Author Topic: Realm control or Morale?  (Read 3511 times)

Zakilevo

Realm control or Morale?
« Topic Start: April 05, 2011, 12:59:27 AM »
Is it better to raise the realm control from province to main

or is it better to up the morale of the region before raising the realm control?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Realm control or Morale?
« Reply #1: April 05, 2011, 01:05:28 AM »
Realm control first
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #2: April 05, 2011, 01:10:24 AM »
Which region? It makes a difference sometimes how the locals view your realm. The solution I would always suggest is both. Yep, how convenient.

But it's true, if you want a newly acquired region (Judging by your avatar I will assume you are asking about Braga) to regain stats faster, you'll need a concerted combo effort. Full estate coverage, knights of that region with police units doing normal police work, courtiers surveying admin, diplomats praising realm, heroes telling tales, lords/judges holding courts. Sounds involved, sure, but in a realm like Sirion, there is bound to be at least one courtier with free time, and one diplomat with nothing better to do than praise the realm. And if a lord asks his knights to perform some police work in their region, they better do it, or risk getting the boot.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 05, 2011, 01:14:55 AM »
Which region? It makes a difference sometimes how the locals view your realm. The solution I would always suggest is both. Yep, how convenient.

But it's true, if you want a newly acquired region (Judging by your avatar I will assume you are asking about Braga) to regain stats faster, you'll need a concerted combo effort. Full estate coverage, knights of that region with police units doing normal police work, courtiers surveying admin, diplomats praising realm, heroes telling tales, lords/judges holding courts. Sounds involved, sure, but in a realm like Sirion, there is bound to be at least one courtier with free time, and one diplomat with nothing better to do than praise the realm. And if a lord asks his knights to perform some police work in their region, they better do it, or risk getting the boot.

Very true. But if you have limited man power and just need to hold onto the region until other resources can join you, Realm Control has in my experience the greatest effect in preventing a rebellion.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #4: April 05, 2011, 01:19:46 AM »
I suppose that means harsh courts then? I've never really been a fan of doing harsh courts too much, because generally normal police work with a good-sized unit led by a knight or lord of the region works about as well, with often less negative effects on region morale.

However, if in fact you are the lord and you are all alone, with no unit, then you can alternate harsh and just if you're not a courtier or diplomat. If you are, then you can alternate harsh and survey and/or praise (C/D and C/A is perfectly good combo).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 05, 2011, 01:24:34 AM »
Harsh courts are a great way to get rapid control gains when you first take a region. Chances are the other stats are so bad that the consequences of the courts is not that imporantant, and that combined with police work will quickly get you to core. I suppose this is important in the first few turns of taking a region, since this is when I generally see the region rebel. If you make it past this point, Harsh Courts should no longer be required.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 05, 2011, 03:46:21 AM »
Raise realm control, but never at the expense of morale.  Not unless morale is already as low as it can possibly get.

Do not hang rebels.

Do not conduct raids.

Normal police work and civil work until loyalty is above Hateful, which should let you hold courts.  That will get you a region that you can stabilize. Sure, it'll take a bit longer to get control to Core...but you won't have to retake the region four times because its peasants all hate you with a fiery passion.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: April 05, 2011, 04:00:55 AM »
woops, I kinda arrested rebels for a day lol that dropped the morale from 18 to 0. Hmm  :-\

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 05, 2011, 09:35:35 AM »
Do not hang rebels.

I still remember the IRC conversation about that one. Think my mind mentally blocks that 'Orders' from my veiw now just in case you're around  :P
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 05, 2011, 12:18:45 PM »
Raise realm control, but never at the expense of morale.  Not unless morale is already as low as it can possibly get.

Do not hang rebels.

Do not conduct raids.

Normal police work and civil work until loyalty is above Hateful, which should let you hold courts.  That will get you a region that you can stabilize. Sure, it'll take a bit longer to get control to Core...but you won't have to retake the region four times because its peasants all hate you with a fiery passion.

It all depends on the plans for the region. If you want to restore it sooner or later, then indeed follow Delvin's suggestions but be prepared to put there quite some manpower.

If you want to keep it just to harm the enemy, and are not really interested in pinning down troops to restore it, go harsh and it will remain under control for a while then inevitably revolt. This is what happened/is happening in Negev.