Author Topic: Re: Kabrinskia Realm Merger  (Read 11210 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Kabrinskia Realm Merger
« Reply #15: November 13, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »
The ban button is a pretty damn powerful link. Nothing else can strip someone of their titles.

Fleeing the realm with what you've got is the only way to escape it. Dukes of single-duchy realms are not supposed to do that.

So what are a single-duchy realm's duke's options if banned? Get the judge protested? Will that even cancel the ban? If not, though luck. 3 turns for a normal ban, there's no way you'll get a new judge in time to reverse it. Rebel? This isn't the ruler we are talking about. And you need to be ready for it when it happens... I'm not even sure if someone banned can rebel.

There's nothing he can do to save his titles. And this is wrong, imo. This is a rule I really hate. These things should be handled by tough in-game mechanics, not by OOC rules.

Who cares if you lose your titles if you have the support of the nobility?

All that means is that any lost titles is temporary in nature. A duke is highly likely to have the support of their vassals. Any Judge banning a Duke of a single duchy realm is likely to be protested out. The next judge can revoke the ban and the Duke can return and be reappointed. That seems extremely balanced to me. A Judge can't simply ban someone and know it'll work out in his favor all the time. They take a serious risk for all of their power.

Dukes however, have very very little risk for their enormous power. They can ONLY be removed by a judge. They have their position for life unlike judges (even if they currently do a Ruler can simply change it to make votes monthly). Single duchy realm dukes should have some drawback but that isn't even the reason for the game mechanic.

If the Duke of a single duchy realm decides to take everything they destroy the plans of every person in their realm in one fell swoop. They destroy four government titles. They cancel all wars/ambitions/plans/armies, etc... all in one fell swoop. That should NOT be able to happen. The fact that it can is a bug. I see no reason to support actually making it a feature.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."