can get out prison unharmed.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 12, 2012, 07:53:07 PM »
CHAPTER 3 - Contact

Brackhead

Tied in the carriage Danya waits for her transportation, looking around she notices that is made out of wood. It looked a bit like a moving prison because it had prison bars made out of wood to prevent the prisoners from escaping. Is used to transport people accused of breaking the law to their place of destination. The vehicle was pulled by horses.

Danya was not alone; with her there were other criminals and independence fanatics who were got on the police force patrol. The captain gives the signal to move by the side the people, mainly peasants and other poor villagers try to throw stuff through the bars at the prisoners. When a rotten tomato was about to hit Danya’s face, Nova steps in and stop it.

Nova: Stop it you people, not everyone on the Prison Wagon is a criminal.
Villager: But she is there with the rest.
Nova: No it was a misunderstanding.

Nova explains what happened while the wagon just travels north to the capital city. On the road the prisoners talk about what they did to get there. They sing and laugh often being silenced by the escort guards. The entire road to the north the carriage tumbles side by side.

Prisoner: What you did?
Thief: I entered the city vault and got caught.
Prisoner: And you?
Rebel: My house got raid and they throw me here for supporting the independence. What about you?
Thief: Your voice is funny what’s wrong with you and that mask?
Rebel: Must be the flu….
Prisoner: Well, I got caught in the Black Market.

They looked at Danya and waiter for her to say anything. She still was suffering the hangover. One of the prisoners pats Danya back and asks.

Thief: And you what you did?
Danya: Errr, I got caught for protesting to the government.
Rebel: So you are an Independence Fanatic, just like me.
Danya: No I am not a rebel I am an Adventurer, I was protesting for the tool booth tax.

The prisoners look each other and then the laughs explode and the escort guard starts to hit them to make silence prevail. Danya still fells sick, grab the bars and takes a deep breath, while the carriage continues its course.

Lamia

Is currently night, a whole day have passed, the guards have made a camp fire and let the carriage to a side. The prisoners are still inside but since they are 25 meters away from the camp they can talk.

Prisoner: Hey Adventurer!
Danya: What you want know?
Prisoner: You seek revenge against the government?
Danya: This realm needs a change.
Prisoner: You have no idea what you are talking about, our dictator has served us well during these years, as a commoner you know nothing.
Rebel: Don’t listen to him; he used to be a guard on the palace. The tyrant betrayed the people of Norland.
Prisoner: you Norlanders were fools, and doesn’t matter how much you protest, you can’t revive a realm by just going rogue and wearing a mask.
Danya: I don’t know about these things, I am an orphan, and all I have learned is injustice.
Thief: Because we are commoners! There is nothing we can do, there is nothing….Nobles are blessed from birth to be anything they want, to do whatever they want, they can even kill us commoners just for the sake of pleasure. On Election Day our voice doesn’t have any value, every time there is a referendum only Nobles can vote.

Everyone keep silent for a while. And the Thief continues.

Thief: Steal, that’s all I can do, steal to the rich, to give it to the poor, and if by tomorrow I am not swinging in the gallows I will continue doing it.

The morning comes and the prisoners are woken up by the rain, the carriage is still traveling and reaching his destination. The large tower of Icegate can be seen from very far, its height can easily challenge any small mountain.

Prisoner: Look we are close to Icegate!
Thief: Close? No there is still long journey.
Danya: Wow that city is big!
Rebel: It’s not a city, Icegate is a Stronghold.
Danya: But how come can we see it from here, you can’t see Brackhead from a far.
Thief: It seems you never ventured into the cold lands, Strongholds and cities are different, cities have a lot of people and decent protection, strongholds have low population and great defenses, they are great to garrison guards, and on top of that Icegate is a Fortress type Stronghold. Only Death wait to those who challenge it walls.
Rebel: Still we need to pass by Lower Tell before arriving there, be prepared, it will be very cold.
Danya: Oohhhh
Prisoner: So that’s the place of our execution…no bad!

Lower Tell

After a while they arrived to Lower Tell, the weather here is very cold and there is snow everywhere but he road. Footprints in the snow were 8 centimeters deep, the population was used to this weather, and they were well swaddled on clothes of animal fur. The prisoners were otherwise almost naked with just their common clothes. The carriage stops once again besides a well and the escort stop to drink water. Several kids who were playing around in the snow start to throw balls of snow to the prisoners on the carriage.

Thief: Hey you kids STOP! Once I am free I will come and get yoo..

