Author Topic: Sorraine vs. Ohnar West  (Read 53891 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sorraine vs. Ohnar West
« Reply #150: January 02, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »
The likes of McGahee and Melehan have a real knack for pissing people off just by talking to them :p

I don't know, I rather like McGahee myself  ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: January 02, 2013, 06:31:46 PM »
The likes of McGahee and Melehan have a real knack for pissing people off just by talking to them :p

This is true. Which makes it all the more impressive that they are earning sympathy rather than Sorraine!

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: January 02, 2013, 08:25:12 PM »
It seems Selene managed to do the same and the difference is, she spoke lately and the Magahee's did not...
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: January 02, 2013, 10:30:23 PM »
Selene is the new Viracocha.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #154: January 03, 2013, 12:51:07 AM »
Yup, but then the entire government thought it'd be cool to just walk away..just walk away and I got appointed to clean up the mess.

And Ohnar West was maybe winning the actual physical war, but politics are far nastier and they overplayed their hand. There was no chance they'd get a city.

Sorry that I had a life to get to and couldn't play that character like I wanted to anymore.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: January 03, 2013, 01:48:27 AM »
given Sorraine's goal of eliminating Ohnar entirely.

I forget whether or not that was Sorraine's original goal or not, but I know for sure that Velax was the one who created and perpetuated the plan for invasion. When the time came, he pulled out to save face, Sorraine lost, and here we are now with Arcaea stepping in again: the circle is complete.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: January 03, 2013, 01:50:54 AM »
Our original official goal was not to wipe out OW. There were some who wanted to, of course, but in our initial discussions we only intended to take a couple rurals. Apparently, though, that's not how it was announced to the world at large.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: January 03, 2013, 04:41:56 AM »
I forget whether or not that was Sorraine's original goal or not, but I know for sure that Velax was the one who created and perpetuated the plan for invasion. When the time came, he pulled out to save face, Sorraine lost, and here we are now with Arcaea stepping in again: the circle is complete.

That's...not even vaguely correct. Arcaea was going to invade Ohnar - alone - to force a ban on Melehan for his actions during the war. We were not going to destroy Ohnar and Sorraine was not going to be involved. Then out of nowhere Mathilda announced she was going to invade Ohnar to destroy them without bothering to consult anyone first. Arcaea did not believe Ohnar deserved to be destroyed over the actions of one idiot in their ranks.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: January 03, 2013, 05:03:13 AM »
Hrrmm.... In Sorraine, we heard that Arcaea had decided not to invade before we decided to go ahead with our war. In fact, we asked Mathilda to make sure that Arcaea was not going to be going to war, and to ask Coralynth to keep out of it, specifically so we could avoid the typical dog-pile war. If we knew that Arcaea was ,in fact, going to attack Ohnar West, we wouldn't have declared. At least, that's what those of us that weren't the ruler wanted.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: January 03, 2013, 05:10:41 AM »
Mathilda probably didn't know Arcaea was going to invade, as we had only just reached that decision when Mathilda announced her plan. But she certainly didn't contact Velax beforehand to ask whether we would invade or not.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: January 03, 2013, 12:19:15 PM »
I have to say, Mathilda never really gave the impression of being an on-the-ball ruler. But, you know, divine right and all that - can't question someone ruling by the will of the gods :p

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: January 04, 2013, 03:54:24 AM »
That's...not even vaguely correct. Arcaea was going to invade Ohnar - alone - to force a ban on Melehan for his actions during the war. We were not going to destroy Ohnar and Sorraine was not going to be involved. Then out of nowhere Mathilda announced she was going to invade Ohnar to destroy them without bothering to consult anyone first. Arcaea did not believe Ohnar deserved to be destroyed over the actions of one idiot in their ranks.

That is more than vaguely correct. I would remember, since Caspius and Velax talked about it at length. I'm talking BEFORE the war, remember? Caspius wanted Ohnar West off the map, and he also wanted more regions. Velax told him that he'd help, so long as Caspius let the future realm of Coralynth have Sasrhas and Nbasah. The fact that Me'hoe was Prime Minister, undesirables were his councilors (and duke), and the realm unaligned itself from our solidarity movement against the southern realms meant they were an enemy.

We were, as a result, going to destroy Ohnar completely: the one thing I looked forward to more than anything, including my plans for religious war against OotE.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: January 04, 2013, 04:18:24 AM »
Before the war? Yes, months before it. Five or six months and two rulers ago, actually. Back when Me'hoe was being a twat and trying to organise a coalition of southern realms to invade the north. Back when Ohnar was doing everything it could to deliberately antagonise Arcaea and Sorraine. And even then, Velax never would have invaded without an ironclad casus belli. But then you got yourself murdered and Ohnar got itself a semi-competent ruler.

Invading Ohnar West had never been discussed with Mathilda. And as Indirik has pointed out, Sorraine apparently didn't want Arcaea involved, in any case.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: January 04, 2013, 04:37:44 AM »
Before the war? Yes, months before it. Five or six months and two rulers ago, actually. Back when Me'hoe was being a twat and trying to organise a coalition of southern realms to invade the north. Back when Ohnar was doing everything it could to deliberately antagonise Arcaea and Sorraine. And even then, Velax never would have invaded without an ironclad casus belli. But then you got yourself murdered and Ohnar got itself a semi-competent ruler.

Invading Ohnar West had never been discussed with Mathilda. And as Indirik has pointed out, Sorraine apparently didn't want Arcaea involved, in any case.

I misinterpreted the term "original" in this case, I suppose.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: January 04, 2013, 04:10:24 PM »
Our original official goal was not to wipe out OW

Sorraine's official goal (as transmitted by its official mouthpiece) was very much to wipe out OW. Mathilda was very unambiguous about that.