Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf XIII: The Heaven Falls Upon Us!  (Read 69057 times)

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
Well guys, from so far I have read, I conclude the following and I have some silly questions to ask about forum games where no game mechanics (software) is used.

There are two opposite sides. Each side votes. Whoever gets highest vote from both sides gets killed. Someone standing alive in last will win.

Now, my questions are:
1. How much do people know in the beginning? Does everyone know who is what or is it a secret and revealed slowly?

2. What has roleplay and voting to do with pretending and lies? If I am on one side, then people already know that I will vote against opposition.

3. If people vote and kill each other one by one, then where is the strategy part? It looks to me like mindless shooting (voting) where both sides shoot (vote) at each other till second last man is killed?

4. What does it matter if I vote someone today or tomorrow? Suppose I don't like someone, then I will vote for him/her first. How will it affect the game for me?

In short, teach me play before Monday. You have whole Sunday to do this ;D

Fury

Now, my questions are:
1. How much do people know in the beginning? Does everyone know who is what or is it a secret and revealed slowly?
The bad guys (in red) will probably know each other.

2. What has roleplay and voting to do with pretending and lies? If I am on one side, then people already know that I will vote against opposition.
RP is for flavour. A future game (after this one) will use RP for game mechanics.

3. If people vote and kill each other one by one, then where is the strategy part? It looks to me like mindless shooting (voting) where both sides shoot (vote) at each other till second last man is killed?
Look for voting patterns, like who are ganging up to vote on others all the time. Votesniping, voting at the last moment just before deadline to change the lynch is another bad guy giveaway. Look to see who's argument is weak or suspicious. Also, those who try not to say much and stay under the radar in the hopes of not getting voted. This are all bad guy signs (but not always).

4. What does it matter if I vote someone today or tomorrow? Suppose I don't like someone, then I will vote for him/her first. How will it affect the game for me?
It's against the rules (as stated) to bring in alliances or grudges from previous games or IRL.

In short, teach me play before Monday. You have whole Sunday to do this ;D
Done!  ;)

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
That was nice help. Now we move to next set of questions, dealing with actual action.

1. When the game starts, I presume that a role will be given to me. Do I have to reveal my role to anyone through personal messages or role plays? (How does revealing or keeping secret the role affect the game?)

2. Can I contact my team-mates (i.e. my side players) through PMs and decide on voting?

3. Are there any chances of getting killed in friendly fire? (Suppose I vote for someone and he turns out to be my team-mate? Is it possible at all?)

Fury

That was nice help. Now we move to next set of questions, dealing with actual action.

1. When the game starts, I presume that a role will be given to me. Do I have to reveal my role to anyone through personal messages or role plays? (How does revealing or keeping secret the role affect the game?)
Roles will usually be given just before game starts. You can reveal it to anyone however you want. Pros, you can form a team. Cons, if you have an important role you make yourself a target for the bad guys.

2. Can I contact my team-mates (i.e. my side players) through PMs and decide on voting?
Sure, just be sure they actually are your team-mates. If you know someone is a bad guy you can even pretend you don't know to lull them into a false sense of security.

3. Are there any chances of getting killed in friendly fire? (Suppose I vote for someone and he turns out to be my team-mate? Is it possible at all?)
Happens all the time. Especially in the early stages when the sage hasn't scanned many people.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
One thing you must remember. Never ever reveal you are the good side Seer on the forum. I died as a Seer in my first Werewolf game here :(

Seer
In order to play the good side Seer well, you must scan one of the players hereby send your Scan order to GM. This is done via PM the GM.
When GM give you your scan order result(good guy or bad guy) should you survive the day lynching, you can now inform the good guy that you have scanned him or her. Then you can build up your little growing Justice League, full of scanned good villagers. Or if you find a bad guy, you can ask your scanned guy to reveal on forum, on your behalf. Tell him or her that this information coming from the Seer.
Also beware of the Cursed trait one, they will be turned from good villagers to bad villagers. This can be notice through No-Hunt night when Werewolf doing hunting.
If someone contact you saying he is the Seer, the chance he is Seer is usually 90%. Thus far, no bad guy ever play as Seer unless the bad guys have already killed the good side Seer, and able pretend as one 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Werewolf
You are Werewolf? Great, now you can kill the person who talk and analyse a lot on the forum.
But be careful not to reveal you are Werewolf.
Usually at the beginning of the game, you know your Werewolf partner.
Working together, you come out and propose name of the person to be hunt that night.
If you lucky and hit the Cursed, you have another person join your side(usually is good villager who does not know they are cursed).
And if you are most lucky, you can target and kill the good side Seer.
Try kill the Seer, otherwise the Seer will find out who you are(through its scan order). The Seer will convince all the village to kill Werewolf. The longer the Seer alive, the more people he or she scanned. And the more you in danger of being scanned.

Good Villager
Try not to be mistaken as Werewolf when you post on forum.
Too quiet on forum, people will suspect you are using "under the radar" strategy.
Too loud and too much analysis, people will believe you are good villager. The chance is 50-50.
A balance between both is preferred.
Try analyse on your own and do not depend on other people analysis. Sometime Werewolf has been known trying to use analysis to influence the villagers to lynch voting someone they like to be kill.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
As usual, it's enough that one is busy for a couple days to come back and see that everyone was partying in GM's absence  :P Well, I'll try my best to catch with everything. Let's go!

By the way, why you name our NPC as Jasmine? Any special meaningful thingie? :D
Take your grubby paws off of her Ketchum. She's mine!

Do you think I could have obtained this reaction with an NPC called Sevastian?  ;D I knew from the start that I wanted a female NPC, and the name is Jasmine because it's the first good name that I came up to. For some reason I could not stop thinking about Nanael, but I definitely not wanted to have a name for NPC related to angels. Jasmine sounded hot good enough, hence the reason  ;)

I bag the Angelic Mythological Seer Demon.

I'm thinking about manipulating the roles handout process to let you have it. Just to see how you handle the fact of doubly wanting to kill yourself and at the same time having as sole objective your survival  :o

D'Espana. What can we do if the person we scan die? Can we do a Backup scan or hunt order just in case our first scan or hunt target die? ???

I may change my mind before the start, but I'm thinking about not allowing it. As it is, the hunt is the last thing to happen in the night, even after the scans, so it makes little sense from my point of view. Choosing well your scan targets is essential. Of course, you may try to persuade me  8)

Hi ! Can I join? or is it too late? :-[

Sure you can! Welcome to the game. I see you have already read the rules and all that, and also see you are being taught by the more experienced players. Listen to what they say, they know what this all is about!

Considering that the Vatican is an enclave within Rome (Dan Brown, Angels & Demons), sinister coincidence?  ???

I now see 2 new familiar names and take credit for bringing 2 new players.  ;D

Who knows...  :P And thanks then for the recruitment, Fury. I'll give you some cookies for that  :D

One thing you must remember. Never ever reveal you are the good side Seer on the forum. I died as a Seer in my first Werewolf game here :(

Hey! We thought you were a baddie playing the fooling card! It was not our fault! ;D

I think that's all, but if not, you just have to bring whatever it is to my attention. Oh, and this afternoon, besides posting some pre-events, I'll also review the Mythological Seer role. As it is it's not as powerful as I wanted, so I'll possibly give him the ability to dodge death one time or something like that. Just in case, you know  8)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:17:58 AM by D'Espana »
D'Espana Family

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
Thanks for the help Fury and Ketchum :-*

I am ready to make my noob debut

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Preliminary Events

Another day goes on in the human world. The clouds form a thick layer which, though not blocking completely the sun, fills everything with a ghostly appearance. The very same air seems to be heavy, as if anticipating a storm, and there is some sort of uncomfortable chill. However, the locals don’t seem to notice it in the slightest, something understandable when taking into account that it has remained exactly in that fashion for ten thousand years.

The closure of the Heaven Gate and the Netherworld Portal has been mostly forgotten, a few memories of it surviving because of the existence of the Demons, which lead the efforts to break the seal over the Netherworld Portal. They promised to the humans, now thousands of years ago, that if they gained their full powers by opening the connection to their mother plane they would be able to grant any wish without consuming the soul of the petitioner. And, since that moment, vast legions of their followers have been performing rituals, always in the sake of what seems to be a perfect deal.

But neither Demons nor their acolytes have noticed that the Netherworld Portal is not the only dimensional connection affected by the rituals. And that is something that the Church, a secret organization encompassing humans who negate the Demons and worship the Angels, has predicted and perceived.

In one of the isolated settlements of the Church, the sacred weapons are being blessed and the holy relics prepared. The two most eminent members of the village, who have been training for this moment during their whole lives, kneel in front of the village chief, and receive his last sermon and their combat gear with only a fleeting blink in their cold eyes and stale face. Later on, they part towards their destiny, vanishing as shadows in the surrounding mist. Once they have done so, the rest of the Church members prepare their own ritual, which will hopefully give the last hit to the seal and break it to pieces.

The Angels, for their part, are ready. They know what is going to happen, and their whole army is waiting for it in complete silence, all of them forming in front of the Heaven Gate. They can perfectly feel the closure being lifted, little by little, and they are more than eager to leave the Heaven for the first time in ten thousand years. They want revenge… and they will have it soon. Very soon.

Ignorant of all this events, the human race continues its comfortable existence, some making rituals for the Demons and some others enjoying the beauty, power, money or women that they had obtained when selling their souls. The Demons, completely focused on the Netherworld Portal and fulfilling the human wishes, are also alien to what is about to happen. Poor fools…

Finally, at midday, all the accumulated tension bursts and the impossible happens. A huge thunder marks the start of it all, and all the demon worshippers and their lords look at the sky, some surprised, some afraid. Suddenly, a terrible typhoon comes to life, taking both human and Demons with it and sending them flying in all directions. The ritual circles are torn apart by the fury of the elements, and the chaos spreads everywhere as everyone tries to save their lives by hiding in whatever shelter they can find.

In the middle of the devastation, something happens, bringing even further terror to everyone: the clouds start to lift for the first time in ten thousand years, and the sun rays, the brightest nightmare that one can possibly imagine, make their way to the ground. But the worst thing of it all is neither the typhoon nor the sun: in the inside of the breach in the clouds, some movement can be seen, and the first waves of Angels start crossing from their plane to the human world.

Everyone still alive was thinking that they were all doomed. The Angels were back, and they had not the strength to oppose them after living hedonistically for millenniums. Not even the Demons could match them, being trapped outside of their own dimension. However, not all the hope was lost…

As soon as the first thunder had made its appearance, some Demons and their acolytes had run for the nearby caverns, and hided there from the typhoon. Immediately after being safe, they started another ritual, though completely different than the usual sort: this was not for opening paths, but for closing them, and reinforcements were made in the ritual to strengthen its power. For it, everyone participating in it sacrificed their lives, bursting in flames as their energy was consumed in the ceremony.

It had not the same strength of the one of the wise men, now ten thousand years ago, but it was enough to make an emergency temporary seal. The typhoon stopped right there, and the Angels, feeling that the Heaven Gate was closing once again, tried to return to their plane or make it to the exit quickly, so as to avoid dying in the closure.

Another huge thunder echoed, and the clouds took over the sky as they used to do. The only difference was the devastated landscape, the fear in the heart of the demon worshippers and two little beams of light, falling from the sky and crashing with the ground at some miles of the epicenter of the catastrophe.

A week after the incident, a group of figures climbs the last meters and reaches the sanctuary on top of the mountain. The building, old enough for losing its origin in the trails of time, remains exactly as it was left, untouched by man or beast in all these years. The group enters the ancient structure, closing the door behind them. It is in that moment when a young woman takes off her coat, walking in front of all the rest.

- My brothers, you already know why we are here. A week ago, the Heaven Gate was opened, and many lives were lost because of that. Thanks to the sacrifice of our brothers and some of our beloved demon lords, it has been closed again. But…

She looks to all the presents with a serious gesture, her hands on her generous hips. Her black hair is spread over her voluptuous body, and her green eyes pierce everyone as she speaks.

- The seal is not permanent. In fact, it will disappear in less than a month. For that reason, we have come here: the most notable sanctuary of our faith. Here, we will perform the needed ritual for reinforcing the seal of the Heaven Gate, and we will remove the barrier of the Netherworld Portal so as not to let this happen again. So, let’s prepare ourselves, brothers, for tomorrow we shall start our work!

Everyone starts speaking, mostly about rumors of this expedition. They were in charge of sealing properly the Heaven Gate, but for that a Demon was needed. Did that mean that there was one amongst them already? It was said that since Demons lost their powers they resembled normal humans until they used their powers, but that did not dissuaded them for making wild guesses. Was it the attractive woman that gave the speech? Possibly, since she seemed to be in charge. Or was it another one of the crowd, trying to stay undetected? But if so, why? They were all demon worshippers… right?

What nobody notices, though, is the mischievous glance between four of the gathered. Looking at their respective couples, they nod, and once the assembled disperse themselves all over the sanctuary they also imitate the rest. Talk, eat and drink, fool mortals… as tomorrow might be too late.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:47:41 AM by D'Espana »
D'Espana Family

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
You may now engage in trash talk and all that. Remember that no votes or orders will be accepted until the NPC dies. Players may still enter or leave the game until night 0, which will happen this afternoon, at some time around 8 pm (BM time) I have also reviewed the Mythological Seer role, and now he can dodge death during a whole day of his choice (he has to order it)

Please consult again the player list in page one and notify me if I have missed someone or the other way around. You may do the same for any question or whatever it is. So, fasten your seat belts, ladies, because this is about to take off!
D'Espana Family

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
4 baddies  :o

And when are roles assigned?  :D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Fury

VOTE young woman with generous hips what takes off her pettipretty coat  ::)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Sir Leon, the Knight of Camelot is waiting...

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
VOTE young woman with generous hips what takes off her pettipretty coat  ::)

Hands off, or I'll chomp em off! Jasmines mine :D

Vote Fury.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Fury

Order:
Scan Jasmine...

Hmmm. I like what I see.  8)