In that same moment a ball of snow hit his face, Danya couldn’t help it but laughs, while cleaning snow from her shoulders. The kids stick out their tongues to prisoners and run away.

Thief: Dam kids one of these days.
Rebel: Probably that day won’t come…We can be dead by tomorrow.
Thief: Then as a ghost I will get them.
Danya: You seem to know many things…errrr.
Thief: Robin, my name is Robin!
Danya: Nice to meet you Robin, I am Danya.
Robin: Well nice to meet you too. I started to rob the people since I was kid, I’m orphan as well. During all these years I have traveled not only the regions of Makar, I travelled around Eston and Minas.
Rebel: Weird you didn't get a job as Scout.
Robin: No, I hate the noblesse, I prefer to steal the nobles and give to the commoners.
Danya: Yes I heard you said that before.
Prisoner: Shhh make silence, leave me sleep, and is damned cold here.

Icegate

Finally they arrive to Icegate; upon entering the Stronghold they notice the majestic fortress. The walls are immense they seems to be reaching the sky, is better noticed from far away, because close in they looks to come down to you. The carriage stops and the prisoners are dismounted, it hard at first for them to walk, they have been there for couple of days. An inspector approaches and proceeds to listen what the escort said about the prisoners, what everyone did and how they were captured, so he can determine a ransom, then he orders the guard to take them to the dungeons.

Everyone is separated on different cell; upon releasing the chains the Inspector tell everyone the ransom for their release and the days they will serve the sentence. Danya is then throw to her cell and as soon the guards close the door the Inspector claims.

Inspector: You are now in prison and you will be held captive for 6 more days unless you pay ransom.
Danya: Ransom? What ransom am I just a simple commoner I am poor.
Inspector: Well is a shame, then you will have to stay here for a while.
Danya: How much is that ransom?
Inspector: The ransom has been set to 22 gold.
Danya: Twenty two Golds? I have never seen that much money put together on my life!
Inspector: Is a shame to have no family, well... Enjoy your stay!

The inspector leaves and Danya have no other choice that to sit in a corner and waits, the Inspector can be heard talking to other prisoners, opening and closing cells. There are several guards who patrol the prison, and it seems that they rotate the personnel. Is night again, and the prison is not warmer than outside it. Danya have problem to sleep she grab the cell bars and tries to see the sides of the hallway, a guard comes and throw a piece of bread, she grabs it since she haven’t eat anything in two days.

Danya: Only bread?

She claims while the guard leaves without giving attention to her. Her tears run down while biting the stale and dirty bread. She is done in an instant, then she hears a voice from the nearby cell.

Voice: You sure were hungry.... to be able to swallow that bread without water!
Danya: Who are you?
Voice: Shhh, don't yell, the guards can heard you, speak low, I have been watching you for a while.
Danya: Me? How come?
Voice: Yes I have been watching you from Brackhead, and I know you have potential.
Danya: Potential for what?
Voice: To serve the cause, but we will not talk about it here, once you are free, I will contact you. Here you can have my share of bread.
Danya: But who are you, answer me.

The voice get silent despite of Danya requests, she looks down outside her cell and see the piece of bread, she extend her hand and when she reaches the bread, in that same moment a guard steps on her hand.

Danya: Ahhhhh!
Guard: You should not raise your voice here. He he he he!

The guard leaves and Danya retract her arm, with pain she eats the few crumbs of bread in her hand, once done she start to rub and blow her hand to relieve the pain, she return to the corner and tries to sleep.
In the morning there were loud noises on prison, the scream of the prisoners there could be heard many were shouting “The Executioner” Danya becomes nervous by the cry and noise on the dungeons, then suddenly the Inspector stops on her cell.

Inspector: Wake up girl is time for prison revision.
Danya: What’s wrong?
Inspector: The Executor often comes to see the prisoners, here comes now bow your head to the floor.

In that instant a gallant figure accompanies of several guards approaches and stops in front Danya’s cell he talks with the inspector for a while, the Inspector tell the Executor the details about Danya’s imprisonment and then signals the Inspector to open the cell.

Executor: Danya.

Danya replies with her head down.

Danya: Yes my lord!
Executor: I haf given you your freedom. I do not know vat you did to upset your local Lord but I haf given you ze benefit of zr doubt.
Danya: Thank you my lord!
Executor: Remember mein generosity and do not come here again.

The executor signs the book the Inspector carry and leaves, the Inspector smiles and tells Danya.

Inspector: Impressive, Sigmund Kronos, Executor of Barony of Makar, Knight of Sale has come to your cell and is setting you free. You should be glad to leave!
Danya: Hell yess!

Once outside Danya start to wander around to know well the stronghold once she reach the main barracks she notices an execution going on. Once she approaches she notices one of the prisoners who were with her with a rope tied to the neck, and the townspeople throwing things to him. He then notices Danya and smiles.

Prisoner: I am glad you are free….. GO! You should not see this!

The people had no idea who he was speaking and continue to throw rotten fruit to him, Danya then clenches his fist and turns around and runs. Without putting attention ahead she run fast and while turning around an alley she trips and falls to the floor. Then a familiar voice is heard.

Voice: It hurts didn’t it? Be there with nothing you could do.

Danya raises her head and see the man whose voice was speaking to her in prison. She opens her eyes widely and gets surprised.

Danya: Rebel is that you, how are you here!
Rebel: Yes is good to see you, well i scaped!
Danya: where are the other...The Black market prisoner just got..
Rebel: I know executed, and about that Thief i don't know where is, but he is alive.
Danya: Were you on prison with me what about that voice and how the hell you got out prison?
Rebel: this is how I speak for real; I had to disguise my voice since I am a spy.
Danya: Spy from whom, The Empire?
Rebel: I can’t tell you anything more about me, but I came to talk about you, I see great potential on you, your eyes are sharp and deep like those who have lost everything and seek nothing more than just survival.
Danya: What you need of me, I can’t join any revolutionary movement… and I don’t know your name.
Rebel: My name? hehehehe you can call me…Rebel.
Danya: That’s just… can you take off your mask?
Rebel: As I told you my name and face doesn’t matter, since I can be Anyone coming from Anywhere and belong to Anything. I need you to join me as spy.
Danya: Spy? I know nothing about being a spy, I am just an Adventurer.
Rebel: Don’t worry, we will not act now, I need you to become part of the Nobility of the realm and give me information.

Rebel looks around to verify no one is listening, he grab Danya arm and helps her to stand up then he pulls her deep in the alley.

Rebel: First we have to make you a Noblewoman.
Danya: What are …
Rebel: Shhh listen, is very important that you become one of them, then you will be able to give us the information we need when we need it. The life of Adventurer is a free trip to death; I promise you fortune, fame and the ability to change the realm.
Danya: What should I do?
Rebel: I will be processing the papers but you dear have to get three Noble Recommendations, after that we will teach you how to act like a Noble and of course change your appearance. Talk to your friend Nova he will guide you.
Danya: Nova? Do you know him?
Rebel: I told you, I have been watching you for a while. Now go, your quest for Identity starts now!

The rebel man turns around and leaves walking slowly deep into the alley and without looking back he raises his hand and waves.

Rebel: Don't tell anyone about me; remember I will be watching you!

Danya turns around and leaves the alley by the side she was coming front, she looks up to the Fortress’s walls and start walking south, her goal is to get back to Shiverwood and ask Nova to help her get three Noble Recommendations.

The Quest for Identity Begins.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 13, 2013, 12:52:30 AM »
CHAPTER 4 - Quest For Identity
Part 1

Lower Tell

Back in the Badlands Danya sits in a rock and start to think how to get these recommendations, she then goes to the local bounty board to ask for advice. Outside there were other adventurers who were talking exactly about the recommendation.

Adventurer a: As I was telling ya, bugs bugs came from the papers and then my recommendation was gone.
Adventurer b: Really?
Adventurer a: Yeaaa like some kind of sorcery.
Adventurer b: Is the first time I heard about bugs in the recommendation, must be a joke from the Nobles.

Danya approaches the board manager and ask.

Danya: They are talking about lost recommendations?
Board Manager: Yes that one lost it probably by some strange plague, but there are other ways to lose them.
Danya: How so?
Board Manager: If the noble who give you the recommendation dies or leave the continent, you lose that recommendation, since he is not alive to vouch for you.
Danya: How I get them?
Board Manager: Do favors to the Nobility or sell them valuable things you find.
Danya: Ok thanks.

Danya recalls that she never got any recommendation for the book she sold on Brackhead. She turns back and head south to get help from her friends.

Lamia

Glad to leave the snow behind, Danya arrives to Lamia. Without hesitating she starts to hunt down creatures to gather silver for the food and tool booth, they are easy to find and see because in these lands with barely any trees, the places to hide are minimal.

