Author Topic: Sorraine vs. Ohnar West  (Read 54637 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sorraine vs. Ohnar West
« Reply #150: January 04, 2013, 03:54:24 AM »
That's...not even vaguely correct. Arcaea was going to invade Ohnar - alone - to force a ban on Melehan for his actions during the war. We were not going to destroy Ohnar and Sorraine was not going to be involved. Then out of nowhere Mathilda announced she was going to invade Ohnar to destroy them without bothering to consult anyone first. Arcaea did not believe Ohnar deserved to be destroyed over the actions of one idiot in their ranks.

That is more than vaguely correct. I would remember, since Caspius and Velax talked about it at length. I'm talking BEFORE the war, remember? Caspius wanted Ohnar West off the map, and he also wanted more regions. Velax told him that he'd help, so long as Caspius let the future realm of Coralynth have Sasrhas and Nbasah. The fact that Me'hoe was Prime Minister, undesirables were his councilors (and duke), and the realm unaligned itself from our solidarity movement against the southern realms meant they were an enemy.

We were, as a result, going to destroy Ohnar completely: the one thing I looked forward to more than anything, including my plans for religious war against OotE.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus