Author Topic: Adventurer elevaton to Nobility adjustment  (Read 8228 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Adventurer elevaton to Nobility adjustment
« Reply #15: October 29, 2012, 10:57:55 PM »
How long did it actually take you?

A mere decade.  Enough time to brush my teeth in between. 8)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 29, 2012, 11:03:16 PM »
I remember I got some easy recommendations by repairing Unique Items. While I had an Advy for a long time and a long time back (Before equipment changes), I remember getting a recommendation from selling an Unique Item, then getting an Unique Item back to repair, which I sold to another Noble in another Realm for another recommendation. While it's pretty dangerous to do, you can get some recommendations pretty quick like that. But I guess it's a risk-reward thing.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 31, 2012, 01:20:00 AM »
I remember I got some easy recommendations by repairing Unique Items. While I had an Advy for a long time and a long time back (Before equipment changes), I remember getting a recommendation from selling an Unique Item, then getting an Unique Item back to repair, which I sold to another Noble in another Realm for another recommendation. While it's pretty dangerous to do, you can get some recommendations pretty quick like that. But I guess it's a risk-reward thing.
Hmm, I have adventurer on EC island previously and recently I have a new adventurer on Atamara island. To draw a comparison between islands and maybe the realms where my adventurers are at. Hope my feedback below help.

East Continent island
My character Brock started in Fontan realm. Repairing Unique Items and creating new Unique Items easily gain him enough Recommendations to rise up to become Noble. If I am not mistaken, at that time, only 2 or 3 Recommendations were required. He was beaten by Nobles to a pulp on the streets, thrown into his own realm prison. All for breaking Nobles Unique Items that he could not repair in time. Most of the time Items damage percentage was already very high. As he lacked one last Recommendation to become a Noble, he was helping other realm to repair an Unique Item. Unfortunately the other realm Unique Item also lost to damage time. Finally I had an idea to go and create another new Unique Item to replace the other realm Noble lost Unique Item.

Atamara island
My character Oak started in Minas Ithil realm. He still an adventurer today but with only one Recommendation for creating an Unique Item which he sold to MI realm. Although he has found many Unique Items, seems MI realm does not have gold to purchase them :D
And so he left MI to join Darka realm, the richest realm that can offer him gold and perhaps Recommendation :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

House Talratheon

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 31, 2012, 05:05:22 PM »
How long did it actually take you?

1-2 months definitely less than 3, fairly fast in the wide scope of things by selling and repairing unique items and that was delayed due to a noble not knowing how to give a recommendation.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 31, 2012, 05:20:23 PM »

1-2 months definitely less than 3, fairly fast in the wide scope of things by selling and repairing unique items and that was delayed due to a noble not knowing how to give a recommendation.

I once found three unique items in less than a month.

Then they were all stolen when I got caught in a monster prison on Beluaterra.

Then it took me six months to find another set of three... :-(

Overall, I would say it's not overly hard to find three uniques. It's long, and it's risky, but if you are prepared for that you can achieve it, and skill does not enter the equation much.

Whether you will get recommendations out of these three uniques is a completely different questions.

After all it's a roleplaying game.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 31, 2012, 09:40:28 PM »
once upon a time when i played double advy... i can say that back when, doing it as a group (of 2 anyway) sped things up a lot - because you actually have the hours to do the later "lvl"s instead of having the hunts disappear on you at turn change or what not.
firefox

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: November 01, 2012, 05:39:01 PM »
I'd change the feature request it so that a Lord needs to approve, not a King. You become a Knight after all, so the oath-swearing should be part of it.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

bluexmas

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: November 06, 2012, 02:59:45 AM »
I think the idea to have a Lord accept the commoner's oath to become nobility is a great piece of role-playing that wouldn't make it functionally more difficult to become a noble if that is one's goal. I've been playing an adventurer for a few months in-game and have a couple recommendations. I feel like the process right now depends a good deal on luck, and so will vary between players. However, I think the time and effort currently required is enough that it seems like a real achievement but not so much that it isn't worth trying.
The Finsternis family welcomes you.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: November 06, 2012, 08:27:30 AM »
a noble doesn't have to be a knight (noble with estate). you are changing class to a noble.
firefox