Danya: Hah take this! Hahaaaa! I can’t believe I have to abandon this great life of adventure and freedom, but my destiny waits.

After a couple of days hunting and exchanging bounty she manages to raise her equipment to a 32% for combat and 28% for adventures, making her job progress quicker. In one of her travels to the bounty board she talks with the locals, some rumors from beggars and gossips she eavesdrops in the streets.

She hears that there was a suspicious cloaked figure in the region, often militia asked for information about him, others claimed to see them entering into houses. She continues to walk south not caring much for the local problems, but was angry because couldn't look for items with that many militia.

After a while she sees a group of farmers gathering around a house, this one was also surrounded by soldiers who were about to enter. Danya gets closer to see the events, at the same time that the troops take down the door and enter the house. Black smoke come out everywhere and the troops quickly leave the house.

Trooper: Madman! This guy is a Madman! He turned the house on fire, is he planning to burn himself to no be caught.

After a while there is smoke everywhere, the people around start to disperse when suddenly a cloaked man collides with her and at the same time Danya feels a hit in her buttock.

Mysterious Cloaked Man: Sorry..
Danya: Hey you don’t have to touch my…

Danya checks her backpack and notice that his bag of coins is missing; she realizes what happened and decided to follow the mysterious cloaked man. A militiaman who saw her hurry asked.

Trooper: Is something wrong?
Danya: Nothing I can’t take care of with my blade.

The man noticed to be followed and decided to walk faster and even faster until he starts to run into Shiverwood’s Forest.

Shiverwood

The chase was on, the cloaked figure was agile and fast, but Danya was familiar with this place since she was living here for years.

Danya: You can run, but you can´t hide from me, this forest is my home.
Mysterious Cloaked Man: Hahahaha scary, scary!

The strange man suddenly stops and turns around removing his hood smiling, Danya notices the familiar face, but was too hasty drawing the blade and couldn’t stop, luckily he was agile to dodge the attack in the last moment.

Danya: It is you Robin? What the hell?
Robin: Easy easy there girl.. Dammit you cut me in the check, your skills have improved, and with a longer blade you would have cut my head in two.
Danya: You deserve it for stealing something mine.
Robin: I only wanted to get your attention; I touched so you can notice me.
Danya: Yea and you touched well…I suppose
Robin: Relax I am unnoticeable when I pickpocket.

Robin takes out Danya’s coin purse and gives it to her. She checks and notice a coin is missing but before she said anything he takes a piece of bread from his back and gives it as well.

Danya: Err…thanks…but are you charging me for this bread?
Robin: Heyy I am a thief not a charity institution, and is recently made.
Danya: Not by you I guess..... Did you have it from the burning house?
Robin: Hey how you know?
Danya: Sounds like something you will do..
Robin: Didn’t want to get caught again.

They start to walk again south as before, Danya was eating the bread while walking, Robin removed the hood totally and put it inside his backpack, he use it mostly to hide his identity.

Danya: How you scape the prison?
Robin: Well I paid the ransom.
Danya: So you had money?
Robin: Yes I stole it from the Prison Inspector the same day he thrown me in, he didn’t noticed I paid him with his own gold, wish to see his face. What about you?
Danya: The executor gave me a pardon.
Robin: Ohh I see, where are you going I am kind of bored.
Danya: I am going to Brackhead
Robin: Ok I will tag along

During their travel to Brackhead they stop many times to fight monsters and undead, all these times Danya had to fight alone while Robin just watched from the top of a tree or a rock.

Danya: Can’t you just give me a hand?
Robin: I am not a fighter, I am Robin! I Steal to the rich and give to the poor..
Danya: What poor if you sell me everything you give me.
Robin: Well.. I haven’t become rich myself yet….

Danya sighs while sheathing her short blade, and looking to the sky that barely can be seen through the deep forest exclaims.

Danya: Soon you will, you are taking part of my loot and not doing anything.
Robin: Well it was you who told me to not pickpocket that lady we saw earlier, in fact you told me no to steal while we travel together. So my coins will come from you.

After a while they reach Brackhead’s Tool booth, Danya give the coins to Robin.

Danya: Go and pay the tool, I don’t want to see that Town Crier and the collectors.
Robin: Sure.

Brackhead

They arrive to Brackhead, the city is lively as always nothing much has changed in the past month. Upon entering they stop to resume what they will do. Robin put his hood back on.

Robin: So what now?
Danya: We have to find my friend Nova; he will probably be in the tavern
Robin: Fine, but remember I am a famous thief, don’t say my name.
Danya: Ok I will call you Hoodie

They start to move westward to find the tavern, many weapons are being sold here, the War is still ongoing and many soldier stops here to refit. They get to the tavern and enter. Upon entering everyone look at Danya and an uncomfortable silence begins, this last for almost 30 seconds until Danya exclaims.

Danya: OK, OK GO AHEAD!

The silence is broken by a grand round of laughs from everywhere, they time they spent laughing was greater than the silence.

Guy 1: Hahahaha look I am Danya and I have my rights!
Guy 2: Hahahahahaha go to hell priest”
Danya: Very funny guys, is enough already..

From the back of the tavern nova stands up and make the signal to Danya to approach to him. She grabs Robin by the arm and move to the back. Once there Danya signal others two adventurers to move away for private talk.

Nova: You are ratter suspicious today, who is your friend?
Danya: His name is Hoodie; we were together in the prison wagon.
Robin: Nice to meet you I heard a lot about you.
Nova: Nice to meet you Hoodie, hey girl you look stronger, have you been training.
Danya: Well I am not here to exchange equipment statistic, I have something to tell you.
Nova: Go ahead!

Danya explains all the conversation she had with the Rebel agent and what she was intended to do. Robin was with his mouth and eyes widely open amazed by the things Danya said. Nova stands up move silently to the barman ask him for a cup of ale, he get the biggest one he could get and drink it all without stop, and then he turns around, go back and sits. After taking a deep breath he recovers.

Nova: You have any idea of what you are trying to do? You will be executed if you are found out!
Danya: There are dangers everywhere, I could have been executed the other day but I am alive, I think I can be the change.
Nova: And you knew about this?

Nova looks Robin who still with mouth open moved his head in negative way.

Nova: You have to get tree recommendation to become noble, you got one from the book we got right?
Danya: Errr…nope!
Nova: We have to go and get it, I heard that Lord Maduin is the Baron of yule, we have to go there.
Danya: Ok let’s go.

Nova stands up and waves Danya to follow; Robin is still surprised and doesn’t even move a finger, at the door Danya whistles and call for him.

Danya: HEY HOODIE, COME ON!

Robin stands up and goes out as well. Outside they move to the outskirt of the city just outside the tool booth.

Danya: So what’s the plan?
Nova: We have to start walking, but I have a bad feeling about this.
Robin: This is wonderful!

Nova and Danya looks each other surprise of Robin’s recovery of the situation.

Robin: Once you are a Noblewoman my life will be solved!
Robin: As a Noble you will need vassals and since you get gold from the state you can give us gold. All you have to do is sit around and pretend while we get our pocket full, I wouldn’t need to steal again to poor, we will be Vikings we will loot regions!.
Nova: Steal?
Danya: Don’t mind him he is still shocked, let’s go
Robin: Now I am sure stick to you guys.

They head out northeast to Yule passing by Shiverwood once again and making a short stop on Jerkel before continuing.

Yule

They arrive to Yule, another of the snowy regions of the Barony, they read a sign that says “Beware with the Yetis” they continue their way until they find several fishermen.

Nova: Excuse me, where is the Lord state?
Fisherman: Why should I tell a commoner like you about our Lord residence?
Nova: We have a grace to ask from him.

The fisherman spits on the floor and responds.

Fisherman: Aim not telling you, you don’t look like a Viking to me, you should leave this place is not suited for you.
Danya: Let’s leave him alone and continue; lord states are big and easy to find.
Fisherman: Fine with me, but heed my word, the Lord is a War Hero and we are on war time it will be difficult for you to find him.

They continue walking in the cold weather until they find Dark Stone Walls that extend in a large area, they walk by the wall to find the entrance when they spot a guard accompanied by a goat that was lying down.

Guard: HALT!
Nova: Greetings I come to see the lord.
Guard: No one sees the lord without any invitation, do you have any.
Nova: No but..
Guard: Then move back from you were come from, unless you want me to throw you down the cliff.
Danya: But we nee…

The goat stands up in a menacing way; it seems that it will attack on the slightness provocation. They proceed to turn back.

Nova: Dammit we have to forget about this recommendation.
Danya: What can we do?
Nova: Well hunt monsters maybe they carry any items or….
Robin: I can get it.
Nova: Give repair services to the nobles for re…..what did you said?
Robin: Is piece of cake, enter in that mansion and take the papers, I can get it.
Danya: Are you certain.
Robin: Sure, I have been there before.
Nova: Who really are you?
Robin: Well since we are together on this we shall tell you, right?

Robin looks at Danya who agrees.

Danya: His real name is Robin, he is a thief.
Robin: I would prefer Treasure Hunter honey.
Nova: hmm I have heard, so you are that famous Thief that….
Robin: Yesss that Steal to the Rich and Give to the poor!
Nova: No I heard you get caught a lot; in fact you are the worse thief ever!
Robin: They just get me when I want….I swear…
Nova: But you are famous on something, you are a great escapist.
Danya: So a bad thief, who is goo on running and hiding, seems like a magician to me.
Nova: Well great Treasure Hunter Do your thing, remember we need a sealed manuscript
Robin: Paper and seal, got it!
Danya: Good luck Robin Hoodie!

They move away from the state, Robin takes out his cloak and puts it on, then he run to the back of the black wall and start to climb with amazing speed.

Nova: He got a nice speed, let’s retreat and wait for him to come back.

Maduin State

Is a very Cold Dark night the sky is clear so the moon shines at it maximum. Softened by the snow Robin falls to the inner yard of the state, he clings to the wall and taking advantage of the dark stone he moves to the mansion. A guard leaving the mansion begin to make his patrol route, Robin stops and Hugh the wall and doesn’t move until the guard pass, once gone he gets to the door, put his hand on his backpack and take some oil he uses so the hinges doesn’t make sound, he open the door and continue to the residence.

Robin: The easy part is done, is hard to breathe on this cold air, need to finish this job quickly.

He lies down on the floor and starts moving slowly like a lizard, in the ladder he notices two guards who are standing up there, he goes back down and think in another way, he moves to the left, looks trough the keyhole and see another empty room, inside he slowly opens a window and looks around then get outside and climbs to the second floor. There he looks through the window and see the guards, he moves to the side of the window and keep climbing to raise a level above it.

Robin: Now I have to check room by room where the Lord study is.

He moves clockwise around the borders of the roof stopping and looking down on every window he encounters after a while he finds the study and climbs down slowly, really slowly because the window face the cliff and a misstep is a travel to the sea 198 meters below. He tries to open the study’s window but won’t budge.

Robin: Dammit is really cold here and the fall would be my end, my only choice is to enter the room by the side and make my way for it. I hate these Pull Ups Windows!

He moves to the nearest room and enters, after some warming up exercise he slowly walks to the door and look through its keyhole. He sees a guard standing in front of him close to the railing. He notices that he must be one of the guards he saw before.

Robin: My only choice is to walk slowly behind their backs, the other guard is to the right I have to go there, and I am already this far, no turning back.

He puts more oil on this door than others and slowly and very cautious he opens the door, luckily the door doesn’t make any sound, and he gets out. He looks to the left and there is a door at the end of the upper balcony, he grabs the wall behind him and moves slowly to the right both of the guards are on the rail looking to the front, leaving the door where he came from open he moves to the next one. Without changing his position he uses the oil with his right hand on the door and turns the knob open the door and gets in.

Robin: Lucky! It wasn’t locked; now let’s see where the paper is.

He with the same care shut the door from inside, it was easier from this position. He then proceeds to check the desk and cabinets. When suddenly he listens to the sound of a door closing outside, he finds out some papers then slowly gets close to the door. From the left of the balcony a woman of cleaning speaks to the guard.

Maid: How come this door is open, are you trying to make my job harder.
Guard a: Never would I never do that on purpose, you treat us to delicious dinner.
Guard b: Yes no one passed through here must have been left open from earlier.
Maid: Fine guys I will continue with the study now, the dinner will be ready in a while; your share will be in the usual place.
Guard b: Thanks very much

The maid moves to the study and Robin drops the paper and tries to hide, the curtains aren’t that big and there is no bed here he runs to the window and open it from inside then he jumps in at the same time the maid opens the door. Robin grabs the lower side of the window and stays quiet.

Maid: Now..now.. Who left this paper on the floor, the Lord will be angry if he finds his study in a mess, ohm why is this window open…

The maid grab the window and slam it down smashing Robin’s fingers, he tries to contain the pain but let out a small cry, the maid turned back and got close to the window, luckily for Robin the residence’s walls are made of the same dark stone so she can’t see him thanks to the cloak, neither notice his fingers by the black gloves he had. After a while the maid leaves the room and Robin enters he sits down a while to relieve the pain on his fingers.

