Author Topic: New members requiring approval?  (Read 14102 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: New members requiring approval?
« Reply #15: June 15, 2013, 04:38:53 AM »
The forum has a spambot account filter that catches a few new account signups each day, and holds them in limbo. I cross-reference the registered e-mails of these "limbo-fied" accounts to the player database. If the address registered with the forum matches the address registered for an active game family, then I approve and activate the forum account. If not, then I generally ignore them as spammers.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 16, 2013, 01:01:27 PM »
So I'm assuming you did not find the email with the description I gave. However now I have his email adress and will send it to both of you : )

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 17, 2013, 12:09:14 PM »
So, any headway?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 17, 2013, 02:11:26 PM »
So, any headway?

That email doesn't show up on either the forum or the game's list of pending members.

He may need to try again, so we can approve him. Or be more specific about exactly what error he's getting.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 18, 2013, 02:18:19 AM »
I'm fairly certain I deleted the pending forum account after the associated game account had no family, and then disappeared altogether.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 18, 2013, 02:32:23 AM »
Well he had made a game account, but it didn't work so he tried making a forum account to find out why and as Indirik said, it was deleted, and he says (to me) he has given up for now but might try again later. I've linked him this topic anyway.