Community > Other Games

Age of Wonders

(1/2) > >>

DoctorHarte:
I was interested to see the game that BM's maps are based off of. It's currently downloading on Steam and looks like a fun strategy game. What are other people's reviews of the game/map editor?

I jut tried out the map editor; awesome! Was wondering if there's a download link for any of theBM maps in AoWEd form?

squishymaster:
The game is extremely sweet.  Steam has a combo pack for the lot of Age of Wonders games that I'll be picking up soon when I'm done with the game I'm on now.  Its kind of similar to a Heroes of Might and Magic in a way but so much better in many ways.  Check the campaign out and you'll see  :D

DoctorHarte:

--- Quote from: squishymaster on April 05, 2011, 01:37:25 PM ---The game is extremely sweet.  Steam has a combo pack for the lot of Age of Wonders games that I'll be picking up soon when I'm done with the game I'm on now.  Its kind of similar to a Heroes of Might and Magic in a way but so much better in many ways.  Check the campaign out and you'll see  :D

--- End quote ---

I've been playing a few scenarios to figure out the game first. It took forever for me to find out how to cast a spell! But a very good strategy game, similar to Battle for Wesnoth, but overall better. Still need to play around more with the map editor.

songqu88@gmail.com:
BoW is free though! And yes, that matters to me. I did join BM because I read that it's totally free.

DoctorHarte:

--- Quote from: Artemesia on April 06, 2011, 03:13:26 AM ---BoW is free though! And yes, that matters to me. I did join BM because I read that it's totally free.

--- End quote ---

BoW is tons of fun and free, but paying $6 for AoW and the map editor was very little. If it wasn't for the fact that BM is similar to AoW, I probably wouldn't have looked at it in the first place.

Whenever I play BoW, I do the RPGs.. so much fun to play 1 character with a few other players, buy epic weapons and powers, then crush hundreds of waves of enemies!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version