Author Topic: Rieleston  (Read 24802 times)

Elroy

Re: Rieleston
« Reply #45: November 20, 2012, 10:15:25 PM »
Sorry took me so long to respond, but I only check the forums every month or two.

Yes, Rieleston was the name my character suggested to Duke Arturius, as it was a combination of location of capital (Barad Riel) combined with the name of the former realm, and also expressed what the old farts in our new realm believe to be true - that we are the "Real Eston," living off the legacy (as they remember it...right or wrong) of some long forgotten "ideal" Eston from the past.  In game the reasons for the secession are a combination of what has been stated...plus a few more that will be revealed in time.

To the comment about Rieleston possibly being Norland's successor...um no.  That realm deserved to die for a reason.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: November 21, 2012, 02:41:44 AM »
To the comment about Rieleston possibly being Norland's successor...um no.  That realm deserved to die for a reason.

That, at least, we can full heartily agree upon!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: November 23, 2012, 04:43:09 PM »
Jeah just forget about Norland, let's rebuild Abington...again! You could call it Abington Again as well. Then when CE attacks they'd always have a good excuse. Jeah we're going to an AA meeting, be back soon.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: November 25, 2012, 04:42:09 PM »
Jeah just forget about Norland, let's rebuild Abington...again! You could call it Abington Again as well. Then when CE attacks they'd always have a good excuse. Jeah we're going to an AA meeting, be back soon.

I can't believe its not Abington

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: January 03, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »
Cookies. Pancakes.

What the hell is it with hallucinogenic Atamaran food stuffs!

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evj6xg1LiLY

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: February 03, 2013, 07:23:20 AM »
Rieleston's self image issues continue as, even when Eston has been utterly defeated, they continue to launch assassination attempts against it's nobles.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: February 03, 2013, 07:31:24 AM »
Cookies. Pancakes.

What the hell is it with hallucinogenic Atamaran food stuffs!

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evj6xg1LiLY

Pancakes being the better of the two.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: February 03, 2013, 08:01:10 AM »
I can't believe its not Abington
Took me a second to realize that reference which I like and it insults Suville so I think that should be the new name used when referencing Suville.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Elroy

« Reply #53: February 03, 2013, 08:57:31 AM »
Rieleston's self image issues continue as, even when Eston has been utterly defeated, they continue to launch assassination attempts against it's nobles.

Kerwin's self image issues continue as, even when Eston has been utterly defeated, he continues to look for ways to "outsmart" the terms of the unconditional surrender of his realm.   Did he really think that appointing Cyrillos as Duke of Belegrond would be tolerated by someone like Elroy?  You missed the back story, but Elroy let his only friend Zak die in order to make sure Arturius was emotional enough to break away and form Rieleston.  He is heartless, and acting on his own personal vendettas right now.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: February 03, 2013, 09:50:26 AM »
Kerwin's self image issues continue as, even when Eston has been utterly defeated, he continues to look for ways to "outsmart" the terms of the unconditional surrender of his realm.   Did he really think that appointing Cyrillos as Duke of Belegrond would be tolerated by someone like Elroy?  You missed the back story, but Elroy let his only friend Zak die in order to make sure Arturius was emotional enough to break away and form Rieleston.  He is heartless, and acting on his own personal vendettas right now.

Outsmart the treaty? There is nothing to outsmart, so I'm unsure what you mean. And Kerwin appointed Cyrilos because he is one of Kerwin's closest confidant's and advisers, and that's usually how appointments work. Kerwin gave zero consideration to how some bandit in the night felt about it. Honestly, I'm not sure why Elroy cares, his ilk succeeded in their rebellion and succeeded in crippling Eston, I'm not sure what more he really wants.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: February 03, 2013, 09:53:22 AM »

Kerwin never even claimed to be intended to hold the Ducal seat for very long, given the disapproval expressed by several nobles– and that was prior to the treaty.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Elroy

« Reply #56: February 03, 2013, 02:27:49 PM »
What more does he want?  Let me see...revenge against a King (and his council) who has treated one of the most successful infiltrators on Atamara as a "bandit in the night," 2000 gold bounty, a lame-duck King off the throne of Eston, the duchy of Belegrond under the rule of Rieleston, and a really good cup of coffee.  Wait, the coffee is what my brain wants this early in the morning.

I suppose at this point of his 72 year old life and 40+ year infiltrator career, Elroy's main reason for doing what he does is simple...amusement...because he can.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: February 03, 2013, 04:59:54 PM »
Crystal meth coria hmm this explains some things.... mm but cookies are so good.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: February 03, 2013, 10:03:02 PM »
What more does he want?  Let me see...revenge against a King (and his council) who has treated one of the most successful infiltrators on Atamara as a "bandit in the night,"

See. This is the problem I always have with infiltrators in terms of RP and treating them IC. 1) "most successful infiltrators" that has never killed anyone? The worst Elroy's ever done is injure someone "so badly" they recover in a week's time. and 2) No, my character who is a Medieval Noble would not respect another "noble" who sneaks around and stabs knives in peoples back. That isn't honorable. Fight a man on the field of battle like a man, or in a duel. It's nothing unique to Elroy, I just always have a problem trying to fit infiltrators into the BM world.

2000 gold bounty, a lame-duck King off the throne of Eston, the duchy of Belegrond under the rule of Rieleston,

As for these things, you already have all of those. Except for the bounty, I am unsure how the others are relevent to attacking Kerwin or Azreal. But whatever, like you said I guess it's just because Elroy just likes to be an ass, lol.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: February 03, 2013, 11:42:20 PM »
I suppose at this point of his 72 year old life and 40+ year infiltrator career, Elroy's main reason for doing what he does is simple...amusement...because he can.

Out of curiosity: does anybody know if age makes sword/infil skills deteriorate faster or anthing like that? I know hours get to be a problem, but does age hurt skills?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner