Author Topic: Kabrinskia Realm Merger  (Read 22760 times)

BattleMaster Server

Kabrinskia Realm Merger
« Topic Start: November 12, 2012, 04:11:59 PM »
Summary:Kabrinskia Realm Merger
Violation:Realm Mergers Rule
World:Dwilight
Complainer:Lyman Stone
About:Allison

Full Complaint Text:
By her own confession and by obvious fact, Allison has ceded Golden Farrow, the last city and capital of Kabrinskia, to Astrum. She did this despite a very recent Magistrate case:

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,3396.75.html

Wherein realm mergers had been extensively discussed. It seems highly unlikely she was unaware of the rule given the depth and breadth of recent discussions.

She claims she thought the ban changed things somehow– but this is untenable, as, to my knowledge, there is no game indication whatsoever that this may be the case.

This is a bug, and a widely known bug. It has been clearly exploited right after a Magistrate case relating to it. This can be quickly and easily addressed– and should be, and severely.

Also, THIS BUG NEEDS TO BE FIXED. This is the third time this bug has been exploited for one reason or another. This should be a very high priority.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Kabrinskia Realm Merger
« Reply #1: November 12, 2012, 04:12:22 PM »
I will recuse myself from voting on the verdict.

This should be very quick.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 12, 2012, 04:27:35 PM »
A point of fact:

Unless there is something I do not know about, this is the second time this has happened, not the third. The moving of the Duchy of Sun Hall to Luria Nova did not leave the realm deprived of duchies or regions capable of being the capital.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 12, 2012, 04:29:53 PM »
Another note too: Earlier today a Dev member warned that the player couldn't do that change because Golden Farrow was the only duchy of the realm, the player still changed.

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,1421.1605.html

(page 108 - last 4 posts)
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 12, 2012, 04:51:56 PM »
A point of fact:

Unless there is something I do not know about, this is the second time this has happened, not the third. The moving of the Duchy of Sun Hall to Luria Nova did not leave the realm deprived of duchies or regions capable of being the capital.

Surrender of Hammarsett was #1.

People often forget it.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 12, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

People often forget it.

Ah! I'm not sure I even knew about it to begin with ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #6: November 12, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »
I really think it's the fault of the system, as it relies on people being in-tune with what's on the forums in order for people to realize something is a bug and not normal. IF there had been a general announcement on battlemaster regarding the first magistrate case, this wouldn't have happened.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 12, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
Except for the part where Allison was personally told this was a no-no.

And the player of Allison is very regular and active on the forum.

Though I agree we need a better announcement system.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 12, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »
Except for the part where Allison was personally told this was a no-no.

And the player of Allison is very regular and active on the forum.

Though I agree we need a better announcement system.

A better announcement system than an easily and publicly accessible forum dedicated to exactly these kinds of things?

Really?
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 12, 2012, 05:53:05 PM »
I was told I couldnt do it.  I took that as it isnt possible not that it was an exploit.  It wasnt specified.  When I had the option in Golden Farrow I assumed there was a reason for it.  I was banned and had only one option.

As for reading the Forums...  I do so sporatically. I didnt even know about the Aurvandil war protests until it was pointed out to me and the thread was over 6 pages long already.

No punishments were announced for the Solaro incident and the nobles involved were still Dukes/Lords.  I play mostly by phone and I dont read all the Forums.

Just recently Anaris commented that I live in a Forum black hole since I had no idea about some of the things going dow in Aurvandil
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 12, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »
The Solari incident punishment was a 1 day lockout.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 12, 2012, 06:17:01 PM »

People often forget it.

I believe an important distinction between the surrender of Hammarsett and this case is that while the surrender of Hammarsett was an exploit of the duchy movement bug, it was not in fact a realm merger as it was not done on friendly terms.

The current case was done on friendly terms with prior permission from leadership within Astrum. A(At least based upon Allison's IC letters)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 12, 2012, 06:27:34 PM »
I don't believe Hammarsett qualifies as a merger of equals. Hammarsett got the crap beaten out of it. As a single region realm it completely surrendered and gave up to Coria. That's different ahn a completely healthy, viable, and prosperous realm like Kabrinskia joining Astrum whole.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 12, 2012, 06:35:49 PM »
I don't currently have access to a computer so I can't copy and paste the In game message right now but it appears that Allison and the Vasilif of Astrum pre-planned the move explicitly to work around game limitations.

To clarify: The Vasilif (Ruler?) Of Astrum just stated that Allison moved the duchy to Astrum with the preconceived intent to simply secede the duchy again as a new realm as soon as she is able. This is explicitly against the game mechanic that prevents the Duke of the capital from seceding to form a new realm and it seems was planned as such so that a character can avoid in game consequences.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 12, 2012, 06:50:39 PM »
Quote from: Sergio
Letter from Sergio Mozzoni   (41 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in message group "Vasilif's Council" (7 recipients)
Lady Allison asked for political asylum for her and her duchy. I granted her a home in Astrum and offered an estate in Eidulb but not to her lands, of course. I'll share my correspondance with you asap.

Now we should focus on calming the situation and rebulding former Kabrinskia.

Please share your thoughts with this council. Any help is welcomed.
Sergio Mozzoni
Vasilif of Astrum
Duke of Eidulb
Margrave of Eidulb

That's the only message Sergio (ruler of Astrum) has had to say IG about the events that transpired. If there was any kind of agreement to accept the lands of Kabrinskia into Astrum, he didn't mention anything to anyone. He is, however, working to make plans to reform the realm. Not sure who he plans to have do it...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.