Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf XI: The Thing Attacks  (Read 94975 times)

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf XI: The Thing Attacks
« Reply #360: November 07, 2012, 04:15:33 PM »
haha, the odds are way against the good guys. At least we did managed to get rid of 2 sides of the agents and wasn't as lucky on the last one :p
What's the special ability of the Thing anyway?

Fury

« Reply #361: November 07, 2012, 04:28:42 PM »
Originally, the Thing's special ability was to 'play dead', 'play possum' which is in the research. Then Zaki said he didn't get any PM telling him about it and DK started burning bodies and since the Thing was adaptable, the special ability was changed to infect someone. DK had this last research:

The limited scientific anaylses of the creature's cells by humans and 80's computer software has indicated that the organism's cellular structure is unlike any other life form native to the planet Earth. In observations of infected human biomass, the alien shape of the Things' cells reveal their true nature by swiftly capturing and absorbing host cells, which are then flawlessly imitated by the attacking alien cell. Presumably, each cell acts as a module for transformation and as a neuron for data processing and memory (the U.S. station's computer likened the creature's cells to viruses), as the creature can develop parts of anatomy from any creature previously assimilated; for example, a large, tooth-filled maw or eyestalks.

Though the creature can force the biomass of an assimilated host to expand to a maximum size relative to its own fuel and energy reserves, it cannot generate mass that exceeds that limit. Examples of this include the actions of the "kennel Thing", which attempted to assimilate and imitate the other dogs, quickly transforming into a boiling mass of flesh and random body parts. In the confines of the dogshed it also deployed a green gelatinous spray at a particular dog, the exact purpose of which is unknown but was possibly a slower method of infection. The spray itself could also be digestive in nature as if seems to melt off the dogs' fur (not seen directly, but in corpse).

Just prior to its torching, it even generated what appeared to be a ranged weapon (not dissimilar to the one it used on the Norwegian base) out of a dozen dog tongues and teeth, known better as the Flesh Flower. This was employed as a defensive mechanism, especially when the creature is in a state in which it is highly vulnerable, such as the attempted assimilation of multiple host organisms. An additional possibility is that could accumulate the biomass of multiple victims into a unified mass serving as a means to either keep warm or as a method self-preservation.

Actually, the Thing only managed 2 kills.

Arundel the Escape Artist / Scientist is attacked and killed
D'Espana the Mercenary / Psychologist is attacked and killed

The humans took care of the rest.  ;)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #362: November 07, 2012, 04:30:09 PM »
I don't know why Ketchum voted against me though. How did DK psycho you to vote against your most trusted ally since the start of the game? Hahha. Sorry i lied to you from the start though. I was never a psychologist. I had to lied to get someone on my side early on and Fury played along with me. :p
The reason why I voted against you is because of your lie 8)
I just realize I been sharing all my scan results with you, and assuming you are really a psychologist, you did not share any in return. Heh 8)

No problem, no harm done in early stages your lie will make me stick together with you, on your side.
But when it reach middle and ending stage of the game, that is where everything unfold.

About DK, although I thought he has been Recruited Agent, I assume that we still have enough time for our good guys side.
As I thought DK recruited by Velax the Agent, not Lefanis.
Lefanis move to recruit DK is quite brilliant on his part, I admit.
We should have get rid of all the Agents that have been identified early on, before we face the Thing. This is where I done some mistakes by set my Protect order on Lefanis the Agent.

Do all of you Agents know how we identify the Agents who are there at the start of the Thing game?
Sonya PM D'Espana and me about she being Interrogator shortly before her death.
When she dies, her Agent role is revealed but not her other role.
So when Lefanis and Velax shows their Interrogator role card and play it, we the good guys immediately got the Agent vibes ;D
Gotta thank Sonya for that :)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

DK

• Noble Lord
  • Nothing is greater than GreaterHaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #363: November 07, 2012, 04:50:22 PM »
Originally, the Thing's special ability was to 'play dead', 'play possum' which is in the research. Then Zaki said he didn't get any PM telling him about it and DK started burning bodies and since the Thing was adaptable, the special ability was changed to infect someone. DK had this last research:

Actually, the Thing only managed 2 kills.

Arundel the Escape Artist / Scientist is attacked and killed
D'Espana the Mercenary / Psychologist is attacked and killed

The humans took care of the rest.  ;)

I had to, my research did said they are scared of fire and would die from it (don't ask me for the reports, I already deleted it). And go humans! 8)

Seriously, Trust No One, Suspect Everyone was the HARDEST CLUE. Velax and Lefanis interrogate me, just for the sole purpose of whether they want to reveal their information to me. And because of the title clue, I was scared that Ketchum is The Thing early on cause he was the first to approach me. But I have  to say kudos to Lefanis, seriously. He told Velax that he is The Thing to buy some time, truly an amazing tactic  8) Could be used in the future, hohohoho.....

Fury

« Reply #364: November 07, 2012, 04:54:19 PM »
One of Zaki's orders:

INVESTIGATE THING'S APPEARANCE

This is what I tell him:  ;D
The Thing looks EXACTLY like YOU.

This information can be freely shared

He told Velax that he is The Thing to buy some time, truly an amazing tactic  8)
Hey, I didn' know this.  :o

Fury

« Reply #365: November 07, 2012, 05:10:41 PM »
After Richard Leonecouer escapes the bathroom, Lefanis ransacks his room. Hidden underneath a pile of PlayAlien magazines replete with Xenomorphs in varying degrees of disgusting poses, is a book:

Now I know where the question on UFO Religionists came from.  ;D

Today, you wake up and this is what you see in the mirror:

You are now the Thing / Psychologist / Escape Artist

Rules for the Thing will now apply to you.

DK

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #366: November 07, 2012, 05:14:28 PM »
I think once The Thing dies, we should name those who became infected called The Infected. I get easily confuses  :o

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #367: November 07, 2012, 06:00:09 PM »
The reason why I voted against you is because of your lie 8)
I just realize I been sharing all my scan results with you, and assuming you are really a psychologist, you did not share any in return. Heh 8)

No problem, no harm done in early stages your lie will make me stick together with you, on your side.
But when it reach middle and ending stage of the game, that is where everything unfold.

About DK, although I thought he has been Recruited Agent, I assume that we still have enough time for our good guys side.
As I thought DK recruited by Velax the Agent, not Lefanis.
Lefanis move to recruit DK is quite brilliant on his part, I admit.
We should have get rid of all the Agents that have been identified early on, before we face the Thing. This is where I done some mistakes by set my Protect order on Lefanis the Agent.

Hah, but why would you suspected me since I lied to you at the start of the game when Zaki is still the Thing. Doh! Me not being a psychologist doesn't mean anything in the end.
And i did tell you guys that i suspected DK is up to something and possibly an agent. Although it wasn't till we got Penchant, but he was always suspected. If you vote Lefanis with me, we might have a chance. Lolz. Oh well... You know we would had gone after DK after that and that leaves only you, me and Richard - who also went disappeared suddenly.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #368: November 07, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »
And i did tell you guys that i suspected DK is up to something and possibly an agent. Although it wasn't till we got Penchant, but he was always suspected. If you vote Lefanis with me, we might have a chance.

Nah, it was too late. Agents had parity, so whether you voted me or not, we'd have won as the Thing was tagged and ready to go.   8)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #369: November 07, 2012, 06:17:18 PM »
"What about your research?!" he screams at DK next.
"I guess I prefer to be a hit with the ladies as an Agent," DK simply replies.

Favourite quote ever ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #370: November 07, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »
Nah, it was too late. Agents had parity, so whether you voted me or not, we'd have won as the Thing was tagged and ready to go.   8)

Actually not, there were 5 of us including the Thing. So the last lynching was actually significant, because Richard wouldn't want to get captured by the Thing.

DK

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #371: November 07, 2012, 06:27:40 PM »
Actually not, there were 5 of us including the Thing. So the last lynching was actually significant, because Richard wouldn't want to get captured by the Thing.

Yes, there is 5 but The Thing doesn't count towards parity. Read the rules  8)

The Thing: May kill one person per day until it reaches parity and will then openly kill everyone. The Thing's special ability (ONE TIME USE only) can only be discovered through research and even past research from other scientific outposts (may or may not be relevant) Only research can narrow it down. Any infected host will NOT count towards parity and will not be active until the original Thing dies and it takes over. Has a more successful attack against the quieter humans who don't speak much and keep to themselves. After several successful attacks can then attack anyone successfully. The Thing wins when it reaches parity and kills everyone.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #372: November 07, 2012, 07:55:50 PM »
I also enjoyed Fury's creativity in some things. For example, Ketchum calling me perv the first night when I protected him AND Sonya calling him perv that same night, as Ketchum was also a mercenary doing his protection stuff. Definitely weird to see three scientists walking around together the whole night  ;D
D'Espana Family

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #373: November 07, 2012, 08:03:16 PM »
Ohhhhhh.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #374: November 08, 2012, 12:17:54 AM »
I also enjoyed Fury's creativity in some things. For example, Ketchum calling me perv the first night when I protected him AND Sonya calling him perv that same night, as Ketchum was also a mercenary doing his protection stuff. Definitely weird to see three scientists walking around together the whole night  ;D
It is coincidence that bring us all together. We more or less cracked that ABC puzzle on first night itself 8)

I should have let the infected Thing kill you then. But I like you to be alive, cos I like your presence 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)