Author Topic: Re: Kabrinskia Realm Merger  (Read 11158 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Kabrinskia Realm Merger
« Reply #30: November 15, 2012, 08:41:11 PM »
It is unreasonable to expect all players to have a detailed knowledge of what behaviors are bugs and what are not when the nature of the bug is such that it is not obviously a bug. IMO, and this is how I will vote as a Magistrate from this point forward, if the bug is not obvious in nature and it cannot be conclusively proven that a player operated in full awareness of the nature of the bug, you cannot punish a player for playing the game as it is presented to them.

If the game allows you to do something, then as far as I am concerned a player is doing nothing wrong by doing it unless the nature of the action is so obviously a bug that the player cannot reasonably have come to any other conclusion about it, and I am inclined to make that an extremely high bar to meet. If a bug exists that is game-unbalancing, then the burden of action is on the developers to rectify it, not on the players to be aware of it and avoid it. Until such a time as the developers take action, players should not be held responsible for playing the game as it is rather than game as it should be.

That is all I have to say on the subject. Please expect me to consistently apply a very high standard of evidence to complaints of this nature in the future.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #31: November 15, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »
Yay... I have to wait three !@#$ing days to do my !@#$ing rp with Allison that was the only reason I unpaused my Gustav character because Tom doesn't have an announcement system for when bug exploits become known to be announced to the game. Great. Good job guys. Hope you're happy. Not to mention the player of Allison probably won't feel they did anything wrong, because there was no public announcement of the bug outside of the forums, friendly mergers is so vaguely defined that we regularly have arguments over what it really means, and there was a !@#$ing button in game that said they could move the duchy, leaving us with a punishment that is only going to leave bitterness and resentment rather than anything useful.

But, as I said, good job. Have a nice day, I will be off of Battlemaster for a while I cool off and wait for Allison to get back so I can continue the rp.

egamma

« Reply #32: November 16, 2012, 01:09:19 AM »
But, as I said, good job. Have a nice day, I will be off of Battlemaster for a while I cool off and wait for Allison to get back so I can continue the rp.

After reading your childish rant, I believe that is for the best, and will welcome you back when you return.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: November 20, 2012, 12:22:56 AM »
Yay... I have to wait three !@#$ing days to do my !@#$ing rp with Allison that was the only reason I unpaused my Gustav character because Tom doesn't have an announcement system for when bug exploits become known to be announced to the game. Great. Good job guys. Hope you're happy. Not to mention the player of Allison probably won't feel they did anything wrong, because there was no public announcement of the bug outside of the forums, friendly mergers is so vaguely defined that we regularly have arguments over what it really means, and there was a !@#$ing button in game that said they could move the duchy, leaving us with a punishment that is only going to leave bitterness and resentment rather than anything useful.

Ignorantia juris non excusat.

There are rules, players are expected to know them. Upon getting elections, players also get reminders to refresh their memory with these rules.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron