Author Topic: Tournament in Ozrat...  (Read 19831 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament in Ozrat...
« Reply #45: December 01, 2012, 06:15:25 PM »
Not many of the prominent Arcachonians actually died, though. Most paused, emigrated or moved to Ohnar West. They did execute a few of their own nobles during the rebellions, but they were mostly nobodies. I could always have Shinya dug up. Think it'd piss off the Way of the Dragon people if I dug up one of their saints and took his skull?

It took Jenred three years and continent-altering wars to accumulate four skulls, and one of them was a gift (the Himoura who tried to rape Edara, offered from one of the other Himoura's), and the other he essentially bought from an Arcachonian who killed Viracocha in a death duel.  Deathwyrm took three death duels to kill, and Keffer was the only one actually executed.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: December 01, 2012, 11:45:48 PM »
That's what finally became of Keffer? Oh my.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: December 03, 2012, 01:52:16 AM »
That's what finally became of Keffer? Oh my.

Indeed.  He paused when Ethiala fell, then unpaused some time later...But as he had paused in (and had been sworn to) Topenah, he unpaused as an Arcaean noble, in Arcaean lands.  He managed to escape (to Aenilia, I think) but we banned him first, and managed to capture and execute him later.

Only man to ever torture Jenred.  Which is why his skull has pride-of-place on Jenred's throne.

Just like the original Sartania was the only realm to ban Jenred during his sadly brief infiltrating days.  Jenred never had anything particularly against them, but he had to get rid of that pesky ban...(and the threat they kept posing by publicly saying they'd attack as soon as they could, but, you know, the ban was the important bit).
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: December 03, 2012, 03:16:42 AM »
Darn. If I'd known that then I might have been able to save Sartania after all.

Oh well. All's well that ends well. And I suppose the destruction of Sartania did give us the chance to spread over a much wider area.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: December 03, 2012, 06:19:37 AM »
Darn. If I'd known that then I might have been able to save Sartania after all.

My joking aside, that was unlikely.  Sentiment in Arcaea was pretty harsh.  As odd as this may sound to a number of politicians on the continent, Jenred's efforts were much more often spent trying to moderate aggressiveness within Arcaea.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: December 03, 2012, 08:49:04 PM »
My joking aside, that was unlikely.  Sentiment in Arcaea was pretty harsh.  As odd as this may sound to a number of politicians on the continent, Jenred's efforts were much more often spent trying to moderate aggressiveness within Arcaea.

I don't think it would've helped either. I fear that I made Arcaea pissed enough with my actions as Pontifex back then and the whole "we're gonna destroy Arcaea completely" agenda which in the end was no big secret anymore.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela