Author Topic: Kabrinskia Realm Merger  (Read 22761 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Kabrinskia Realm Merger
« Reply #45: November 15, 2012, 09:57:37 PM »
This whole line of thinking—that a 3-day lock of one person is somehow really meant as a punishment for others—is just so completely wrongheaded I'm not going to try to address it further.

It's also utterly and completely beyond the scope of this case. If you dislike the idea of a temporary account lock as a standard punishment for violations of the Social Contract and the other rules of the game, you need to start a new thread somewhere else to discuss it. For now, this is the punishment for Allison that has been handed down, and it is not subject to appeal by you.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: November 15, 2012, 10:05:16 PM »
This whole line of thinking—that a 3-day lock of one person is somehow really meant as a punishment for others—is just so completely wrongheaded I'm not going to try to address it further.

It's also utterly and completely beyond the scope of this case. If you dislike the idea of a temporary account lock as a standard punishment for violations of the Social Contract and the other rules of the game, you need to start a new thread somewhere else to discuss it. For now, this is the punishment for Allison that has been handed down, and it is not subject to appeal by you.

I'm not trying to appeal it, I'm just registering my disappointment with how it turned out. I am on the record with my displeasure over Dusty's bug exploit and do feel some measure of punishment is warranted, but as Allison was literally planning to leave her seat today this lock does not punish the character or the player so much as it does everyone else involved (And I realize this is an unintended consequence).

If you don't want feedback on your rulings, then I humbly suggest you either lock threads the very moment judgement is posted or get rid of this sub-forum altogether and do everything on IRC. Don't take it personally, dude, I just think this whole situation is FUBAR, and I'm not going to play my character differently just to circumvent OOC complications.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #47: November 15, 2012, 10:45:56 PM »
Get the nobles of the former realm together and have them approach the ruling council of Astrum.  Ask that Allison be banished and that one of their own be appointed as Duke.

I would suggest that this time when you secede, you do not allow it to be named after the family of Allison. =P

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: November 16, 2012, 12:43:28 PM »
Perhaps I'm misreading things here, but this decision seems to attempt to redefine what Tom has stated is a friendly realm merger:

A "friendly realm merger"...what I intend by those words is that I don't want realm A and realm B to sit together and say "hey, as one realm we would have better game mechanics on our side" or whatever, and then simply join up.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #49: November 16, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »
Which is what the Duchess attempted to do, no?  Approaching other realms (and merging anyway).  Perhaps it wasn't the true ruling council who was involved, but they didn't exactly get a say due to the bug, did they?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #50: November 16, 2012, 01:30:11 PM »
Actually, it was done without permission of anyone.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: November 16, 2012, 02:13:32 PM »
Gustave makes a good point there.  How can it be friendly when no one gave me permission and I am having to give up my Duchy, Lordship or Council positions or combination.  There was no equality in this merger.

How do I appeal?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: November 16, 2012, 02:15:56 PM »
Send an email to Tom. There is no other appeal.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:19:10 PM by Indirik »
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.