Author Topic: Tournament in Ozrat...  (Read 19839 times)

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament in Ozrat...
« Reply #30: November 17, 2012, 09:32:19 PM »
I feel your pain.  I remember when I had to give up playing BM a number of years ago, and I've recently had to give up playing one of my other characters, at least for now.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: November 17, 2012, 10:14:09 PM »
You're assuming that Arella/Aenilia was the only person Jenred had discussed that with and received a positive response from (aside from the colony, which was a given).  That's a very interesting assumption.

Hopefully, at some point I will finally be able to freaking move and have the time to play power-politics on the FEI again.  Rebuilding all of those connections will obviously take time and probably be impossible in some cases [...]  I anticipated the next big war after that would either destroy the empire or bring the entire continent under it.

Timing was everything, at least for Arella. You could still give her a religious nudge in a similar direction, but the imminent threat would be more localized and er... human.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: November 18, 2012, 12:27:23 AM »
You're assuming that Arella/Aenilia was the only person Jenred had discussed that with and received a positive response from (aside from the colony, which was a given).  That's a very interesting assumption.

Not really an assumption that you only talked to Arella, more ignorance on my part on who you did talk to. I didn't pay much attention to the global stuff in the Far East until fairly recently. Most of the time Jenred was in power, my Far East character was really focused on his plans locally within Soliferum. The rest of the Far East only concerned him as far as keeping his religious domain protected.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: November 18, 2012, 03:10:32 AM »
Timing was everything, at least for Arella. You could still give her a religious nudge in a similar direction, but the imminent threat would be more localized and er... human.

Timing is everything with all of this, as well as a judicious use of both carrots and sticks.  Whether Jenred will be in a position to offer either when I come back is highly in doubt, especially given how much Arcaea's internal politics have changed even from what I've just seen on the forums, and how much bad feeling remains about his attempted treaty with Arcachon.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: November 23, 2012, 04:37:33 PM »
It would be fun to see Jenred return and "fight" with Velax for the throne of the Arcaean Empire, which they'd also need to build. Persuade Sorraine to join (what to do with religion), or will you take them out? Same for GA and maybe even Cathay.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: November 23, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »
It would be a pretty tough fight. Jenred had a lot of loyalty but there are now a lot of nobles who never served under him.

Of course I hope it happens anyway. :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: November 23, 2012, 05:10:26 PM »
Not to mention Jenred's finall meltdown pissed off a lot of people.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Hroppa

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: November 24, 2012, 05:12:27 PM »
Wait, they'd have to build a new throne? What happened to the cool old one with the skulls of Jenred's enemies on it?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: November 25, 2012, 06:16:13 AM »
I think he meant that the Arcaean Empire needs to be built, not the throne.

A fight between Jenred and Velax isn't impossible, but I don't think it's likely.  They had their differences, but Velax was one of Jenred's handpicked successors, after all.  Not to mention that the amount of damage the fight would cause would likely cripple any chance either of them could accomplish anything of worth afterwards.  Besides...The two of them working together would be much more intriguing.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: November 25, 2012, 06:23:59 AM »
Lokenth feels really loyal to Jenred still. Jenred gave him a chance, and direction, when no one else would. Velax invited him into his house even though he was a [literally] stinking, dirty commoner, gave him wine and food and treated him like a guest. He'd be hard-pressed to have to choose between them. Though he is a knight now, and that oath of fealty and sense of honor does strange things to a man.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: November 29, 2012, 11:46:41 AM »
Jenred may better speed up, the Arcaean Empire has been formed...
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: November 30, 2012, 07:13:30 AM »
Jenred may better speed up, the Arcaean Empire has been formed...

Unfortunately, real life is dictating my pace at this point, and it's not favourable to BM.

Fortunately, despite how amusing it might be, I don't see any particular reason Jenred and Velax need to fight, and if Velax can pull it off, more power to him.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: November 30, 2012, 07:39:48 AM »
Wait, they'd have to build a new throne? What happened to the cool old one with the skulls of Jenred's enemies on it?

That throne was moved to Talex, with Jenred and Edara. Didn't really feel right to sit on a throne with the skulls of someone else's enemies.

As awesome as a battle for the control of Arcaea would be, I don't think it'd be to anyone's benefit in the long term, aside from the enemies of Arcaea.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: November 30, 2012, 07:47:05 AM »
That throne was moved to Talex, with Jenred and Edara. Didn't really feel right to sit on a throne with the skulls of someone else's enemies.

I'm sure Velax won't mind building his own, starting with the shattered remnants of the Arcachonian throne and working up from there.  The number of skulls Jenred and Edara managed to accumulate continues to astonish me, though Conan and Moses pausing before they could be caught and executed was such a shame.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: November 30, 2012, 08:03:19 AM »
Not many of the prominent Arcachonians actually died, though. Most paused, emigrated or moved to Ohnar West. They did execute a few of their own nobles during the rebellions, but they were mostly nobodies. I could always have Shinya dug up. Think it'd piss off the Way of the Dragon people if I dug up one of their saints and took his skull?