Robin: Once she turns into noble I will charge a lot of gold for this.

He grabs the paper again find the seal and put it on the paper he puts back the seal, it would be suspicious if disappear. Robin leaves the room by the window once again and counters clockwise moves to the outer wall. Once he drops outside he runs to the west and quickly sees from far away that Nova and Danya are fighting snow Wolves.

Cont.
(stupid 20,000 character limit)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:14:15 PM by Sonya »

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 13, 2013, 12:52:45 AM »
CHAPTER 4 - Quest For Identity
Part 2

Yule

Nova: At last you are here, what took you so long?
Robin: I AM OK…thanks for asking, I would have shown you my middle finger but is on pain right now.
Danya: Anything happened?
Robin: Everything is ok, here is the sealed paper.
Nova: Excellent! Now we need two more, why we waste time when we can enter Lord Houses and steal the papers.
Robin: Is not that easy, we must go to other places to get recommendation, otherwise will be suspicious.
Nova: Well we can take advantage of Minas Ithil’s destruction and find some sealed papers there and in the new realm.
Robin: Sounds like a plan.

Mansbridge

Three months passed since our adventurers started their Journey to find the remaining sealed papers, hardships pain, illness and despair struck our friends. (Occ: I know I was away 3 months working..Keep reading nothing to see here!)They are crossing the border by the south bridge of Mansbridge, this time with their task complete.

Robin: At last we arrived after a hard job done.
Nova: Hard job done, you didn’t even fight.
Robin: But remember I am the mind you are the muscle.
Danya: Hahahahahaha especially when you are climbing into a tree to run from monsters.
Nova: what now, also none of us have idea how to write a single thing.
Danya: Leave it to me I have an idea.
Robin Wow interesting is the first time you say that.
Danya: Just need a tankard of ale, a big one and let’s go to Shiverwood.

Nova and Robin shrugs and start walking north to the forest.

Shiverwood

Deep in the forest the rain falls, the tree adventurers stop below a group of tree to stay as dry as possible, there they talk about their next move.

Nova: So basically we get this guy drunk and he does anything we say?
Danya: He is some one that helped me when I tried to sell the book.
Robin: Can be trusted?
Danya: At least he can read….
Robin: Ohh my!

After the rain passed they resume their journey and after a while they arrive to the town, there they look for the tavern and before entering Danya ask the other two to wait outside.

Danya: This tavern is not like the one on Brackhead the barman is a pig and many unpleasant people are inside.

They both agree and Danya enters the tavern without wasting time she looks around but couldn’t find who she is looking for, at least not sitting. She check in the back and under a table is him. Worried if is alive she pokes him and he doesn’t even flick, then she grabs him by the legs and pulls him outside. There Nova and Robin look at her amazed.

Robin: Ohh my good you didn’t had to kill him!
Nova: You sure have changed, beating up a drunkard, so low.
Danya: Wait wait wait I didn’t do anything to him, he was just like that.

She pokes him around once more and he still doesn’t respond.

Robin: He sure looks dead to me.
Nova: Yup and everyone saw you pulling the body by the legs.
Danya: I didn’t do anything to him.
Robin: Is a shame we bought this Keg of Beer for nothing.

With a move that remember those of floor dancers, the scribe stands up like if nothing was happening.

Nova: The fudge?
Danya: Mathis you ok?
Mathis: Did you say Beer?
Robin: Who the hell is this guy.. First he was like dead now he is trying to grab the keg off my hands.
Mathis: Ohh it is YOU! You are late, but whatever, give me my part of the share of the book selling.
Nova: You promised this guy a share for the item you sold?
Danya: He read the buyer bulletin otherwise I wouldn’t have sold it.
Nova: Ok listen we don’t have gold, but we have a deal you can’t refuse, you will have your pocket filled with coins in no time.
Mathis: Well... as long I keep having beer like this.

He said this while finishing the keg of beer.

Robin: Ohh MY GOD! When did he…you thief!
Mathis: Ahhhhh, nice tastes like the beer of Brackhead, no doubt; so what you need me for, I see your faces are serious, let’s move to somewhere more private.
Nova: You lead.
Robin: Wasn’t he the dead guy?

They move into the forest and they start to explain Mathis the situation, he calmly understand what is going on but have his own doubts.

Mathis: Listen I know what you try to do is not easy and that there are risk, there are good things that we will receive, but also there are bad things, you get caught and we all die, is too dangerous to put my life on this task. Do you have the recommendation?
Nova: We have the papers, here.
Mathis: Papers are not enough.
Danya: But why?
Mathis: Because you are nobody…..NOBODY!
Nova: Explain clearly, isn’t the recommendation enough?
Mathis: Sure if you are an illegitimate child, but you have no family?
Danya: We are orphans from this same region.
Mathis: My point exactly, you need a family name; A name to write on the recommendations, and fill in the registry on the city hall. Without that this is destined to fail.
Man Voice: I can take care of that!

A hooded man approaches and after him a small group of men who surround the four of them. Nova grabs his sword and claims.

Nova: What kind of treachery is this?
Robin: So you knew about our plans?
Man: Of course I know about it, because this is My Plan!

The man takes off his hood and a mask is revealed, the rest of the group remain unseen.

Danya: Rebel is that you?
Rebel: Certainly, as I told you before, I have been watching you, and I see you gathered a nice team....... Excellent! this will make your job run smoothly with people you know and trust.
Mathis: So you are the one behind all this, what are you after?
Rebel: You are a bold lad.....but I like it! Danya will need a smart man who knows of words to overcome her limitations. We are the Brotherhood, we are everywhere, we see everything we do anything.
Nova: Hmm and you need us to join this Brotherhood?
Rebel: Not everyone can join, those are chosen. You will not work for the Brotherhood, we are just doing a pact, I get information and some actions from your part and you get money fame and maybe power.
Robin: Interesting keep talking..
Nova: Robin!
Rebel: The deal is simple I help Danya become Noble, you commoners will have a more pleasant life and to keep that way of living, you do me some favors, nothing much, nothing less, just a deal.

The guys look each other wondering what to say, but worried since they are surrounded by barely more or less 20 hooded men.

Nova: What if we refuse?
Rebel: Is not for you to decide, my proposition is with Danya.
Mathis: How come you accept this just like that?
Danya: What else could I do I wanted a change on life I wanted…
Robin: A better way of living? I agree and I am with you, we commoners are in danger of death any given moment.
Nova: What guarantees we have of this to work?
Mathis: None, I told you need a family name.
Rebel: Like this one?

Rebel takes some papers from his pocket and hand it to Mathis.

Mathis: This can’t be…is a proof of nobility, where you got it?
Rebel: I told you we can do anything, and get anything!
Mathis: Here says Jimenez Family, isn’t this family name of…
Rebel: The Queen of Carelia of course.
Robin: What?
Danya: Ohh my!
Mathis. What kind of nonsense is this?
Rebel: Listen, Carelia is way too far from here, Danya only have to no let her suppose relative see her, neither do I think they will come here, most of them are on other continents.
Nova: But still this is too much.
Rebel: Just do what I say, and everything will be ok, just stay in a region you know well, and avoid any event that put your name in the continental news.
Mathis: Fine, I will go register this on Brackhead’s Palace, since Shiverwood is Danya’s home will be good for her to stay close, do you agree guys.

The four commoners look each other and agree to embark on this new adventure together.

Rebel: Excellent, you Mathis will be Danya’s Scribe; you will manage the correspondence and avoid her to have direct dialog with any other noble for now
Mathis: Will do.
Rebel: Nova, your ability with the sword is good and you are close friend, so you will be Danya’s Squire, wherever she goes you go, try to teach her the way of the sword nobles are supposed to be good at it
Nova: Darn it, that means I am no longer an adventurer.
Rebel: Robin, you speed and stealth will serve greatly to the cause, you henceforth shall be Danya’s Scout.
Robin: Good so can I still pickpocket?
Rebel: Sure!
Danya: Heyy!
Robin: Neat!

Rebel gives the signal to the rest of the hooded men, and then they get close and remove their hoods, one of them has a familiar face.

Rebel: And these will be your Personal Guards.
Nova: Aren’t these your men?
Rebel: No, these are Danya’s men now, and this will be your captain, I think you have seen Gary before, right Danya.
Mathis: Hey aren’t you the militiaman of Shiverwood?
Rebel: I told you we were watching.
Gary: Is a pleasure to meet you again Danya, let’s work together to rise to the top.
Danya: I am glad to see you around Gary!

Now the time has come for Danya to become a Noble. Amazing adventures wait to these young characters, something that they will never forget.

Danya: Wow a noblewoman is like a dream!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:00:12 AM by Sonya »