Author Topic: Capital Moves  (Read 3110 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Capital Moves
« Topic Start: October 29, 2012, 07:08:30 PM »
You cannot move your capital while either the old capital or the new capital are being attacked, or the site of battles or unrest. If you are running a TO in a capital, then the target realm cannot move their capital until the TO succeeds or is defeated. I think there's some unspecified waiting period (a few turns) after you regain control before you can move it. Or maybe it's just once you stop getting the appropriate messages in the region report.

Wait, couldn't Realms move their Capital during the Daimon Invasion even if there was 'unrest', but at a penalty?

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Capital Moves
« Reply #1: October 30, 2012, 12:16:16 AM »
Also notice how the war protests have ruined aurvandil thing was responded to by haha your taxes are too high and you need more diplomats deal with it, but when astrum have morale problems while trying to attack at the far side of a CONTINENT the response is oh noes! this is a problem we must look into it immediately..

No.

The devs have not made one single change in code to address Astrum's complaint that troop morale drops far too quickly with distance. On the contrary, the devs have made a code change so that war protests have a far less impact on a region's health.

As I said before Aurvandil could easly raise enough to annihilate a capital very quickly, as could the Astroists. Moving capitals takes time and money and even so they've probably just lost there best region if the capital requires moving. Knowing Tom i'd also bet there are adverse affects to capital moves expecially during a TO and worser effects of loosing a capital. And navies have no scout reports, you only know they arrive once they arrive.

Yes.

This is not some hidden feature. A realm suffers discontent, especially at the former capital, during capital movements. Again, this is not a hidden feature.

egamma

« Reply #2: October 30, 2012, 02:54:29 AM »
It is however... A feature i've never tested...

D'Hara's capital move was unpleasant--what with half of our regions starving and revolting--but not terrible. Doing it while under attack would be significantly more trouble, I imagine. I think we also took pains to make sure all of our region lords were in their regions, taxes were lowered somewhat, etc.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 30, 2012, 02:55:50 AM »
D'Hara's capital move was unpleasant--what with half of our regions starving and revolting--but not terrible. Doing it while under attack would be significantly more trouble, I imagine. I think we also took pains to make sure all of our region lords were in their regions, taxes were lowered somewhat, etc.

Yea. We compensated. I know I had to lower Paisly's taxes considerably.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 30, 2012, 02:57:47 AM »
The few times I remember moving capitals, we sent lords and knights to their regions to wait for the move. Once everyone was in place, we moved the capital. It still took us a couple days to recover. I can only imagine how bad it would be to do this in the middle of a war.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #5: October 30, 2012, 03:01:00 AM »
Yea. We compensated. I know I had to lower Paisly's taxes considerably.

I meant the move from Port Raviel to Qubel Lighthouse, but it is good to have the confirmation from the lord of the former capital.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 30, 2012, 03:05:15 AM »
I meant the move from Port Raviel to Qubel Lighthouse, but it is good to have the confirmation from the lord of the former capital.

Qubel Lighthouse was never our capital...?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #7: October 30, 2012, 03:30:01 AM »
Qubel Lighthouse was never our capital...?

What is Dhara's current capital, right now?

egamma

« Reply #8: October 30, 2012, 03:39:34 AM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Move_Capital

I created a wiki page, can everyone contribute? I'm not sure if that's a fixed cost, or if I even remember it correctly, for starters.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 30, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »
What is Dhara's current capital, right now?

Holy crap.

I guess it makes total sense, but I was gone while it all happened.

I just noticed today where our new capital was. XD